Author Topic: Third Annual Nerd HQ Returns To San Diego July 18-21, Finds New Home At Petco Pa  (Read 64570 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: NerdHQ back for 2013!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 05:40:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Welcome to the forum!  Thanks for posting you're links, very informative.

I do have a question, I attempted to buy a ticket to something last year. I forget which show.  IIRC, I logged on but the site seemed to be be dead.  Was that the 'snag in ticketing' issue you wrote about?

I do remember the website going down. I think at one point they might have taken it down in order to try and fix the problem.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 05:44:26 AM »
ahh, thx  I'll be more diligent if I decided to go next year.

I don't know why I bother thinking I'll get out of the Con & check out the happenings around the con. I poke my head out, cringe at the brightness & scurry bank to the floor.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 05:46:12 AM »
It can be a REAL time saver though since there's no waiting for hours in a room or long line to see a panel.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 07:00:36 AM »
Where is NerdHQ located?

And also, where do they announce the panels and where do you pay? Online? Should I follow them on twitter?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 07:08:06 AM »
The location for this year hasn't been announced yet and YES, you should follow @TheNerdMachine on Twitter. That's where they announce all the news. Yes, you pay online.

Offline Jeff

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
I do have a question, I attempted to buy a ticket to something last year. I forget which show.  IIRC, I logged on but the site seemed to be be dead.  Was that the 'snag in ticketing' issue you wrote about?
One of the issues was, I got a ticket for the Nathan Fillion panel(sold out almost instantly) got email confirmation and everything.  They emailed me later along with some others saying that the system over booked and it sold too many ticket and they would try and get Nathan to do another panel to help accommodate the extra people.  It took a few days to confirm, but he did do another panel so I was able to attend the additional panel.  So cheers to them for making that work out for us fans.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »
Thanks for the info! I remember the issues they had with tickets last year and yes seems that everything sold out instantly (and the big issues if you did get in). Sounds like a lot of fun and might try for tickets this year. I like the idea of having an assigned seat and no long line ups (and not having any idea where you wind up sitting).

Chuck

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 02:11:39 PM »
Thank you very much for the links, Angie. Very useful. I would die for a Chuck panel. Chances aren't good for another one I assume...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:27:37 AM by Chuck »

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  Thanks for posting you're links, very informative.

I'm not sure what the exact issue was, but they had to take the site down a few times to try to fix the ticket buying issue. That may have been what you ran into. I'm hoping this year they stagger the sales, which is what they ended up doing after the first on sale.

Where is NerdHQ located?

And also, where do they announce the panels and where do you pay? Online? Should I follow them on twitter?

Definitely follow @thenerdmachine and @zacharylevi for updates. I remember last year Dave (one of Zac's partners in TNM) saying that they are most likely going with the same venue. It was at the Culy Warehouse on 7th between J and K street.

Thank you SO much those links, Angie! They really helped to clear up a lot of confusion I had over the ticketing process.

Unfortunately, judging by how tickets were announced/sold last year, I am worried about not being able to score any since I am flying to the US at least a week before SDCC and may not have ready access to mobile Internet. Oh well, fingers crossed!!

If you don't have internet access I don't know if theres any way to get tickets. However, there were some panels that were announced during SDCC and on sale on site at HQ.

Thank you very much for the links, Angie. Very useful. I would die for Chuck panel. Chances aren't good for another one I assume...

I wouldn't say the chances are horrible. The Chuck panel(s) last year were the most popular. It's all going to depend on the casts' schedule, and which of them are in town for SDCC. At the very least, Zac always does a solo panel which usually has a fair amount of Chuck questions/stories.

I was there most of the time last year and the year before, so I have a fair amount of exposure to how things worked. Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 03:32:38 PM »
I had someone tell me that the location from last year is being worked on so they might be in a new spot.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »
I had someone tell me that the location from last year is being worked on so they might be in a new spot.

It's totally possible. I think it's just too early to tell. They could even go back to Jolt n Joe's from the first year.

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
NerdHQ back for 2013!
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 04:46:34 AM »

Is it just me, or am I reading that a s**t ton of work is being down around downtown SD right about now? Hope it's all squirrelled away by the time the bedlam of the Con arrives...

You let The Man get you down, The Man wins - I say, Damn The Man.
"I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 12:22:47 PM »
I can't see the city of San Diego planning to have things closed or being worked on when SDCC hits. This is a huge money maker for them, so it's possible they are doing work now to get it done before July. Like I said, I guess we'll see!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 12:51:04 PM »
They've had work going on during the Con before. It took years for that walkway from the Hilton to Petco to be built!

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 02:37:42 PM »

Volunteer registration for NERD HQ is now open!!!

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?