Author Topic: i hope nycc tickets go online in jan 2016, when do you hope for them to go up?  (Read 2592 times)

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
so, when would you like tickets to be sold? and why?

i like just after the holidays, many will not be able to afford any, and they will linger, and i can get those 1-4 tickets i want.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind having it in January, except I live in Southern California and we are forecast to have violent El Nino rainstorms all winter season this year, so if they can push it back to March I would appreciate it.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Andrew, I'm not sure what a rainstorm would have to do with tickets going on sale? Are you worried your power will go out?

• Pre-Registration
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Andrew, I'm not sure what a rainstorm would have to do with tickets going on sale? Are you worried your power will go out?

Yes, in addition to power outages I am also worried about floods and a very remote chance a Eucalyptus tree will fall on our house.   :o  Chances are it won't, but I always get nervous when we get violent rain storms.  When I used to live in Phoenix, every summer is monsoon season and they would give me the creeps.

Currently I'm on the market to sell both my current house and my house in Phoenix to buy a new house in Costa Mesa and I will admit my realtor found it odd that I wanted to wait until spring to do the house-hunt.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:01:05 PM by Andrew Costa Mesa »
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
i know just about everyone in the tristate area knows about, and wants to goto nycc..... about 1-3 weeks before. if they sold tickets 2 weeks before, it would be a worse situation than the sdcc.  as soon as oct rolls around everyone in my office was talking about isnt it time nycc was in town? i kept my sneaky mouth shut.  they will never look into the event in advance. not how 90 percent of people are.

and lets face it, with more time, it makes it easier, with more options for travel and lodging. at least for people who are not from the area.

• Pre-Registration
I agree that 4-5 months in advance isn't soon enough, it should be at least 7.  SDCC sells their badges 8 months in advance.
D23 Expo 2017

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
not to mention selling gold passes first then vip passes was awesome. i always want a gold pass, and people will always hold out to get a mere vip pass, to save money. so it was merely a case of having the money for gold. alas, once vip sells out, people freak out, and then no sum of money is sacred, and the remaining gold passes disappear instantly.

at least this way, people will have to blame themselves more, and reedpop less for not getting tickets. only way to shift blame.  there are not enough tickets for all who want to go. they have to pick customer moral/rage, vs making headlines by selling out fast. and thanks to their schoolteacher based programming for thursday last year, thursday didnt sell out fast. so no benefit at all headline-wise. i noticed this year's thursday's lineup is amazing. and still it could not bribe people to buy those thursday tickets fast. the teacher programming seems to be limited, and on sunday......  with selling out fast just not working out, i can only hope they just give up and go back to a older system. (insert evil supervillain laugh here)

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
not to mention selling gold passes first then vip passes was awesome. i always want a gold pass, and people will always hold out to get a mere vip pass, to save money. so it was merely a case of having the money for gold. alas, once vip sells out, people freak out, and then no sum of money is sacred, and the remaining gold passes disappear instantly.

at least this way, people will have to blame themselves more, and reedpop less for not getting tickets. only way to shift blame.  there are not enough tickets for all who want to go. they have to pick customer moral/rage, vs making headlines by selling out fast. and thanks to their schoolteacher based programming for thursday last year, thursday didnt sell out fast. so no benefit at all headline-wise. i noticed this year's thursday's lineup is amazing. and still it could not bribe people to buy those thursday tickets fast. the teacher programming seems to be limited, and on sunday......  with selling out fast just not working out, i can only hope they just give up and go back to a older system. (insert evil supervillain laugh here)

Their system stinks though.  I got the badges I wanted but after waiting 90 minutes to get through the queue, the site kept crashing.  Also, I was lucky enough to pull the link to get tickets off of their Facebook page and not their website (which was also crashing).  That is kind of unacceptable.  They should know the expected volume and get the proper resources to handle it. 

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
sadly, i have since learned that people are able to rent computers and ip addresses cheaply. they use these to "ram" through. sort of like buying tons of lotto tickets to improve your chances. the more computers, the more computers on their end are needed. as with concert tickets for the last 15 years, this is still a problem. no matter what they do. they only have so many tickets.

1. cannot let more people in. 150,000 is already really too crowded. some are supposed to stay home each day.
2. people were selling fake tickets that were good enough to get them in, and at the last minute. this spoiled people into thinking they could just buy tickets at the door. the new passes killed this 3 years ago. and see number 1.
3. i really only see selling them way in advance as a solution.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Another solution would be to require people to fill out a captcha before they go into the queue room, to filter out bots.

Offline Ultron32

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
Sell them the Monday after comic con every year :P
NYCC 2009-2021

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
require people to fill out a survey? nope.

2 years ago i skipped it. it let me get a speedy edge on those who filled it out.

last year it required the survey. thinking they could slowly wedge it in and net all that valuable information. i just clicked the first choice on each question to speed through it. another unfair edge to me.

offer tickets at the end? nope. still on people's minds. need them to forget it, and then hit them while broke. like after the holidays.