Author Topic: International Attendees - How Do You Get Your Stuff Home?  (Read 2678 times)

Offline sondra17

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 24
Re: International Attendees - How Do You Get Your Stuff Home?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »
[member=5606]tsnyder[/member] Hey, I'm from Hawaii as well and do exactly what you do about suitcase in the suitcase thing. What are the amazon prime air bag thing you are speaking of? I need to get some.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 02:51:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[member=5606]tsnyder[/member] Hey, I'm from Hawaii as well and do exactly what you do about suitcase in the suitcase thing. What are the amazon prime air bag thing you are speaking of? I need to get some.

They have them at Walmart also.  Highly recommend as it definitely saves a bunch of space.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:23:16 PM »

Offline EightiesKid

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 12:57:28 PM »
2018 is going to be my first time at the Con and while I've only got a ticket for 1 day, I plan on making the most of it shopping wise! My only concern is over buying and then having to get everything home. I'm travelling around the US afterwards, so taking it all with me isn't the best. What do other international attendees do in this situation? How easy is it to send stuff home?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Where are you coming from?  Hope you have a great time!  Be prepared for crowds, but also for a tremendous spectacle! 

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 06:39:45 PM »
If not already mentioned and if first time at event, dont feel like u gotta buy alot if gotta send home by mail or anything. only get what u want most, cause there will be alot u mite want but really decide what u want most. cause may cost too much if got too much cause it all by weight and all. not trying to ruin anyone fun, just try save anyone time and stress of trying to get alot and send home at anytime.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 11:08:21 PM »
I usually buy a 24 X 24 X 12 box and treat it as checked luggage.

Agree with the box idea - last year I came with one suitcase and then bought boxes at Walmart. Much cheaper than buying extra suitcases and fit more in (just be careful of the weight).

Hasbro Toy Shop booth will have their discarded empty boxes in a bin behind their booth, varying sizes, for free.   I got an empty box from the NECA booth a few years ago so that area and Mattel booth (floor and Torrey Pines) both tend to go through boxes.  Large FedEx 24X24X24 boxes run about $20. 

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 10:50:51 AM »
I can see it can be a pain to send stuff home. since i go solo, i just make sure now to get what i want most so not gotta send any home or carry so much around before and after a job.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 06:49:16 AM »
International attendees, how did you get your stuff home? Success stories? Advice?