Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Press Registration  (Read 8822 times)

Offline bertonebeatle

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
SDCC 2019 Press Registration
« on: November 07, 2018, 03:48:52 AM »
My credentials are due again this year....and so far the site hasn't said when to apply. Last year the deadline was November...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:39:01 PM by Angology »

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
Re: Press applications for 2019??
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 08:38:30 AM »
Does anyone have a clue when press registration will open? It would have been nice before regular registration.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: SDCC 2019 Press Registration
« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:54:07 PM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 09:43:50 AM »
No indications yet in member ID notices and these areas still show only 2018 information:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Lynnpd

• Exhibit Hall
    • AllStephenMoyer.com
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 09:44:27 AM »
I wrote to CC and got this response about applications for returning as PRESS

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are in the process of preparing the 2019 press application and registration periods. Returning members of the press will be notified via email with specific instructions once each period opens.

If you are a returning press member with verification DUE, we encourage you to participate in Open Registration for an attendee badge if you believe your coverage has not been consistent since last verified. Open Registration on Saturday, November 10, 2018 is the attendee badge purchase period, subject to availability, NOT registration for a press badge.

Please note, approved press members that purchase an attendee badge must request a refund prior to registering their press badge, which occurs after your press application is verified and approved.

We encourage you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Toucan - the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon for any important announcements.
[/color]

Since I have continually attended since 2010, I'm going to wait it out to hear from them about Press registration and hope for getting renewed.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 09:15:15 PM »
Thanks for the info, that's great to know! My verification is due this year.

Offline bertonebeatle

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 03:30:54 AM »
My verification is also due, but my coverage has only increased so I'm not super concerned....just annoyed lol.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 01:51:46 AM »
Forum Housekeeping:

I will designate this as our press registration thread for Comic-Con 2019.  As such, this thread will be renamed from "Press applications for 2019??" to "SDCC 2019 Press Registration."

^___~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Lynnpd

• Exhibit Hall
    • AllStephenMoyer.com
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 09:11:49 AM »
Thank you Zero!

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
Any theories why they are waiting so long?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 06:39:45 PM »
Any theories why they are waiting so long?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would not advise speculation and will just keep an eye out for the notification when they are ready all of us happy press people.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 07:10:54 PM »
minor update to soon You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Press 

The Comic-Con 2019 press application period is coming soon! Please be sure to check back frequently for updates.

We encourage you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Toucan - the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim - for any important registration announcements.

Comic-Con Press Terms & Conditions

There will be NO onsite press registration. Approved and "NOT DUE" press must register online each year they plan to attend. Press must submit verification materials every two years, unless requested earlier by Comic-Con. Approved freelance applicants will only be valid for the year applying.

A Comic-Con press badge is good for entry to all of the events held at Comic-Con (space permitting). However, it does not allow for early entry into the Exhibit Hall, programming rooms or official Comic-Con events; and does not guarantee seating. Please keep in mind that press registration is a courtesy and a Comic-Con press badge is non-transferable. You may not transfer or sell a Comic-Con press badge. A complimentary press badge does not allow for plus-ones, guests, or child badges. A press badge has no monetary value and you are not entitled to a refund of any amount for your complimentary press badge. Duplicate badges of any type are not allowed.

Registered press members are prohibited from entering the Exhibit Hall prior to 6:00 PM on Preview Night or during closed Exhibit Hall hours. There are no exceptions. Any pictures taken within the Exhibit Hall prior to 6:00 PM on Preview Night, and posted for public viewing, will result in the forfeiture of the Comic-Con press badge.

Because of a variety of rules governing the San Diego Convention Center and Comic-Con International, wheeled carts or handcarts are not allowed in the convention center. Additionally, camera crews, while free to roam the center, cannot set up equipment in a fixed manner (i.e. tripods, lights, chairs, signs, etc.).

Members of the press that would like to videotape, film, and/or record any matter that will be used for commercial purposes (non-news) must first obtain written permission from Comic-Con and any other participants being recorded. Live streaming and recording at Comic-Con, including posting more than 15 minutes of a panel, is not permitted without prior consent from Comic-Con. To request the appropriate consents please email [email protected] with detailed information regarding the interest to record at Comic-Con.

PLEASE NOTE: Names, outlets, titles, email addresses, and countries of registered press members will be made available to participating studios, exhibitors, programming participants, etc., prior to each convention (COMIC-CON PRESS LIST).

