Author Topic: SDCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 30145 times)

Offline yogikai

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Re: SDCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 07:36:49 PM »
 LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES 
NAME: Kai Charles
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: La Quinta Mission Valley
Days: Weds Check In Sunday Checkout . This is a 2 room Queen Suite. Im sharing the bed with a female friend the front room and pull out bed is for roomates. It fits 2.
Price Per Night: 650.00 for all 4 nights,max 2 people doesnt include parking, taxes around 20 per person

Smoking/Drinking: no smoking drinking ok
Age Preference of Roommates: 21  +
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.") Women or a couple  are fine
Include a brief description about yourself: my friend Jennifer and I are pretty easy we leave early but are quiet. We also come in pretty late but will respect others schedule.
Additional preferences  someone clean and respectful  of others space

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 06:58:06 AM »
Looking for a room share

Name: Anont Chinskul
Hotel: Gaslamp area
Days: Wednesday - Sunday
Price: $100 - $130 a night

Smoking/drinking: non smoker/ non drinker
Space: any room and space accommodation is fine
Gender Preference of Roomate: co-ed
Age Preference of Roomate: 21+
Brief description: This will be my first SDCC, so I'm looking forward to all of the activities and events that'll be going on that weekend. As for myself, I'm a very flexible person, and be glad to help out with anything that may help out anyone with their con experiences.

edited to add by admin alyssa: 
Anont is a great guy & comes with my recommendation as a straight forward trustworthy person.  I believe he's either looking for a roommate& a hotel or a to join someone in their room.
While i hesitate to speak for other members, i believe both [member=1060]DRWHO_42[/member] and [member=1222]mllNY[/member] would also give a recommendation.  Unfortunitly we're all set with long time roommates & can't fit anyone more into our rooms.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:23:34 PM by Zero »
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:37:31 PM »

Offline christhewriter

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »
Im also going to sdcc with 2 friends and we want to share a room as well!  :o

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 12:31:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Im also going to sdcc with 2 friends and we want to share a room as well!  :o

Hi christhewriter, welcome to the forums!  If you and your friends are interested in sharing a room for Comic-Con, please follow the formatting to help others learn about you and your expectations for the room as well as potential roommates.  Others on this forum community may be more willing to contact you for details about sharing a room if you provide some information, as indicated below.

Thank you, and good luck!

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE   or   LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.  I'm a morning person, so I like to wake up early to get ready for the day.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:05:15 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 09:27:27 AM »
Reminder:
As I mentioned in the first post, please post only once in this thread (to be considerate of your fellow forum members and to avoid spamming the thread).  Duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.

Thank you!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 07:39:25 AM »
ROOM RENTAL

Update: Renter found.

Name: Devorah
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Gaslamp Plaza Suites, 520 E. Street San Diego, CA 92101. Located in the Gaslamp district downtown, one block from Horton Plaza Mall, and walking distance to Convention Center.
Days: Sunday 7/17/2016 to Sunday 7/24/2016. These dates cannot be adjusted, however you can choose to arrive later in the week if you wish.
Price Per Night: $357.14/night ($2500 total for the week). Deposit required, please PM me for details.
Smoking/Drinking: No/Within Reason
Spaces: 6 - One bedroom suite, sleeps 6 people (2 queen beds in bedroom, pullout queen sofa in living room).
Mini refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave oven, dinner and silverware in all suites. Complimentary continental breakfast is served daily on our rooftop terrace overlooking beautiful downtown San Diego.

Age Preference of Renters: 21+ for primary renter, families with kids okay
Gender Preference of Renters: Any
Additional preferences for renters: N/A
Include a brief description about yourself: This is my timeshare, and the reservation is currently in my name. Upon booking, we will complete a rental agreement. When I receive your final payment, I will put your name on the reservation as a guest and can forward you the email confirmation from the resort. PM me if you're interested or have any questions, thanks!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:30:00 AM by Devorah »

Offline dtwsig-1

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 06:31:14 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE
Name: dtwsig-1
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: prefer GasLamp district but will accept on the shuttle line w/in 1 mile
Days: Thurs-Sunday
Price Per Night: <150 for my half
Smoking/Drinking: Non smoking
Spaces: max 2 people in room

Preferences and Description:  Will try to get a room from the lottery, if that happens I will have 1 space for FEMALE only.  If not, looking to share a room with 1 other FEMALE.
Age Preference of Roommates: prefer over 30
Gender Preference of Roommates: FEMALE
Include a brief description about yourself:First time to get tix to SDCC.  VERY Excited. Clean and do not want to clean up after anyone else in the room. lol. Respectful non smoker, light drinker.
Additional preferences for roommates: Clean, respectful and honest. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:24:44 PM by Zero »

Offline Arrowgear

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 09:40:42 AM »
Found Room
Looking for room share
Name: Arrowgear/Alex
Hotel: pretty much any of downtown hotels
days: Wednesday-Sunday
Price:N/A
Smoking/Drinking: I do not mind either
Spaces: Including Myself its going to be 4 people all male
Preferences and Description: Tried to get room from lottery but with my high number Doubt I am going to get them, so anyone whose able and willing to host, would appreciate pm
Age Preference of Roommates: 21-23
Gender Preference of Roommates: no preference
Include a brief description about yourself: we are all college students who also work, went to San Diego first time 3 years ago and bringing friends to it for first time after talking about going with them for years
Additional preferences for roommates: anyone who do not mind us being a little loud
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:09:04 PM by Arrowgear »

