Author Topic: When Does the Comic-Con Schedule Come Out?  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Comico

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
When Does the Comic-Con Schedule Come Out?
« on: December 19, 2017, 09:31:43 PM »
Hi,

1) Would you have any idea when the Comic-Con programming schedule comes out?

2) When should I start looking for a line group to join? I want to see Hall H and get autographs.

Thank you for any advice.

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
Re: When Does the Comic-Con Schedule Come Out?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 05:55:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi,

1) Would you have any idea when the Comic-Con programming schedule comes out?

2) When should I start looking for a line group to join? I want to see Hall H and get autographs.

Thank you for any advice.

The Programming Guide usually comes out 2 weeks before the event, so you've got some time to wait.

I'm sure that there are already Line Groups forming now.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:57:45 AM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 08:32:14 AM »
Building on [member=2164]jimy[/member] 's comment. The official schedule is posted 2 weeks in advance to the day, so they will announce Thursday first, then Friday the next day, etc. We will go over it microscopically :) Different signings will have different procedures so keep an eye out for that too. You will also start seeing announcements from companies and creators too, for example many of the publishers will have signings at their booth and they will announce a schedule and procedures whenever they decide to.

Some of the info will start trickling out slowly next year, then it will turn into a flood closer to the con. You'll see it all discussed here, sdccblog.com too does a great job organizing all of the information.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 10:05:12 AM »
SDCCI will likely release their official schedule around the week of July 4th.  It is not uncommon nowadays for studios or comic companies to release panel info weeks or even more than a month before CCI releases their official schedule a few weeks before SDCCI
Autographs are trickier, as that will depend on the availability of talent which could be pretty last minute.  And as a head's up, if you want the big autographs (like, say The Avengers signing  INFINITY WAR posters) those are typically right before or right after their panels, making it pretty impossible to do both.

Because of the...intensity of both attending Hall H panels (especially on Friday and Saturday) and getting into the autograph drawings, it is VERY difficult to do both: especially on the same day.  The line commitment nowadays is fairly insane in that regard.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 03:14:54 PM »
I miss how it use to be years ago lol. it was alot easier to do alot of things cause the con was as popular as it is now. since its like the biggest party of the year so to speak that it harder to get in ways now i notice. so i make sure to take note or be aware and do what i can at time. its like we are all paparazzi now kinda as for any and all pics u try get of anyone u see by chance and get yelled at to take and move cause of traffic lol. and since alot stuff is getting done sooner compared to this past year, it may be quiet for much news for SDCC but as said closer to time alot key sites will post news of any and all things possible so u can plan for the week of events. and have read while back it supposed to be an anniversary year for the con unless i am wrong idk, so that i guess will make it a bigger party / event to celebrate that with whatever is planned for that really.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 07:06:34 PM »
I miss how it use to be years ago lol. it was alot easier to do alot of things cause the con was as popular as it is now. since its like the biggest party of the year so to speak that it harder to get in ways now i notice. so i make sure to take note or be aware and do what i can at time. its like we are all paparazzi now kinda as for any and all pics u try get of anyone u see by chance and get yelled at to take and move cause of traffic lol. and since alot stuff is getting done sooner compared to this past year, it may be quiet for much news for SDCC but as said closer to time alot key sites will post news of any and all things possible so u can plan for the week of events. and have read while back it supposed to be an anniversary year for the con unless i am wrong idk, so that i guess will make it a bigger party / event to celebrate that with whatever is planned for that really.
Comic-Con started in May of 1970 as a kind of 'trial run,' as a one-day only event; this one-day event was essentially a fundraiser for the Aug. event.  Later that summer, in August of 1970, it was held as a 3-day event: was was essentially the first Comic-Con (though called 'Golden State Comic Con.  It was officially named San Diego Comic-Con in 1973, and that year was the first four-day Con

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 10:51:12 AM »
Building on [member=2164]jimy[/member] 's comment. The official schedule is posted 2 weeks in advance to the day, so they will announce Thursday first, then Friday the next day, etc. We will go over it microscopically :) Different signings will have different procedures so keep an eye out for that too. You will also start seeing announcements from companies and creators too, for example many of the publishers will have signings at their booth and they will announce a schedule and procedures whenever they decide to.

Some of the info will start trickling out slowly next year, then it will turn into a flood closer to the con. You'll see it all discussed here, sdccblog.com too does a great job organizing all of the information.

It wouldn't be a surprise if Hall H changes how they do things this upcoming year.  We just don't know what they will be changing to.  There were a lot of complaints about how things went down last year.  The feedback session went on for hours complaining about the various things that went wrong.  People interested in Hall H on Friday and Saturday should look out for any announcements in terms of how they are going to do it this year.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 11:06:00 AM »
With so many cons through out the year, i wonder if the staff by chance tries get some idea how they do panels in big rooms like hall h. not sure how they gonna fix the hassle of counterfeit bands cause if it hapend before i not be shocked if happend again not saying it will but be aware. im glad people know of what is posted online after con so can read about and be aware i can watch on youtube later and not waste anytime trying get in to any ea day. so yeah the guides or schedule is posted online like as said days or weeks before so they can be sure fix anything if anyone gotta cancel for a reason before it posted at time. i be sure to remember what got me a badge so to speak for con so that is priority to me and i make sure to check when i arrive to con first t day and then try check in before leave to come home so not gotta check in early every day and  i come ready for job and try get same thing ea day so not try guess what i gotta do ea day.