Author Topic: New & Returning TV show Chat  (Read 50023 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: New & Returning TV show Chat
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2017, 08:24:10 AM »
For those who are fans of Riverdale, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is under development for Fall 2018 on CW.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a series of comics about Sabrina, but it is much darker than a typical Archie comic, with a significant horror/occult focus. I'm looking forward to seeing it developed for television.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
Anyone here watch Halt and Catch Fire? Last week's episode was one of the best hours of television I have seen. Gearing up for this week's episode
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #152 on: Today at 02:27:44 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2017, 08:36:08 PM »
For those who are fans of Riverdale, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is under development for Fall 2018 on CW.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a series of comics about Sabrina, but it is much darker than a typical Archie comic, with a significant horror/occult focus. I'm looking forward to seeing it developed for television.

we found the following out about a character who has a major role in season 2 of the Shannara Chronicles, she is also appearing in Riverdale as Jugheads friend- Malese Jow. 
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2017, 12:20:26 PM »

The X-Files star Gillian Anderson revealed Sunday that the upcoming 11th season of the hit sci-fi series will be her last. Fans were elated in 2016 when David Duchovny and Anderson’s FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully got back on the case for a six-part X-Files revival — a long-awaited 10th season after the show’s initial series run from 1993 to 2002.

Naturally, the success of the revival immediately got talks in motion for an 11th season, which Duchovny and Anderson started shooting in August, along with the return of Mitch Pileggi (as FBI assistant director Walter Skinner) and William B. Davis (Cigarette Smoking Man), as well as Tom Braidwood, Bruce Harwood and Dean Haglund (the conspiracy theory trio The Lone Gunmen).

But in an interview session with outlets including Screen Rant at New York Comic-Con Sunday, Anderson said that she will not be returning to the series after season 11. Here’s how Anderson’s planned exit was revealed during a reporter roundtable:

Are you still open to continuing on beyond this season?

Gillian Anderson: No, no, I think this will be it for me.

So, why did you want to do this season?

Gillian Anderson: Because it felt like it wasn’t over. It didn’t feel like we necessarily deliver everything the fans were expecting of us last time, and so it was that.

How much will you miss her if this is really it for you?

Gillian Anderson: I don’t know. You may need to talk to me in a few years about that once I finally shut the door. You know, there’s always been this “maybe one more” thing hanging over, but when the door is finally shut, call me up and ask me that question again.

Anderson’s revelations will surely come as a shock to longtime fans of the series, who will be treated to 10 episodes this year, an increase of four shows over the revival. Whether Anderson’s exit departure from the series after season 11 was in the plans all along is yet to be seen, which we’ll no doubt find out more about in interviews with Anderson, Duchovny and creator Chris Carter as the series nears its mid-2018 premiere.

Gillian Anderson in The X Files Season 10 Episode 6 Exclusive: Gillian Anderson is Finished After X Files Season 11

No matter the case, Anderson’s reveal Sunday does seem to change the significance of the announcement in August that Annabeth Gish, FBI Agent Monica Reyes in season 8 and 9, would also reprise her role for at least one episode; and that Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose — who were introduced as FBI Special Agents Miller and Einstein, respectively, in season 10 — would be back for season 11. Add the fact that Barbara Hershey has joined season 11 to play a mysterious character, and it’s completely within reason to guess that the four actors could help usher in a new era for The X-Files, should the show proceed with a 12th season.

While there have been rumblings of Anderson’s exit from The X-Files dating back to the end of the series’ initial run, the actress’ decision this time to leave the series this time around could possibly go beyond delivering “everything the fans were expecting.” After all, Anderson was very critical of the announcement that the season 11 writers room didn’t include any female scribes (and she also tweeted out that only two of the 207 X-Files episodes were directed by women).

Unless Anderson has a change of heart before season 11’s premiere in a few months, fans can maybe find solace in the wiggle room she seemingly left in her NYCC press session. By saying, “Talk to me in a few years about that once I finally shut the door” and “there’s always been this ‘maybe one more’ thing hanging over,” it almost seems to convey that the door to a return is cracked open, if only a little bit.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:26:30 PM by AzT »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »
Was look at the new netflix shows for November and notice the both The Punisher and the final season of Longmire drop on the 17th. Basically means a whole day where my wife and I won't see each other.

Also, just 4 more days until Stranger Things 2!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2017, 08:43:36 PM »
Travelers season 2 on Netflix December 26th!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2017, 07:37:28 AM »
i have been doing a look ahead to the holiday week and the first week in Jan-
lots of interesting stuff happening- next week & great returning shows in the first week of Jan

black mirror is also coming back soon --- plus the
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2017, 10:34:50 AM »
Can't wait to see the Star Trek themed Black Mirror episode.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Happy on SyFy. Not for everyone but if you are wanting something in the space carved out by Preacher and Ash v Evil Dead, it's right in there.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »
Another new show, new for me at least. Dark on Netflix. I'm only 4 episodes in but so far it's Stranger Things meets Lost meets I don't know what, it's great. My only complaint is that every episode Netflix defaults the setting to English dubbing which is awful and I have to switch it to English subtitles and German audio.

Also, Dead or Alive! Just what you need to get xmas songs out of your head.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2017, 12:17:07 PM »
any tv marathons over the holidays folks are looking foreword to?

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »

I actually have the Doctor Who marathon on in the background right now :) There's a 3 Stooges marathon on New Year's eve I'm looking forward too. And I'm thinking the SyFy disaster movie marathon will be on for part of xmas at least.

As for unofficial marathons, have the recent Samurai Jack episodes to watch and also want to rewatch Tartakovsky's Star Wars cartoons, found those dvds at a library sale recently. Need to watch season 2 of The Good Place. And people at work are insisting I watch Deadwood and Norsemen.

Black Mirror drops the 29th? But that's going to be more of a sip than a binge. And waiting for the last Runaways episode to air so I can get Hulu going and watch it and Handmaid's Tale.

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »
The second half of season 3 of Fuller House drops Friday. I'm not ashamed to say I enjoy that show immensely and will definitely be binging Saturday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2017, 02:55:12 PM »
The second half of season 3 of Fuller House drops Friday. I'm not ashamed to say I enjoy that show immensely and will definitely be binging Saturday

There's a SECOND HALF of the season? I had no idea!!!!!

I love that show too! But then, I enjoyed the original and I am really into the cheese factor of this new version.

So, are you Team Matt or Team Steve?  >:D

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2017, 05:41:12 PM »
There's a SECOND HALF of the season? I had no idea!!!!!

I love that show too! But then, I enjoyed the original and I am really into the cheese factor of this new version.

So, are you Team Matt or Team Steve?  >:D
I was Team Steve at first, but I don't want CJ or Matt to get hurt, so now I'm conflicted. I loved the original too and I appreciate that they captured the heart and warmth of that show but still keep it fresh. I could do without Joey's kids, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2017, 09:55:08 PM »
I don’t mind Joey’s kids as much as Joey. He was the one part of the show I always thought was lame.

I’m Team Matt. I always thought Steve was a goof and now he doesn’t Even have the cool hair to recommend him. ;-). Plus, Steve’s obssession with Deejay is creepy...