Author Topic: 2013 Press Application is CLOSED - Waiting Room  (Read 18197 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
2013 Press Application is CLOSED - Waiting Room
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:40:15 PM »
Please check your email or visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for details on how to apply. Emails are going out to returning members of the press in batches, please allow 2-4 hours for delivery.

The Comic-Con 2013
Press Application Period
is Now Open!
The Press application period will remain open until December 10, 2012. Please read all of the information below carefully before proceeding to the application process.

TO APPLY AS COMIC-CON 2013 PRESS,
you must first determine your current press category. All press applicants fall into one of two categories: First-Time Applicant or Returning Press. To view your category, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

If you are returning press, your member class will be "press" and your press verification status will be "DUE" or "NOT DUE" (see examples). If you are a first-time press applicant, no press verification status will be displayed.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:14:27 PM by Khaaaaaaanh!!! »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
Re: 2013 Press Application is open
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 07:48:28 PM »
Thanks Alyssa!! Good luck to all applying  :)

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: 2013 Press Application is CLOSED - Waiting Room
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:40:14 PM »

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »
I got the "DUE" verification email, then offered a "me too" in the Comic-Con FB thread about the Press Registration topic after someone else stated they've gone through the verification process for the past 3 years and wondered if their materials went missing.

So I get an email from Press registration saying they couldn't find the article/coverage for Comic-Con 2012 to vet me, so I was placed in "DUE" stack, but if I provided a link to my coverage/article, then they'd consider me for the "NOT DUE" status (just less stuff to submit this time around).  Crossing my fingers they like the link I provided them...

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
Good luck Patman! Keeping fingers crossed. I have no idea how they keep it all straight at CCI re. verification materials and who is due etc. This is the first year they are allowing the verification materials to be submitted via email. I did the screencaps of the places where my photos were used. Still need to scan the magazine where one of my photos from CCI was used. (and trying to track down some more stuff). Hopefully sending out the email next week to CCI. Again good luck to all. Hope CCI's email servers can handle all the emails they will be getting filled with photo attachments (plus the cover sheet and application).  :)

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
I got NOT DUE. Which is good I think! Now to find a room.

Offline Mario_c

• Ballroom 20
  • Comedian, Comic Book Writer, Fashionisto
    • My Links
  • Liked: 53
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »
a friend of mine said that they got their press credentials verified on either thursday or friday. glad to see they are moving quickly on this.

Offline supergood

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 01:57:28 PM »
For blog/podcast press applications, the verification materials needed are 3 of your writing samples/posts and a list of archives showing constant updates.

Does anybody know how we submit these materials if we are emailing our press applications? We have the application forms in PDFs that need to be filled out and sent as file attachments. Do we do the same for the writing samples (Take a screen capture and upload them as file attachments) or do we just link a URL to the actual website in the body of the email? Same for the list of archives. I was a bit confused about how they want the materials.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
a friend of mine said that they got their press credentials verified on either thursday or friday. glad to see they are moving quickly on this.

Did they go through all the hoops from the verification process, or email the links to the coverage from previous Comic-Cons? 

I was flagged by a short facebook comment I made from someone else's post that they had gone through the process for 2012, and wondered why they were not tagged as "Not Due", and the media folks emailed me to say they had no idea where my Comic-Con 2012 coverage was (had they provided a place for us to submit the article link(s), I'd done so earlier), so I provided them with my MemberID, and the link to the article/post about a month ago, even sent in a 2nd inquiry email last week, and still no reply at all.  I'm sure they are now inundated, so I guess I'll go through the verification process once more in the month we have left.  Argh.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 01:41:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For blog/podcast press applications, the verification materials needed are 3 of your writing samples/posts and a list of archives showing constant updates.

Does anybody know how we submit these materials if we are emailing our press applications? We have the application forms in PDFs that need to be filled out and sent as file attachments. Do we do the same for the writing samples (Take a screen capture and upload them as file attachments) or do we just link a URL to the actual website in the body of the email? Same for the list of archives. I was a bit confused about how they want the materials.

Thanks in advance!
I submitted as a freelance photographer and provided the screen captures of my photos, plus scan where photo was published. I scanned the application forms and included in the email. You should be able to attached the screencaps of your articles and the listing of archives in your email. I would also include a link to the articles (in case the screen cap is not easy for them to read). You can always email them your question but they might be slow in replying. Good luck.

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 07:15:45 AM »
Well, never heard back from them (2 emails), so I went ahead and mailed in all the verification materials.  Crossing fingers now.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 09:57:03 AM »
I have heard that they are very busy....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »
Well, it cost me $12 to mail in my materials.  :)  Since I didn't get any email feedback, I was totally afraid to send in PDFs and whatnot through email for the verification process.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 11:51:59 AM »
tracking number? didn't you have problems last year with your packet going missing?
come to think of it,
I should be quite & not jinx things for you

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 08:15:59 PM »
I got a delivery confirmation number, they don't list a person's name for the address, so I didn't know what to do for a returned receipt situation.  Plus it's to a PO box, so I couldn't easily use UPS for Fedex.  Blargh!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 05:04:51 AM »
glad you got delivery confirmation! <grin>