Author Topic: Fifty-second video of Hasbro fracas during Preview Night.  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
Fifty-second video of Hasbro fracas during Preview Night.
« on: July 15, 2015, 06:16:59 PM »
Fifty-second video of the Hasbro fracas during Preview Night at San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday, July 8, 2015.  It's a little hard to see in the video, but there was quite a bit of a verbal scuffle between attendees and Hasbro reps when I was there.  Basically the attendees swarmed the Hasbro booth and were disappointed to be told all the tickets for the day are gone.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:38:43 PM by Andrew Costa Mesa »
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
Re: Fifty-second video of Hasbro fracas during Preview Night.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 05:52:18 AM »
I didn't even try Hasbro on Preview night.   So they did tickets?   Anyone know where they lined up for that?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:45:23 PM »

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 08:35:01 AM »
Many people ran to the wall where they had the line last year, but then they said you cant be in line unless you go to the booth and get a voucher.

so people ran to the booth and there were already 100+ people there in "line" for a voucher. as they let people have a voucher they went right into the booth line.
once the booth line filled up, they yelled at everyone to step back so they can clear a path for people to get their vouchers and head to the back wall.

people were trying to push me out of the way to cut in front of me, but i wouldnt let them. (rude people i tell ya).

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 12:29:01 PM »
This was a video I took on SDCC's Preview around 6pm shortly after the doors open. In previous preview nights, they didn't hand out tickets that gave you the ability to buy the exclusives, but this year they did. I was in line and then found out a ticket was needed and everyone rushed to where the tickets were being handed out. You'll notice that people are holding up their badges to prove they are not retailers/vendors who had the advantage of being inside the con floor before the doors open.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »
There has got to be a better way to do this. I heard a couple of people in line were assaulted and someone had one of their purchases ripped out of their hands and stolen.

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:20 PM »
I very much doubt that could happen because once you're in line at the Marvel booth you're within a pretty secure perimeter as there are security personnel posted at the entry and exist of the booth and a couple other security guys on the other ends of the perimeter.  Of all the years I've attended SDCC I've never personally witness a physical altercation for anything.  It's like a doorbuster Black Friday sale, but I don't recall seeing attendees assaulting each other.  Typically, most of the confrontations are between attendees and the security personnel or the person running the booth, which are just verbal.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 11:31:33 AM »
I hope you're right! I don't remember what article I was reading but if I can find it I'll link it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 11:42:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 11:45:36 AM »
Quote from: [i]Jeremy Konrad[/i]
At the Hasbro booth, a generous man (who also had eight of the figure, but whatever) offered to sell me one for $30, only five dollars over retail. Excitedly, I took out my con money to pay him, and while doing so, a small man reached into my hand and stole $100 right out of it and disappeared into the throng of chaos surrounding the yet again mishandled Hasbro booth

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 12:57:49 PM »
I feel like the convention center is big enough that they could have everyone who wants Hasbro line up in a different area for tickets on preview night.  Then when the floor opens they hand out the tickets in a orderly fashion and those people head to the floor. 
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Quote from: [i]Jeremy Konrad[/i]
At the Hasbro booth, a generous man (who also had eight of the figure, but whatever) offered to sell me one for $30, only five dollars over retail. Excitedly, I took out my con money to pay him, and while doing so, a small man reached into my hand and stole $100 right out of it and disappeared into the throng of chaos surrounding the yet again mishandled Hasbro booth
I was not at all happy to hear about this. Shame the thief was not caught. That person deserves a lifetime ban.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog