Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration  (Read 24232 times)

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
Re: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 09:35:29 PM »
when did you put in your application?

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 100
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 11:14:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
when did you put in your application?

I don't know the exact date, but it was late July (I printed things out for submission at my hotel in San Diego).

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:03:50 AM »

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
Cool! Thanks.

i put mine in close to the due date... so this means i may have to wait a few more days or weeks.. or maybe i didn't get approved this year at all.... *sigh*

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »
Did anyone applying as an Educator get Pro confirmation yet? I'm anxiously awaiting approval for my app submitted early August. Would be so nice and good for my almost non-existent bank account to not have to deal with the madness of buying my tix for Comic Con.  :-X

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 06:29:28 AM »
Did anyone applying as an Educator get Pro confirmation yet? I'm anxiously awaiting approval for my app submitted early August. Would be so nice and good for my almost non-existent bank account to not have to deal with the madness of buying my tix for Comic Con.  :-X

Yes, I applied as an educator (I'm an art teacher) and got my confirmation e-mail. I applied late July.

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2018, 01:38:40 AM »

Have you heard anything yet>?

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2018, 01:01:55 PM »
Have you heard anything yet>?

Nope. :( I’ll try tomorrow. If it’s the worst case scenario that I don’t get tickets -and- I don’t get pro status, I’ll volunteer (I’m on the pre-approved voluneer list).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:12:23 PM by tremendo »

Offline D34dp00l

• Supporter
  • Freebie Table
  • All Your Base Are Belong to Us...
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2018, 07:53:42 PM »
Good luck tomorrow !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 07:18:14 AM »
Those of you being approved this year, mind sharing what you do/applied as? I am curious to see how strict they are being with most Pros working in comics now. Selfish reasons, I am a Pro in television, but was approved last year so I am good for another 2, just wanna feel out my chances in 2021 LOL
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 07:29:34 AM »
Those of you being approved this year, mind sharing what you do/applied as? I am curious to see how strict they are being with most Pros working in comics now. Selfish reasons, I am a Pro in television, but was approved last year so I am good for another 2, just wanna feel out my chances in 2021 LOL

I'm an art teacher. I applied as an educator.

Offline abckid

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2018, 08:17:50 AM »
Looks like they sent out another round yesterday, me and my bro got approved!  I snail mailed my application in early August.

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2018, 11:49:12 AM »
Just got my “pro status approved” email! I emailed my app (Educator) 8/5. Got a friend who submitted after me, but received his approved email last week. Was fearing the worst for a while. PHEWWW.

On to the next part, what’s pro registration like? Same as regular registration, but with far less people, and less tickets available? Any Pros not able to get through registration process because badges have run out?

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2018, 03:39:53 PM »
Just got my “pro status approved” email! I emailed my app (Educator) 8/5. Got a friend who submitted after me, but received his approved email last week. Was fearing the worst for a while. PHEWWW.

On to the next part, what’s pro registration like? Same as regular registration, but with far less people, and less tickets available? Any Pros not able to get through registration process because badges have run out?

Yes, I also need answers to these questions.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2018, 04:03:46 PM »
Here's the email I got last year.  Not sure what might change.  Totally non-stressful to get a badge.  Guest badges can add a little stress, especially the complimentary ones which run out fast.

Comic-Con 2018 creative professional badge registration will begin at 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Wednesday, October 11, 2017!

All “NOT DUE” creative professionals are guaranteed a badge for Comic-Con 2018, but you must register online during the professional registration period.  There are two options to register.

If you do not intend to register for a complimentary guest of professional badge, you do not need to participate in the Expo Logic waiting room process. You may wait until 11:05 AM PDT on October 11, 2017 to register.  At 11:05 AM PDT visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and you will find a direct link to the professional badge registration system.

The professional online registration system will close on April 12, 2018, so please be sure to register before that date. Your Comic-Con 2018 professional badge is guaranteed until April 12. There will be no onsite registration.

If you wish to register for a limited complimentary guest of professional badge, you must enter the Expo Logic waiting room prior to 10:00 AM PDT on October 11, 2017. To access the waiting room, click the waiting room link below and enter your professional access code. The waiting room will open for access code entry at 9:00 AM PDT on October 11, 2017.  You must enter the waiting room prior to 10:00 AM PDT.  All professionals in the Expo Logic waiting room prior to 10:00 AM PDT will be randomly selected for a registration session. Admittance to the waiting room does not guarantee a guest badge.

As a reminder, all guests of professionals, paid or complimentary, will require a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. Member IDs are free and you only need to register once! To sign up for a Member ID, please visit: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

To register a guest or purchase a guest badge, you must have their Member ID and last name.  You will not be able to add a guest’s Member ID at a later date. You must enter their information during the online registration process.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2018, 12:39:42 PM »
It looks like they are running late this year - I hope pro-reg is before Open Reg like last year so that those that can't get Pro or Pro guest badges can still try for Open Reg.