Author Topic: Conan Shows 2018  (Read 57854 times)

Offline chirigami

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 74
Re: Re: SDCC 2018 offsite events
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 12:19:02 AM »
Of all the Conan things I would love for them to bring back the bingo games they had, I'm still kicking myself for not realizing they were being held like right across the street from the hotel I got that year.  It seemed like it was such a blast to go to!

Offline Cajnca559

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2018, 07:53:19 AM »
Conan bingo was a blast and the best part there was zero craziness trying to get in. Free drinks,food,entertainment and dunno pops! By far one of the best experiences at comic con for me ever. Conan the show not so much. Waited in line for 5 hours even with tickets, got sat up in the nose bleeds and it was so so hot.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Conan Shows 2018
« Reply #32 on: Today at 11:22:41 AM »

Offline Kmd2103

• Gaming Lounge
  • I don't like...I obsess
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2018, 08:02:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Conan bingo was a blast and the best part there was zero craziness trying to get in. Free drinks,food,entertainment and dunno pops! By far one of the best experiences at comic con for me ever. Conan the show not so much. Waited in line for 5 hours even with tickets, got sat up in the nose bleeds and it was so so hot.

I was bummed to miss Bingo that first year!! Also agree that the nosebleeds are HOT AS HADES and not worth the wait IMO. Earlier years was more reasonable since getting in line at 6ish gave you a decent seat! I do like having a known assigned seat, and the show has been an easy way to see different actors in a relatively short time.
SDCC 2013-2018 #gameofthrones #netflixoriginals #sherlocked

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 10:33:17 AM »
I guess since the whole Conan experience first started not sure how far back, that it has changed and some or many have lost interest in it do to past events or other things that happend to ruin the fun of it all. i gonna try check out some this year if they have any good stuff i really wana see after i get other stuff done first. lucky they say what is to be at con weeks ahead so u can plan ahead as to what u wanna try check out when u in the area.

Offline jasperthecactus

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 25
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 12:11:28 PM »
I was happy to get tickets the first year, when I entered just because. That year I had missed out on a Saturday badge, so it ended up being a great way to spend our afternoon. I think things weren't as crazy at that point (at least that I could tell) except where the Funkos were involved. There were people standing outside the theater offering a hundred dollars each, and lots of people managed to walk by the staff several times to grab a bunch of them. I really enjoyed myself, but doubt I would bother going again on a day I do have a badge.
SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
ECCC: 2018, 2019
RCCC: 2018

“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.”

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 01:56:21 PM »
I was happy to get tickets the first year, when I entered just because. That year I had missed out on a Saturday badge, so it ended up being a great way to spend our afternoon. I think things weren't as crazy at that point (at least that I could tell) except where the Funkos were involved. There were people standing outside the theater offering a hundred dollars each, and lots of people managed to walk by the staff several times to grab a bunch of them. I really enjoyed myself, but doubt I would bother going again on a day I do have a badge.

Now remove the funko from the equation so to speak, do u think people still wanna go or not. also not be having those flippers waiting to beg u for any u have if at all . lol

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2018, 08:40:48 PM »
Now remove the funko from the equation so to speak, do u think people still wanna go or not. also not be having those flippers waiting to beg u for any u have if at all . lol

I don’t care about the funkos so if they took that out and made it easier to get in I’d be all for it.  I’d actually try to go.  Years ago I decided to stop waiting in lines at conventions.  It just turns out to not be worth it most of the time.

The last time I remember waiting in a long line for an exclusive event at SDCC was the Balls of Fury premiere.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2018, 10:59:04 AM »
I don’t care about the funkos so if they took that out and made it easier to get in I’d be all for it.  I’d actually try to go.  Years ago I decided to stop waiting in lines at conventions.  It just turns out to not be worth it most of the time.

The last time I remember waiting in a long line for an exclusive event at SDCC was the Balls of Fury premiere.

Yea, i can see how some lines can be debatable knowing how the whole line thing for panels and all can be a pain at times reading about all the hassles u gotta deal with every year so for some it like turns u off or make u wanna skip cause so much u can do and get done instead off waiting for something and no promise u gonna get ea day. so i do what i can before a job and after. and not feel like i gotta get exclusives at anytime. if score some swag then nice, but not gonna bug out cause vultures tend to plan and get what they can to try resale later i guess if they dont care to keep it any.

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2018, 07:09:41 PM »
I've been to COnan 4-5? times.  First time i was in the second row; th en left orchestra; then middle tier; then slowly I wound up in the very last row of the top tier...and it was awful.  I was sweating the whole show; the opener tells the same friggin jokes and I was waiting for what...Lego Ninjago? Yikes no thanks.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
Conan Shows 2018
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2018, 08:37:55 AM »
Just trying to see if this is a good place to just talk about these specific things.  If it's somewhere else sorry. 

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2018, 08:47:40 AM »
This is the right place. I had been thinking that we needed to split off to a new subject. Generally, we keep the random offsite chatter to the main thread, and split off to another to discuss the major ones. This one always has a lot of discussion.
Ang

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2018, 08:55:33 AM »
Nope this is as good a spot as any! Has there been any news?

Offline a99kitten

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2018, 09:36:15 AM »
I sooooooo want to go to one of these.  I am not a regular watcher of Conan but every time I do watch, I chuckle continuously :) And the con ones are always so fun.  I record them all so I can watch when I get home.

But every year I have been DENIED!
Let the Wookiee Win

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2018, 10:01:54 AM »
I went to one show last year at SDCC and it was fun, but I'm just not into the crowd having to be pumped up by the guys running the show. I know it's TV and they want you to be pumped up for the cameras, but it gets tiring for an old guy like me :D.

I rather go to a Chris Hardwick Nerdist show at the Balboa , I wonder if he is having any shows this year.
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2018, 10:13:39 AM »
Forum Housekeeping:

Split of Conan-related posts from the SDCC 2018 Off-Site Events thread and merged these older Conan posts with the new "Conan Shows 2018" thread (that you're in right now).  The goal is to keep the discussion in one place, and there are no posting conflicts, so the replies should all be in chronological order.

^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...