Author Topic: CCI 2013 Badge Resale Question Thread  (Read 41899 times)

Offline Loni

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
CCI 2013 Badge Resale Question Thread
« on: February 16, 2013, 05:51:59 PM »
Hi guys! This is my first con, so I'm a complete n00b when it comes to the badge resale.What I'm curious about is being able to purchase single day passes for the ones you're missing. My other friends got 3/4 and 2/4 days, so I was wondering if they would be able to try the resale badge day and get single badges for the days they are missing. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:57:44 PM by Zero »

Offline DianaOfThemyscira

• Gaming Lounge
  • formerly Xax
  • Liked: 83
Re: Badge Resale Question
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »
As far as I know you should be able to

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2013 Badge Resale Question Thread
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:34:51 AM »

Offline Loni

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As far as I know you should be able to

Oh that would be perfect. I hope that's true!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 06:04:45 PM »
Hi guys! This is my first con, so I'm a complete n00b when it comes to the badge resale.What I'm curious about is being able to purchase single day passes for the ones you're missing. My other friends got 3/4 and 2/4 days, so I was wondering if they would be able to try the resale badge day and get single badges for the days they are missing. Thanks!

Yes, that's definitely the case, In fact, at last year's badge resale they spilt all of the badges they had available (even the 4 day ones) all into single days, just so people could 'fill in the gaps'.

Offline Loni

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 06:10:05 PM »
Yes, that's definitely the case, In fact, at last year's badge resale they spilt all of the badges they had available (even the 4 day ones) all into single days, just so people could 'fill in the gaps'.

Ah-mazing! I'll have to let her know and keep my eyes open for the resale date!

Offline Luxuria

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:53:04 PM »
The only thing they did last year was if you had any kind of Saturday badge (individual OR you got a 4 day pass) you were not eligible for the resale.  People asked why, and it came to the understanding of if you managed to get a Saturday, you should have been able to get all the other singles as Saturday is the first to go.  Otherwise if anyone had single days that didn't include Saturday, they were eligible without question. :)

Offline dragonfly

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 09:02:46 PM »
Mind if I thread hijack for a minute?
Any idea how many badges are up for resale? I know it depends on the number of returns.
Last year was what 5,000? How quickly did they go?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 09:06:37 PM »
Mind if I thread hijack for a minute?
Any idea how many badges are up for resale? I know it depends on the number of returns.
Last year was what 5,000? How quickly did they go?

5000 appears to be the magic # for last year. Sold out fairly quickly.

CCI is usually very mum on any official #s so we can only speculate based on info from various sources.

At this point, it's only a guess as to how they will approach the resale so would recommend everyone stay on alert. It SHOULD be AFTER hotel sales but IF they do a special sale in response to the issues from today, I'd expect it early to mid March before we get into WonderCon season.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Loni

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 09:46:19 PM »
The only thing they did last year was if you had any kind of Saturday badge (individual OR you got a 4 day pass) you were not eligible for the resale.  People asked why, and it came to the understanding of if you managed to get a Saturday, you should have been able to get all the other singles as Saturday is the first to go.  Otherwise if anyone had single days that didn't include Saturday, they were eligible without question. :)

Ooo, interesting! I will pass that along and hope it's not true for this time, because I believe she only got Friday and Saturday. Thanks!

Offline Loni

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 09:47:09 PM »
At this point, it's only a guess as to how they will approach the resale so would recommend everyone stay on alert. It SHOULD be AFTER hotel sales but IF they do a special sale in response to the issues from today, I'd expect it early to mid March before we get into WonderCon season.

Gotcha! Good to know!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 06:37:15 AM »
Ooo, interesting! I will pass that along and hope it's not true for this time, because I believe she only got Friday and Saturday. Thanks!
Just a note, sometimes in the resale, you are ineligible if you got a Saturday badge. The logic is that if you got a Saturday badge (they sell out first), you had the opportunity to buy all days.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:45:53 AM by Angology »
Ang

Offline KirbySS

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 07:34:08 AM »
Just a note, sometime in the resale, you are ineligible if you got a Saturday badge. The logic is that if you got a Saturday badge (they sell out first), you had the opportunity to buy all days.

Your facts are in error. Saturday badges don't sell out first. 4 day bagdes w/ Preview night sell out first. The fault in your logic is that it does not take into account the people who wanted preview night and couldn't get it. The message to those people is, "you are not as important to us as another customer", which is a bad message to be promoting.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 07:37:07 AM »
Your facts are in error. Saturday badges don't sell out first. 4 day bagdes w/ Preview night sell out first. The fault in your logic is that it does not take into account the people who wanted preview night and couldn't get it. The message to those people is, "you are not as important to us as another customer", which is a bad message to be promoting.

Actually, last year when they first instituted that rule for the badge resale, they didn't have any preview night badges for that sale. They only had a few 4 day badges, and they broke them all up into single days. The ' Saturday Ban ' made sense, given what hey had available.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 07:44:25 AM »

Actually, while last year they had an unexpected 'second chance' sale at the end of March, the REFUND sale is always after the *final badge refund date* in May (not the hotel day, which is usually much earlier). IIRC, that date is May 11 this year, so the refund sale would not be until then. That's not to say that they might not have a second chance sale though. I'm guessing a lot of people who did get through from yesterday were upgrading from the August sale and their badges now go back into the pool. So a second chance sale sometime in the next month is definitely possible, especially since there is precedent for it.

BTW, I think the reason there were so few badges in the refund sale last year is because many of them went during the second chance sale. So you would really need to count both sales together,

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 07:49:50 AM »
yes. I know there is a refund sale may or june. I'm of the impression that there will be a special sale before then.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!