Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Cosplay Plans/Progress  (Read 18270 times)

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
SDCC 2017 Cosplay Plans/Progress
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »
Okay folks! We're almost 2 months away from SDCC 2K17, which means 2 more months of cosplay prep! What's your lineup for this year? Have you started making it or are you procrastinating? Are you looking forward to wearing it or is the threat of having a possibly humid Comic-Con (like last year) giving you second thoughts?

I'm pretty much having a Marvel lineup this year - Spiderman and Ant-Man. I'll be doing Spiderman's homemade outfit, as seen in the upcoming movie, however I'm mostly concerned with the heat since his homemade costume involves wearing sweats. I still need to drill holes on the face shell so that I can breathe better under the mask and I need to glue on the goggles but other than that, I think I'm good to go.

My Ant-Man cosplay is probably my favorite this year since it's somewhat of a joke cosplay. I'll be wearing the Ant-Man helmet along with a Baskin Robbins uniform. I'm still debating if I want to carry a sign that says "Baskin Robbins always finds out" or if I should just carry an empty pint of Baskin Robbins ice cream. Feel free to make suggestions on what I should do! :)

What is everyone dressing up as?

TravT77

Re: SDCC 2017 Cosplay Plans/Progress
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:51:20 PM »
Well, I have an idea, but not sure if I'm brave enough to cosplay my first time at SDCC. I've been toying with a "Black Knightrider" mashup (Monty meets Micheal Knight) I've purchased the supplies but haven't had time to work on it yet. And, yes the weather does have me questioning a knights helmet and crocheted "chainmail"

Love the BR uniform and sign idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:40:10 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:28:58 AM »
I put together a WestWorld costume over the winter and I tried it out at a couple of spring cons. I plan to wear it to SDCC, now that it's been through the warmup paces!

Offline superkatchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 129
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 07:24:19 AM »
I like to do "everyday" cosplay and pick outfits that look like characters but can pass for "normie" clothes also! Last year I dressed as Jack Burton from Big Trouble little China, which is a tank top/jeans/boots, and I made an orange jumpsuit for a prisoner from the comic Bi#@h Planet. Most of the cosplays I wear to local cons are on the hot side anyway I've never brought any to SDCC. This will be my 6th year in San Diego and I would really like to wear a "full" cosplay at least one day! I have a Lord Beerus from Dragon Ball Super that I have worn to local cons and am extremely happy with but it involves a zentai suit and rubber mask so still on the fence!

Offline everlastingwhy

• Exhibit Hall
  • TV nerd + GIFmaker
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 07:30:23 AM »
Was looking endlessly for something I could wear in the heat of SD that I could pull off and settled on Queenie from Fantastic Beasts - have two different dresses for her and just have to figure out how to do her hair (mine's already curly but not quite as short)

Offline ion2814

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 12:55:47 PM »
I'll be going as green arrow from
The show.

It's
My first time
Cosplaying ever. Super excited!

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »
AW SNAP! First part of my cosplay arrived yesterday :)
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »
DH is bringing the custom made Legion tracksuit that he had made. He wore it in Houston, and it was so comfortable, he says he will wear it every con! I don't do elaborate cosplays, and I don't have luggage room to do much at SDCC, so I don't know that I will do anything this year (except I may put together a Legion tracksuit). I do a lot of the "everyday cosplay" type outfits.

Although-I have a lab coat, safety glasses, and a Liv Moore ID badge....
Ang

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 04:15:43 PM »
I decided to buy the pants component of one of my costumes instead of making them... and the fit is spectacularly horrible. I'll probably spend as much time fixing them as I would have just making them from scratch. Oh well. One step forward, two steps back...

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 07:14:48 PM »
I finally finished Peter Parker's homemade Spiderman costume!

Here's hoping that I don't get a heatstroke under that mask

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 07:20:29 PM »
You look terrific, [member=1908]jazzyj[/member]  !

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 07:26:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You look terrific, [member=1908]jazzyj[/member]  !

Thanks [member=314]Transmute Jun[/member] ! :)

It was hard to find a good reference pic but in the end I based it off of the Hot Toy model since they're usually pretty accurate. I can't wait to wear this around in SDCC and take a pic by the Marvel booth!

Offline Malis

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »
I'm hoping to find a Disney Princess group to hang out with as the costume I am currently working on is a Princess Merida variant.

My other is an updated version of my TameLady Ms. Frizzle!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 06:53:21 AM »
That's a fantastic costume [member=7226]Malis[/member] ! Very creative! I especially like the school bus bag..

Offline everlastingwhy

• Exhibit Hall
  • TV nerd + GIFmaker
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 07:09:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
DH is bringing the custom made Legion tracksuit that he had made. He wore it in Houston, and it was so comfortable, he says he will wear it every con! I don't do elaborate cosplays, and I don't have luggage room to do much at SDCC, so I don't know that I will do anything this year (except I may put together a Legion tracksuit). I do a lot of the "everyday cosplay" type outfits.

Although-I have a lab coat, safety glasses, and a Liv Moore ID badge....

Where did your husband get the Legion tracksuit custom made? I tried looking for that but couldn't find anything besides some jackets and pants that closely match color/style and then add some yellow tape, etc.