Author Topic: Wrist Bands 2015, how they will work  (Read 7384 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Wrist Bands 2015, how they will work
« on: June 30, 2015, 10:31:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

#23 Return of the Hall H Toucan Tracker Wristbands!
Comic-Con International 2015 Toucan Tip of the Day
Planning on Waiting in line for Hall H? We have good news! To help you manage your valuable time at Comic-Con and to discourage line cutting, the Toucan Tracker wristbands will be returning to Hall H for 2015!

Toucan Tracker wristbands give attendees flexibility based upon their priorities at Comic-Con. If you wish to get a front section seat in Hall H, you are welcome to wait in line overnight once you receive your wristband. If seat placement is not a priority to you, wristbands allow you to reserve general seating in Hall H and come back in the morning. Toucan Trackers are essentially a way for you to know that you have a seat in Hall H, whether you are physically in line or not!

So How Do They Work?
Toucan Tracker wristbands will be given out the night before each Hall H panel. For example, Saturday wristbands will be given out on Friday night. Once you receive your wristband, you have three options:

1. You may immediately line up for the following day’s first panel in Hall H.

2. You may leave someone to hold your place in line, and return before 7:30 AM to meet them. You will be allowed to join them in line as long as you have your wristband. Please keep in mind that all members of your group will need to get your wristbands at the same time, so plan accordingly.

3. You may leave, get a good night’s rest, and return to the end of the wristband line before 7:30 AM. Please keep in mind that you must be there before 7:30 AM.

If you decide to leave the line at any point, you may return to the end of the wristband line prior to 7:30 AM and still gain entry to the first panel of the day in Hall H. You do not need to wait overnight! If you return after 7:30 AM, you will have to go to the end of the Hall H line and will not receive priority seating.

Hall H Next Day Line
And Where Do You Get These Fabulous Wristbands?
Toucan Tracker wristbands will be distributed at the front of the Next Day Line (NDL) for Hall H. Distribution times vary by day. Click on the map to the left for the location of the NDL.

You will need your Comic-Con 2015 badge or your barcode confirmation to receive a wristband. Please note that IDs will be checked, and the name on your photo ID must match the barcode confirmation.

Distribution Dates/Times
- Wednesday, July 8: Wristband distribution for Thursday panels in Hall H will begin at 10:00 PM in the general Hall H line in Plaza Park.

- Thursday, July 9: Wristband distribution for Friday panels in Hall H will begin at 8:30 PM at the front of the NDL.

- Friday, July 10: Wristband distribution for Saturday panels in Hall H will begin at 9:45 PM at the front of the NDL.

- Saturday, July 11: Wristband distribution for Sunday panels in Hall H will begin at 11:00 PM at the front of the NDL.

Please Note: Wristband distribution will continue throughout the night until all wristbands are distributed or until 7:30 AM the following day.

Remember, you do not need to wait in line overnight to receive priority seating. Your wristband ensures priority seating for the first panel of the day in Hall H. You are welcome to have someone hold your place in line or simply return to the end of the wristband line prior to 7:30 AM.

Wristbands will only be used for the first panel of Hall H. Once the wristband line has been let into the hall, attendees in line without wristbands will be let in as long as seats are available.

The Fine Print
Wristbands are issued such that the wristband holder will have priority seating for Hall H. We anticipate that all holders of wristbands will be able to get seating for Hall H if you follow the guidelines above. Comic-Con reserves the right to refuse entry to any person for any reason.

Wristbands cannot be traded or sold. By receiving a wristband, you agree not to sell, trade, transfer or share your wristband. In the event that San Diego Comic Convention/Comic-Con International (SDCC) determines that you have violated this policy, SDCC has the right to cancel your badge(s) and keep any money paid by you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the wristband for?
Wristbands give you priority seating and ensure that people are not cutting in line. Previously, you could be number 100 in line when you went to bed that evening, and find yourself number 500 in line due to people in front of you holding spots for their friends. They also allow you to skip the overnight wait if seat placement is not a priority.