As always, the issuance of a press badge is at the sole discretion of Comic-Con. Please be respectful to all attendees. A press badge is provided as a courtesy to cover our conventions. Comic-Con does not tolerate coverage that includes stunt-type events, ambush interviewing, or any sort of action that could make any attendee feel unsafe or uncomfortable. All registered press members are held to Comic-Con’s Code of Conduct and all other Convention Policies (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »
Hopefully all should have received the information email from CCI re. Press today. Here is what the email stated. (Big changes for this year for press registration):

There are exciting and big changes for Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2019! The press application period is open and now includes verification for both events, and is now outlet-based which means only ONE application per press outlet!

Your Outlet Key Contact (OKC) is now solely responsible for handling the press application and registration processes for you and your outlet moving forward. We understand that change can be tough, but our goal is to help streamline the press application and registration processes for our members of the press!

OKCs for returning press outlets will receive a separate email stating the 2019 press outlet status, including Comic-Con Outlet ID login credentials.

For returning press outlets with an outlet status of “Verification DUE - Reapply”, the OKC will be responsible for submitting the “Press Outlet Application” for you and the outlet by Friday, January 11, 2019 to be considered.

For returning press outlets with an outlet status of “Verification NOT DUE – Approved”, no action is required at this time. Once press badge registration opens at a later date for each convention, the OKC will be eligible to register the individual members of the press outlet. PLEASE NOTE: Individual members must have their own confirmed Comic-Con Member ID to be registered.

Once your OKC successfully registers you for a press badge, your press status will return to your Comic-Con Member ID account.

Though you are not listed as the OKC of your press outlet, we encourage you to visit the press website here to download and carefully read the “Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2019 Press Guidelines” PDF for detailed information on the new press application and registration processes.

For more information and frequently asked questions regarding Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2019 press application and registration, please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Good luck to all. I am due this year and am trying to get the agency I shoot photos for to help out. I hate not having the full control over the application process. Looks like some are already accounted for (i.e. the number of allocated press badges for outlets).

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
SDCC 2019 Press Registration
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 06:46:36 PM »
Hopefully all should have received the information email from CCI re. Press today. Here is what the email stated. (Big changes for this year for press registration):

There are exciting and big changes for Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2019! The press application period is open and now includes verification for both events, and is now outlet-based which means only ONE application per press outlet!

Your Outlet Key Contact (OKC) is now solely responsible for handling the press application and registration processes for you and your outlet moving forward. We understand that change can be tough, but our goal is to help streamline the press application and registration processes for our members of the press!

OKCs for returning press outlets will receive a separate email stating the 2019 press outlet status, including Comic-Con Outlet ID login credentials.

For returning press outlets with an outlet status of “Verification DUE - Reapply”, the OKC will be responsible for submitting the “Press Outlet Application” for you and the outlet by Friday, January 11, 2019 to be considered.

For returning press outlets with an outlet status of “Verification NOT DUE – Approved”, no action is required at this time. Once press badge registration opens at a later date for each convention, the OKC will be eligible to register the individual members of the press outlet. PLEASE NOTE: Individual members must have their own confirmed Comic-Con Member ID to be registered.

Once your OKC successfully registers you for a press badge, your press status will return to your Comic-Con Member ID account.

Though you are not listed as the OKC of your press outlet, we encourage you to visit the press website here to download and carefully read the “Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2019 Press Guidelines” PDF for detailed information on the new press application and registration processes.

For more information and frequently asked questions regarding Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2019 press application and registration, please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Good luck to all. I am due this year and am trying to get the agency I shoot photos for to help out. I hate not having the full control over the application process. Looks like some are already accounted for (i.e. the number of allocated press badges for outlets).
We are up for reverification this year. The application does not appear to be too difficult. Good luck to all who are applying.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 06:11:57 AM »
It sounds like what CCI wants to do is just approve outlets, and then the outlets can decide which of their people they want to send. This means less work for CCI (fewer applications to review) and more flexibility for the outlets. Of course, this transition year is not fun...

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 12:18:28 PM »
It sounds like what CCI wants to do is just approve outlets, and then the outlets can decide which of their people they want to send. This means less work for CCI (fewer applications to review) and more flexibility for the outlets. Of course, this transition year is not fun...
Agreed.
CCI are cleaning house. This year was all over the place in terms of press and I think they know that. Now they are pulling the drawbridge in to one & all and making the overarching outlet put in one application. Then the outlet can decide who goes.
It's a very positive step from CCI in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk