Author Topic: 2017 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives  (Read 30522 times)

Offline kohyuta

• Ballroom 20
  • Be water, my friend.
    • World Gone Geek
  • Liked: 226
Re: 2017 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »
I'm usually lukewarm on the Hasbro Star Wars SDCC exclusives, but this year the landspeeder is calling my name, especially since the paint deco is more accurate. We'll see, there's still time for even more announcements!
-----
Be Water, My Friend

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 03:49:21 PM »
Hasbro has mentioned recently that they are not having specific show stickers, like SDCC or Celebration and rather it is just a convention exclusive that will also be available at HTS after the show.

Also Hasbro has not been to NYCC with exclusives since either 2010 or 2011.

I'm expecting a last Jedi figure announced last minute for SDCC, plus we are still waiting on Marvel, Transformers (probably Trypticon but maybe a smaller one like normal), My Little Pony, Magic, and more
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 05:38:07 AM »

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 09:40:47 AM »
Be careful with Hasbro on Preview Night, as my friends and were one of the first one on the convention floor when the general admission folks (non-vendors) when the doors opened and we got into the Hasbro line around their booth only to learn we needed a ticket to purchase.   It was the first time that Hasbro did the ticket thing on Preview Night and since they were all given out when we learned this we were out of luck.    So be aware of the Hasbro ticket and good luck on the exclusive hunting.

For now, the only thing I would want is the Thor set from Hasbro.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 09:52:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Be careful with Hasbro on Preview Night, as my friends and were one of the first one on the convention floor when the general admission folks (non-vendors) when the doors opened and we got into the Hasbro line around their booth only to learn we needed a ticket to purchase.   It was the first time that Hasbro did the ticket thing on Preview Night and since they were all given out when we learned this we were out of luck.    So be aware of the Hasbro ticket and good luck on the exclusive hunting.

For now, the only thing I would want is the Thor set from Hasbro.

Yeah, I heard Hasbro was kind of just randomly handing them out to people as they came in? Most people know not to even bother with Hasbro on PN.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 10:09:02 AM »
Hasbro was handing out the tickets at the entrance to their booth.   When the crowd heard about this on Preview Night, there was a mad rush to snag a ticket.

Here's a YouTube video that I shot of the crowd that rush Hasbro in hope of getting a ticket.   The person in charge wanted to make sure the tickets weren't given to vendors and asked people to show their badges to ensure there were no vendors in the crowd.   The only gave a handful of tickets, which I was not able to get.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »
That video says 2015. I think they change it up each year on PN this year there were none at the booth and they directed people elsewhere.

I am usually at the front to get onto the show floor and I don't typically try for Hasbro on PN, much easier on Thursday.

my goal is to one day get hasbro to get tickets to people legitimately waiting on line

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2017, 10:51:28 AM »
Hasbro handled their lines much better last year. This time, they had the overflow people line up against the wall and then checked everyone's badges to make sure they weren't vendors. They didn't just give away tickets to random people that walked up like they did two years ago.

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2017, 10:56:58 AM »
Yeah, I realize the video is from 2015.   My point was be aware of the tickets needed for the Hasbro booth and where and how to get them.  Every year there are newbies that are unaware to the tickets needed for Hasbro.   

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »
they do need a ticket but Hasbro doesn't tell you how to get one and it is not given out in the sails on wednesday. so it is also important to mention that as well.

the best bet for 99% of the people is to try the other days. even if you get a friday ticket you are pretty much going to get whatever you want. and if they are temporarily out of stock on an item Hasbro will let you keep the ticket and you can rejoin the line later and buy what you were missing.

I believe but would want someone else to double confirm you can even go the next day in those scenarios. Like a Thursday ticket could be used on Friday if they ran out of something

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2017, 12:00:39 PM »
Eagerly awaiting the 2017 version of this, which will hopefully again address Hasbro:

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »
I believe but would want someone else to double confirm you can even go the next day in those scenarios. Like a Thursday ticket could be used on Friday if they ran out of something

This is what happened to me last year.   I had a Thursday ticket and they had sold out of an item that I wanted and I didn't want to wait in line to buy something and asked the Hasbro manager if I could back when the item was in stock and he said yes.   However, I got back in line when the item was back in stock and security wouldn't let me in line because the ticket was expired so I had to speak with the manager so he could clear with security.   You have to make sure the manager remembers you and clears with it security before you can get in line for a ticket that's not the same day.   Security is really tight as Hasbro.   Moral of the story, you better make sure you confirm you're able to return to Hasbro with Hasbro management and they'll remember you, otherwise, you're out of luck.   Probably have the Hasbro manager sign your ticket, take a selfie with him or something to validate your claim of being able to return.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2017, 07:17:05 PM »
This is what happened to me last year.   I had a Thursday ticket and they had sold out of an item that I wanted and I didn't want to wait in line to buy something and asked the Hasbro manager if I could back when the item was in stock and he said yes.   However, I got back in line when the item was back in stock and security wouldn't let me in line because the ticket was expired so I had to speak with the manager so he could clear with security.   You have to make sure the manager remembers you and clears with it security before you can get in line for a ticket that's not the same day.   Security is really tight as Hasbro.   Moral of the story, you better make sure you confirm you're able to return to Hasbro with Hasbro management and they'll remember you, otherwise, you're out of luck.   Probably have the Hasbro manager sign your ticket, take a selfie with him or something to validate your claim of being able to return.
I asked the same thing because I read somewhere that you would be able to do this but I was told they wouldn't do this ☹️ So like Darth said make sure you talk to someone at the Hasbro booth that will let you back in line when sold out item becomes available again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2017, 11:30:17 AM »
Last year, they ran out of the Obi Wan on Preview Night and then on Thursday, so I was told to come back on Friday. Usually, if you don't give them an attitude, the supervisor or whomever is in charge of the lines will be cool about it. Because of the sheer volume of people that they have to deal with on a daily basis, they're kind of on edge as-is and snapping at them definitely won't help your cause.

Offline flyt2b0ston

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2017, 12:47:54 PM »
We asked if we could come back the next day with an old ticket because all star wars exclusives sold out while we were in line, all employees told us we could not return with an old ticket. It seems to be at the discretion of the employee and pretty random, we asked politely.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2017, 09:57:08 AM »
Comic-Con 2017: First Look at Hasbro’s Exclusive Deluxe Daredevil Action Figure You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hasbro’s deluxe 12-inch “Legends” take on the Man Without Fear, based on Marvel’s classic comic character (as opposed to the Netflix incarnation played by Charlie Cox), is fully articulated and comes with a variety of interchangeable parts and accessories to put the action in action figure.

The $59.99 figure will be available to Comic-Con fans at the toy maker’s booth during show hours from July 20-23. Afterward, a limited number will be sold at Hasbro’s online store.