Offline jontargaryen

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 04:53:32 PM »
IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE
Name: jontargaryen
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Gaslamp: Omni, Bayfront, MMM, Hard Rock, Hilton Gaslamp, Marriott Gaslamp, etc. Have issues with my feet and legs so the less walking the better for me
Days: Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Price Per Night: $325 a night
Smoking/Drinking: No (but don't mind those that do--former smoker here)/Yes
Spaces: just me, 25 year old male

Age Preference of Roommates: doesn't matter

Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.") co-ed is fine

Include a brief description about yourself: 25 years old, will be 26 by the time of the Con. Been going to Comic Con for 11 years. Used to live in San Diego (born and raised) but now live in NYC. Very easy to get along with and very neat. I'm big into TV & movies and that is the focus of my Con. I normally spend most of my time in line for Hall H but do not plan on doing that this year. I like to hit the bars in the Gaslamp at night but nothing crazy. I know San Diego like the back of my hand so I can be a great tour guide. :)

Additional preferences for roommates: I'm not that picky. Prefer to have someone who is a little social but it is not a necessity. I sleep like a rock so snoring isn't an issue. :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:20:10 PM by Zero »

Offline ksquad

• Sails Pavilion
    • kevinhamano.com
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 06:21:13 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: MMM (Marriott Marquis and Marina), Hilton Bayfront, Omni, Horton Plaza, Manchester Grand Hyatt
Days: 7/20-7/24
Price Per Night: up to $500
Smoking/Drinking: Non-smoking, non-drinking
Spaces: 1 room for four friends, including myself.

Preferences and Description: (might not be relevant, but posting just in case)
Age Preference of Roommates: 20-35
Gender Preference of Roommates: Male
Include a brief description about yourself: Cosplayer who's gone to SDCC for the past few years. Marketer from SF by day.
Additional preferences for roommates: LGBT-friendly

One of my friends recommended that I inquire here with this community. I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I'm actually pretty excited to be posting this, regardless of this working out, hahah.

If anyone is interested, I have a Sheraton San Diego Hotel Mission Valley hotel assignment for the same timeframe, 7/20-7/24. Might be something for those who didn't get any option available.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:22:24 PM by ksquad »

Offline IanFin8

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 06:57:36 PM »
IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE
Name: Ian
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown
Days: Wed through Sun, can stay through Monday if that helps
Price Per Night: N/A
Smoking/Drinking: Drinking: Yes (not heavily) / Smoking: No
Spaces: 1 - It will just be me,  Prefer not to share a bed, will pay for that privilege.

Age Preference of Roommates: Doesn't matter
Gender Preference of Roommates: No preference
Include a brief description about yourself: I am 34yrs old, and this will be my 5th year at the con.  I go mostly for panels and the special events around the area.  The last few years I have volunteered at NerdHQ (hoping to again this year if I am selected).  I'm usually out early in the morning and come back late at night, but can be quiet.  Only using the room to store my stuff, minimal sleep, and showers.
Additional preferences for roommates: As long as the room isn't a complete mess or heavily hotboxed, then I am not picky.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:21:09 PM by Zero »

Offline n.mai

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2016, 09:12:45 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE
Name: N.Mai
Area/Name of Hotel: Somewhere in Downtown San Diego
Days: July 20th - July 24 (4 Nights, 5 Days)
Price Per Night: "N/A"
Smoking/Drinking: No Smoking
Spaces: Need room for 3 People

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 07:52:47 PM by Zero »

Offline KoolKoala

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2016, 09:24:09 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE
Name: Rachel
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: MMM, Hilton Bayfront, Hard Rock, Manchester Grand, Omni
Days: Wed-Mon, but willing to do less
Price Per Night: N/A
Smoking/Drinking: I don't smoke, occasionally drink
Spaces: Just me. I can probably bring an air mattress.

Age Preference of Roommates: Don't care
Gender Preference of Roommates: Don't care
Include a brief description about yourself: I am 24 years old, and this is my first year at SDCC. I'm quiet and easy to get along with. I plan on camping out in the Hall H line at least one night.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:04:54 PM by Zero »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2016, 11:41:31 PM »
Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING.

This thread is NOT intended for making hotel requests.  It does not replace the hotel exchange in any way, shape, or form.  Please do not post here if you are looking to trade a hotel reservation or get a hotel reservation giveaway.

If you post in this thread, please be aware that this means you are saying that you WANT roommates at whatever hotel you end up with.  Provide details about yourself.  Include the description and preferences!

(This is the purpose of the thread, after all.  You're giving your consent for others to consider contacting you via PM in the prospects of sharing a room together at Comic-Con 2016.)

We're doing our best to help keep the forums organized for reading and discussing, but we need your help to do this.

Thank you for your understanding!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:49:44 AM by Zero »

Offline lolaswill

• Exhibit Hall
  • =) Feel free to PM me
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 02:49:31 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE
Name: lolaswill
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Any downtown/MMM, Hilton Bayfront, Manchester Grand
Days: Wed-Sun
Price Per Night: Split with occupants
Smoking/Drinking: no/no
Spaces: We are 2 people/1 bed, looking to share with 1-2 other people

Age Preference of Roommates: Any
Gender Preference of Roommates: Any
Include a brief description about yourself: 35/28 years old m/f, our 4th year attending, first year without a hotel. Need a clean, quiet place to shower/nap before going back to Hall H line in the early morning. We can be line buddies or can offer other group perks :). Thanks
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:19:22 PM by lolaswill »