Author Topic: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?  (Read 129157 times)

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Overall, just plan to by chance do alot of walking, by chance sit at times, and maybe run at anytime if late to get places but so much traffic will just slow u down so running any might be waste of time all depends where u at during the con. for safety reason u cant run inside -but can power walk i guess lol. not sure if had any certain walk style but after tried out for military and it didnt go right i still learned the pace they have and get to places at a decent pace but can get slowed if too much traffic around u at anytime lol. so just be aware if gota take alot breaks or try catch breath, or even with limitations gotta adjust what u can do but still have fun at con. i can see with any health problems can affect be prepared for con events, so just do the best u can and pace urself and can still have fun at the same time.

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
I really fell off the wagon over last 6 months. This was my big week to start and I get a cold.  I really need to get motivated! What gets you all motivated?

Podcasts with jocko willink and Tim ferriss help me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
having my skinny jeans not fit LOL

for me it starts with food- I have to limit my food intake/make healthy choices, that'll lead to fitness
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I really fell off the wagon over last 6 months. This was my big week to start and I get a cold.  I really need to get motivated! What gets you all motivated?

There's a fitness challenge on the Funko Funatics boards that keeps me motivated. I have to message a picture of my weight to the guy that runs it, which is terrifying, but motivating. Plus, there are prizes. :) It's just run by a member, not Funko itself.

I also am part of a group on Facebook that started from the SDCC Badgeholders group. We do Fitbit challenges every week, and we started doing adventure races too (also on Fitbit), which are fun too.
Ang

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
There's a fitness challenge on the Funko Funatics boards that keeps me motivated. I have to message a picture of my weight to the guy that runs it, which is terrifying, but motivating. Plus, there are prizes. :) It's just run by a member, not Funko itself.

I also am part of a group on Facebook that started from the SDCC Badgeholders group. We do Fitbit challenges every week, and we started doing adventure races too (also on Fitbit), which are fun too.
Didn't know about funatics challenge. I will have to look it up!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Didn't know about funatics challenge. I will have to look it up!

Just don't really expect your prize.  I never got mine.  I think first place did.

I just did my first class at orange theory fitness class and survived!   It was intense and just what I needed I signed up for 4 classes a month.  I've gotten even bigger than when I joined this thread so I am hoping to join you all at SDCC 20 lbs lighter this year.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
Just don't really expect your prize.  I never got mine.  I think first place did.

I just did my first class at orange theory fitness class and survived!   It was intense and just what I needed I signed up for 4 classes a month.  I've gotten even bigger than when I joined this thread so I am hoping to join you all at SDCC 20 lbs lighter this year.
Bummer about the prize, kudos on the Orange theory! I'm looking to drop 20 myself

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118

I can relate. I had just started back after falling off the wagon for about a 6+ month due to a knee injury. Then I started back for several weeks, then fell off the wagon again for a couple weeks, but tried to get back on a couple weeks ago. My plan was to run Wed, Fri, and Sundays. I ran Wed, did well. But then I started getting sick on Friday and was sick all the following week, and I'm still getting over it! It's hard to stay motivated when that happens :(

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
I am sooooooo sore from that Orange Theory class!   I wish I could pay someone to workout for me...lol
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
I am sooooooo sore from that Orange Theory class!   I wish I could pay someone to workout for me...lol

I've been contemplating that thing where they stick wires into you and use electrical impulses to work out your muscles while you lie there....  >:D

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610

I didn't get mine either. I feel like sending him a PM, but don't want to seem greedy. It's still great motivation.

Congrats on the surviving that first class! It's always the hardest. I may look into it-there is one fairly close to my house.
Ang

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
I didn't get mine either. I feel like sending him a PM, but don't want to seem greedy. It's still great motivation.

Congrats on the surviving that first class! It's always the hardest. I may look into it-there is one fairly close to my house.

Didn't get my prize either. At this point I'm just considering the weight loss to be my prize.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
My work got standing desks! Very excited that this will help me reach my goals.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Very cool [member=1291]semigeekgirl[/member] !!  Do you need to provide your own exercise ball?  You'll have abs of steel!

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
[member=842]TardisMom[/member] I think they'll buy me an exercise ball if I ask for one, but I'm going to just get used to standing for awhile first. I'm not getting rid of my chair yet! :P