Author Topic: Hannibal, Saturday, July 11th, 5:00pm-5:45pm, Ballroom 20  (Read 30722 times)

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
Re: Hannibal confirmed!
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2015, 06:59:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Before we officially start promoting this we should plan out the details.
I think the best way to do this would be to have some volunteers try to race to the mic so we get someone first on each mic (is there more than one? I can't remember), that way when they go to questions we can have the first person give a prepared introduction, including a cue, and then have everyone stand up. And then give each panel member a crown as well. (we need to make those special!)

It'd actually be great if we could get CCI in on it, so they could tell the lighting tech to be ready and turn on the house lights on cue! Because I'm kind of worried flower crowns aren't super noticeable? Unless literally everyone is wearing one. We'll just need to mention it so they know to look for them.

Also it'd be fun to be able to keep this a surprise, but I feel like that's hard when they're all on social media so often looking at our posts!

Er, if this may be the last Hannibal panel, I'd rather the focus be on more the panelists than on the panel attendees/fans. I'd think it'd be more beneficial to ask Bryan specifically what us fans can do to help save the show than be too pre-occupied with the flower crowns which may look great but can distract from the cause.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2015, 07:24:08 PM »
I like these ideas and have a decently large Twitter following.  Almost 3800 on my blog, almost 1100 on my personal.  Write up something and I'll post.  My blog has already become a voice in the movement so I'm happy to promote it.  If we get an image (a great way around the 140 character limit) let me know and I'll share it.

Also id really love a flower crown and hope I can reserve one lol.  I don't want to be left out.  This show means the world to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Hannibal, Saturday, July 11th, 5:00pm-5:45pm, Ballroom 20
« Reply #47 on: Today at 12:54:48 PM »

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2015, 07:41:44 PM »
Er, if this may be the last Hannibal panel, I'd rather the focus be on more the panelists than on the panel attendees/fans. I'd think it'd be more beneficial to ask Bryan specifically what us fans can do to help save the show than be too pre-occupied with the flower crowns which may look great but can distract from the cause.
This whole thing will probably take up 5 minutes at the very most, out of a one hour panel. And the entire point is to thank the panelists for everything they've done and to show our support for them! I understand not wanting to distract from the panel or the fact the show still needs saving, but I do not think this will do that.

As far as a meetup, I'd probably be game. We'd just need to make sure it's early enough to give everyone time to get over to (and into!) the panel. A Hannibal breakfast, perhaps? I can buy a bulk amount of crowns to help out. If it's gonna happen for sure, count me in for around 25 spare crowns, depending on how cheaply I can find them, hah.
Oh I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't trying to start a meetup of just fans. In 2013 there was an official Fannibal meet up hosted at Nerd HQ (which was not the proper venue for that tbh) with Bryan and cast in attendance, giveaways and Q&A, etc. So I was just saying that if they do something like that again and it happens to be before the panel, I don't want to spoil the fun surprise by having everyone show up to that meetup in their flower crowns! Save them for the panel!
But it may be a good idea to arrange a small meet up for Fannibals who don't have flower crowns so they can pick them up or ask questions about the plan. Like Friday night after programming maybe? We'd really only need a basic meeting spot and one person to collect up all extra crowns and distribute them. I can probably do that, but the more the merrier!

And alright, Angel, I'll start now and PM you in a bit with a link!

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2015, 08:13:13 PM »
Y'all are so awesome and on this! Please let me know what kind of help you might need. I could put a few bucks towards crowns. It would be awesome if they do a meet up as well. I don't necessarily think that everyone showing up at a meetup with the crowns would diminish it at the panel. It would be a double impact if they saw a medium size group all with crowns and then walk into the panel with even more people people in their crowns.
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2015, 09:22:12 PM »
Alright guys, I've got an early day tomorrow so I'm done for the night - no post yet because I'm still considering the papers idea along with the flower crowns for a better visual impact. And I'd like to get all that figured out so I can email CCI and pitch the final idea before publicly announcing it. I know we're on a time crunch though, so I'm hoping to get all that done quickly!
Any more ideas and suggestions are welcome!

Other than that I'll let you know when I hear back from CCI, and then it's promoting time!
And sorry for taking over this thread haha

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2015, 10:28:39 PM »
Don't apologize for taking charge and doing something awesome.  It takes team work to get stuff done. :)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
Hannibal confirmed!
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2015, 11:55:07 PM »
I've seen mutterings on Twitter that Mads Mikkelsen is going to go even though he wasn't announced before.  Can't find a source.

If so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a heart attack in the press room.  That man is unreal.  I'm going to cry if I get to see him with my own eyes.

But I need confirmation.

Edit: false alarm.  Oh well.  It's still going to be awesome.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:12:39 AM by Angel_K »

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2015, 05:43:31 AM »
There's quite a few options on Etsy to buy a bulk amount of crowns at a fairly reasonable price. I could buy a large supply so we have a good number on hand to start and then we could just put out in the "official" post that folks can bring their own and possibly a few extras to help out... I think B20 holds about 4500, and of course not everyone there will be willing to don a flower crown but to cover even 1/4 we'll need to get the word spread out there!

If we are all in accord, I can put an order out as soon as today, just to be sure that it arrives in plenty of time... I know I said 25 earlier, but after looking I can probably get 50+. I can take this on myself; if people would prefer to pool $ together we can do that and I can put in an even larger order... whatever works!

Do we have any DIY folks who could take on making real crowns for the panelists? If that seems too ambitious, we could  figure something else out.

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2015, 05:48:09 AM »
Alright guys, I've got an early day tomorrow so I'm done for the night - no post yet because I'm still considering the papers idea along with the flower crowns for a better visual impact.

My two cents - If people wearing the crowns actually stand up to greet the panelists, that will be pretty visually impactful!

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2015, 10:32:06 AM »
Yes.  Let's all stand up and give them a standing ovation both as they come out and at the end of the panel.  They deserve it. 

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2015, 11:56:05 AM »
hahahaha oh wow I did not realize B20 held like 5,000 people. I thought it was like half that. We are really in for it, huh? I guess that just makes it more impressive of a feat if we pull it off!

If we're going to do a standing ovation at the beginning, maybe we could just do the signs then? Then we wouldn't even need to have everyone memorize a cue, just tell everyone the plan and make sure the front few rows lead by example! And make sure we cheer loudly since we can't clap with full hands.
If we wanted to explain to the panelists we wouldn't even really need to get to the mic, just make them a sign with an explanation on the back, and hand it up with the flower crowns for them. For those I'm thinking fake flowers is fine so they can keep them, they just need to look pretty and maybe be themed? For Hugh (blood splatter) and Richard (red for Red Dragon), at least. We could attach little name tags on them as well. (And you know maybe make a nice one to set aside for Mads just in case maybe???)
I am going out today to get some crown supplies. I have never made one before and I'm not very crafty so I have no idea how well it will go, so I'm just going to make mine first. If that turns out okay I'd be happy to do some (maybe not all?) for the panelists and make some more simple extras as well. We need A LOT, so anyone who wants to make some cheap ones or buy in bulk or what have you, please do! I think we could use as many as we can get. I will host a little meet up for crown distribution Friday night so if you're bringing extra you can join me or I can pick them up from you beforehand. And I think it'd be a good idea to pass them out to the B20 line before they get into the room that morning so that all those people in the front will be covered for sure!
5,000 papers is a lot, so I'm going to need some help with that too. I'm thinking maybe Tuesday evening we can take over a nearby printing center? I'll need help with collecting them all up, finding something to keep them in, and getting them back to my hotel. I don't mind keeping them in my room. Oh and probably gonna need help paying for them, too..If they're standard printing/copy price that's 10 cents each page which will total $500. I'm sure there's some way we can get it cheaper, so I'll be researching that, but yeah.. EDIT: Looking right now at an Office Depot near downtown that could print 5000 flyers for $250, and there's a $40 off coupon right now too so $210 total. It's pay online and pick up in the store, we'd probably just need to order at least a few days ahead of time. I'll give the store a call soon. If anybody likes that idea and would like to chip in a little please let me know!
Or to save money we may want to consider encouraging people print and bring their own, and then print about half to supplement? I'm a little weary of that one because I want the pages to look nice and be completely uniform, but I'm not trying to make any of us have to put down a fortune for this.

So right now I'm off to email CCI (done!), start making crowns, and finish up the post so it's ready once we hear back. I'll keep you guys updated!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:56:50 PM by dancetomusic »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2015, 02:52:08 PM »
So the press room just got cancelled :|

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »
So the press room just got cancelled :|

Waah that's lame! Any reason given?

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »
Yeah.  They said it interfered with the blogger party.  Which yes it does.  But we've known that for at least two weeks.  So I'm not entirely sold on that excuse.

Sorry I'm really bitter towards NBC right now.

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2015, 08:00:11 PM »
Yeah.  They said it interfered with the blogger party.  Which yes it does.  But we've known that for at least two weeks.  So I'm not entirely sold on that excuse.

Sorry I'm really bitter towards NBC right now.

Well you are certainly not alone