Author Topic: Saturday Hall H starting at 11:30 instead of 10. Possible surprise panel?  (Read 4532 times)

Offline penman

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
So usually Saturday Hall H starts at 10 and all other rooms and other days seem to be starting at 10 or 10:30, but yet this year it is starting at 11:30. Seems late to start Hall H. Does anyone think there may be something before it? Just making a guess but who knows!
SDCC - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish
Conan - 2017, 2019
Funko Fundays - Not yet. Still trying!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
Doubt there will be something secret, but they may be waiting on some confirmation or something and they'll add in an extra panel later. They'd definitely done that in the past, though I don't know if they've done it in Hall H.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
I'm surprised there's no 'independent film' type presentation, like there usually is in Hall H. Maybe they'll do something like that?

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
The last time I did Saturday Hall H in 2014, it was the same thing. It was WB first and it didn't start until 11:30 (or maybe 11? anyway it felt super late). There was nothing before it. I think WB just likes to be first AND likes to start late for whatever reason.

It's really annoying though, since you basically have to sleep outside and then just wait in the hall for ~3 hours while nothing happens.

Offline penman

• Exhibit Hall
The last time I did Saturday Hall H in 2014, it was the same thing. It was WB first and it didn't start until 11:30 (or maybe 11? anyway it felt super late). There was nothing before it. I think WB just likes to be first AND likes to start late for whatever reason.

It's really annoying though, since you basically have to sleep outside and then just wait in the hall for ~3 hours while nothing happens.

I know for positive last year was at 10 or so. I guess we will find out sooooon!!!!!
Conan - 2017, 2019

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
Wow, I just checked the hall of records, and I was completely wrong. Saturday Hall H started at 10AM in 2014 and 10:30AM in 2015.

If 10AM felt super late to me in 2014, 11:30AM is going to feel like FOREVER. Now I do wonder if there will be a last minute panel. Or do they just expect 6,000 people to just sit and wait for 3 hours? On top of the overnight they've already been waiting?  >:(

Offline penman

• Exhibit Hall
Wow, I just checked the hall of records, and I was completely wrong. Saturday Hall H started at 10AM in 2014 and 10:30AM in 2015.

If 10AM felt super late to me in 2014, 11:30AM is going to feel like FOREVER. Now I do wonder if there will be a last minute panel. Or do they just expect 6,000 people to just sit and wait for 3 hours? On top of the overnight they've already been waiting?  >:(

I thought it was at 10 in 2014, but I wasn't in it so I didn't want to call you out on it lol But yea...this 11:30 am business is very curious to me.
Conan - 2017, 2019

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
You are not alone in thinking this is very weird.  I wonder if they'll let us in around the same time or will start loading us later in the day?  That's a long time to just sit there and do nothing.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
I've never seen that before on a Saturday, but I've seen late starts on Thursday in Hall H or B20.  I remember one year they didn't start B20 until noon and really did make people sit there all morning just waiting.

Offline penman

• Exhibit Hall
That would be weird to just make us wait. As someone stated above about the late panel to announce, I remember seeing a bunch of confirmations from the cast of Power Rangers and Lionsgate about being at the convention, yet they have no panels. I'd be down if they squeezed that in before WB.
Conan - 2017, 2019

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Do you think Power Rangers is big enough to warrant Hall H? Ha, don't get mad. Not belittling the show at all, but I actually have no idea how to gauge the fandom size.  Most people I know are more passive about their nostalgia for the show.  But I could just be hanging out in the wrong parts of the Internet.  I wouldn't have thought Alien would get Hall H either but... Siggy I guess could fill a room.  Hail Siggy.

Edit: Siggy= Sigourney Weaver.  I've been calling her that since I was about 5 and I can't stop.  I was born the same year it came out.  Ironically on the day of the panel. So their 30th anniversary panel is on the 30th anniversary of me coming into the world.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:43:15 PM by Angel_K »

Offline penman

• Exhibit Hall
Do you think Power Rangers is big enough to warrant Hall H? Ha, don't get mad. Not belittling the show at all, but I actually have no idea how to gauge the fandom size.  Most people I know are more passive about their nostalgia for the show.  But I could just be hanging out in the wrong parts of the Internet.  I wouldn't have thought Alien would get Hall H either but... Siggy I guess could fill a room.  Hail Siggy.

Edit: Siggy= Sigourney Weaver.  I've been calling her that since I was about 5 and I can't stop.  I was born the same year it came out.  Ironically on the day of the panel. So their 30th anniversary panel is on the 30th anniversary of me coming into the world.

Not mad at all. I really don't think it warrants Hall H either, but as a nostalgic fan of Power Rangers, I would love for it to be there! Just wishful thinking and throwing out ideas.

Also Happy 30th Aliens birthday! I was born August 22nd of that year so I just missed it!
Conan - 2017, 2019

Offline KoolKoala

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
I just think it'd be kinda weird if they kept a Power Ranger panel a surprise. I'd think if there was a surprise panel it'd be something huge. But who knows.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
I think it'd be more likely that something small would go there rather than something huge. If they put something surprising and huge in there first, WB would be super pissed off, I'd imagine.

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
I think it'd be more likely that something small would go there rather than something huge. If they put something surprising and huge in there first, WB would be super pissed off, I'd imagine.

In the past, haven't they showed "shorts" or some other kind of animation during that first hour or so?