What does it do?
It shows our Line Management team-and you-that you are one of the people who will be admitted to Hall H for the first panel of the day. They also have the awesome benefit of showing Comic-Con where to place signs marking each quarter of the line. These signs will help you by giving you a visual marker of just how much of Hall H needs to empty in order for you gain entry! In other words, if you're waiting in line for a panel later in the day and you see a sign that says 75% of the room would need to leave, you will be able to judge whether or not waiting in line is worth it for you, or if you should spend your valuable time elsewhere!

Can I leave the line and come back? Does it hold my place in line?
Wristbands do not hold your place in line. If you leave the line, make sure someone in your group remains to hold your spot or you will lose it. You must return to your group prior to 7:30 AM or you will be sent to the back of the entire Hall H line, even if you have a wristband.

If I have a wristband, decide not to wait overnight, and do not have a friend hold my spot, will I still get in to the first panel?
Yes! As long as you return prior to 7:30 AM you will receive priority seating. You will however, be at the end of the wristband line.

What about the disabled seating line?
We're glad you asked! The disabled seating line will also have wristbands. All the same directions and procedures for Hall H will apply to the disabled seating line, including distribution times. The NDL for disabled seating will form behind the current day’s line for disabled seating. Disabled seating wristbands will only be distributed to attendees with a disabled seating sticker and their attendant with a hangtag.

What about my children?
Your child must be with you when you receive your wristband. Once they have a wristband, they may leave and you can save them a spot in line, but they must be present when you get your wristband.

If all wristbands are distributed, what does that mean for me?
If you don't have a wristband, you probably won’t get into the first panel of the day. That doesn't mean it's impossible, though! The great thing about wristbands is you can see exactly how far you are from the last attendee with a wristband and decide if you want to wait or not.

Am I guaranteed a seat in Hall H if I have a wristband?
Wristbands are issued such that the wristband holder will have priority seating for Hall H. We anticipate that all holders of wristbands will be able to get seating for Hall H if you follow the guidelines above. Comic-Con reserves the right to refuse entry to any person for any reason.

Can I give my wristband to someone else if I change my mind about going into the panel?
No. While we appreciate your willingness to share, we ask that you do not give away your wristbands to allow those who have spent the time waiting in line the chance to enter.

My friend is coming later to stand in line with me. Can I get an additional wristband?
To keep things as fair as possible, wristbands will only be given to those people present in line, while supplies last. Anyone who comes later will have to go to the back of the line. One wristband per person.

How does saving a spot in line work?
The NDL will be grouped in “color zones”. For example, if all of your group gets a red wristband, you may hold a place for them in line overnight and they may return to meet you in the same spot before 7:30 AM. However, if your group is not all together at the time of distribution, you may get a red wristband and your other friends get a blue wristband. They will only be allowed to line up in the blue section and may not join you in the red section. Simply put, if you want your group to enter the hall together, make sure you all get your wristbands at the same time.

Can I get into the first panel of the day in Hall H without a wristband?
We want as many people to enjoy the panels as possible, so if everyone with wristbands has entered Hall H and there are still seats remaining, attendees in line without wristbands will be let in as long as seats are available.

I have more questions, what should I do?
We're always happy to answer any questions that may arise! If you have additional questions before the event, feel free to send an email to [email protected]. Otherwise, just ask any of the Hall H Line staff in the light green shirts.

- See more at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:40:32 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
Re: Wrist Bands 2015, how they will work
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:33:57 AM »
I loved the new rules, the option to get back to your hotel and come back in the morning. Except that now the time I was planning on getting in line probably is not good enough anymore, but oh, well...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:44:11 PM »

Offline lolwatsyk

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »
I'm worried they didn't say what times people are allowed to start lining up in the NDL, though that's probably for the best. It prevents a mad dash but it doesn't stop the line from being capped at say 2pm, it seems. Think they will add any measures to discourage loitering there until night comes?

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 11:46:18 AM »
I don't see how they can stop someone from leaving after getting their wristband and just blending in with the group color they are in later in the day even if none of their group stays there. This could be an issue.

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
I don't see how they can stop someone from leaving after getting their wristband and just blending in with the group color they are in later in the day even if none of their group stays there. This could be an issue.

Of course people will always try and cut in line, and some will manage to do that, but normally the people in the actual line are not ok with it, I've seen people report it (like saying to staff "hey, these 2 guys behind me were not in line, they just cut it") and then they will be taken out.

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 12:20:52 PM »
So basically, I have to line up in order to line up. Only at SDCC!

But really, the NDL is going to be a mad house. I predict what will happen last year, which is an unofficial line forming at the NDL, but security attempting to notify the crowd to disperse, which will be all for naught because there's no way that a few security guards are going to overcome hundreds of people. I wonder when the NDL will unofficially begin forming. Hmmm....
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »
So basically, I have to line up in order to line up. Only at SDCC!

But really, the NDL is going to be a mad house. I predict what will happen last year, which is an unofficial line forming at the NDL, but security attempting to notify the crowd to disperse, which will be all for naught because there's no way that a few security guards are going to overcome hundreds of people. I wonder when the NDL will unofficially begin forming. Hmmm....

It's just so crazy, maybe CCI can be the first place that creates wristbands for the unofficial line to get in line for the actual wristbands... no matter what you come up with there will always be a line of people waiting to do that in order to get in the official line, it's an endless loop. Hall "H" is so much fun!

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 01:23:44 PM »
This sounds like a great deal to me. I don't care where I sit in Hall H, given I'm in the section I waited for a few hours the day before. Being able to know the night before whether or not Hall H is happening and being able to sleep peacefully in my bed is wonderful

See I say this now, but that'll all change if suddenly the lines for the next day are at capacity by noon. I hope they'll at least have a sign out if the line looks like it's capped

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 01:28:11 PM »
I predict what will happen last year, which is an unofficial line forming at the NDL, but security attempting to notify the crowd to disperse, which will be all for naught because there's no way that a few security guards are going to overcome hundreds of people. I wonder when the NDL will unofficially begin forming. Hmmm....

Actually, I think this is just what they will do. They were doing it on Thursday afternoon last year. You've seen them do it on the Exhibit Floor. They'll break up unofficial lines. It won't stop people from hovering, but this time, the guards can be in the *place* people want to line up. IIRC, the reason the unofficial Saturday line started so early last year was because it was across the street, where the security guards were not patrolling. But the security guards know exactly where to be to break up lines this year.

JMHO

Offline black350

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 02:18:28 PM »
If there are too many people it might be hard to break up the lines though.  There might be hundreds of people pretty early so I hope the security is well prepared.

Offline Laminas92675

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 07:07:10 PM »
Why don't they just number the wristbands and have everyone come back in that order in the morning then no one has to camp out and we can all get a good nights sleep.  They've done it before for some movie premieres.

Offline Robbiealpz

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 08:02:51 PM »
I was thinking the same. This is 2015, why can't they just scan your con badge when they hand out the wristband. That way your wristband and comic con ID badge are linked and have the wristband have a numbered place in line. That way people can truly leave after they are handed out and just come back in the morning.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 09:49:19 PM »
This sounds like a great deal to me. I don't care where I sit in Hall H, given I'm in the section I waited for a few hours the day before. Being able to know the night before whether or not Hall H is happening and being able to sleep peacefully in my bed is wonderful

See I say this now, but that'll all change if suddenly the lines for the next day are at capacity by noon. I hope they'll at least have a sign out if the line looks like it's capped

That's the only but that worries me. You can't just wander over a few hours before they start handing out wristbands. The line could be capped well before then? How can you judge that?