Author Topic: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR tix  (Read 6696 times)

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR tix
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 06:34:40 PM »
Not death related, but sales for this are already HUGE. The Hollywood Reporter posted on an You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login on pre-sales and stated that
Fandango says sales for Infinity War are outpacing those for Black Panther by more than two-to-one during the same point in time — not to mention coming in ahead of the last seven titles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe combined (those seven are Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Doctor Strange, Captain America: Civil War and Ant-Man.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 10:12:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think Thor just because Chris Hemsworth never did any other cameos and they pretty much killed off everyone (and Mir-mir) in Thor 3.

I'm thinking Cap. No big reason, but definitely a Chris, (but not a [member=3]Chris[/member] )

And this is just as good a thread as any, so I already have 2 problems with the movie:

(1) We know from both Hasbro and the trailer that Cap gets a new Wakandan shield. But Wakanda has a mountain of vibranium, can't they just make 100 shields exactly like the old one?

(2) More importantly, we know that Doctor Strange has that spell he used on Loki in Thor Ragnarok, so Infinity War should be like 10 minutes long.

Doctor Strange:    I am the Sorcerer Supreme of this dimension, and I ask you to ....

Thanos:                SILENCE BOY! I AM THANO-WHOAAAAAAHHHH!

Doctor Strange:    Tea?

roll credits

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 08:27:26 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 11:54:00 PM »
I'm thinking Cap. No big reason, but definitely a Chris, (but not a [member=3]Chris[/member] )

And this is just as good a thread as any, so I already have 2 problems with the movie:

(1) We know from both Hasbro and the trailer that Cap gets a new Wakandan shield. But Wakanda has a mountain of vibranium, can't they just make 100 shields exactly like the old one?

(2) More importantly, we know that Doctor Strange has that spell he used on Loki in Thor Ragnarok, so Infinity War should be like 10 minutes long.

Doctor Strange:    I am the Sorcerer Supreme of this dimension, and I ask you to ....

roll credits

I think you may already have cracked the Marvel movie code:

Send in Doctor Strange... and then the rest of the movie is just filler for time. (Possibly more shawarma?)  Ah-hahahahahahaha!

Your post totally made my day.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 12:15:08 AM »

roll credits

Your points are absolutely valid...UNLESS Dr. Strange is somehow incapacitated rendering him ineffective in battle. Which could explain a scene in the trailer where Dr. Strange is being tortured by Ebony Maw.
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 07:20:45 AM »

roll credits

I really hope not Cap.  He's my favorite in the MCU.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 08:15:07 AM »
I really hope not Cap.  He's my favorite in the MCU.

I was rewatching the First Avenger last night, they've done such a great job with the character. I'm probably wrong.

Your points are absolutely valid...UNLESS Dr. Strange is somehow incapacitated rendering him ineffective in battle. Which could explain a scene in the trailer where Dr. Strange is being tortured by Ebony Maw.

It can happen at the end  :)

Thanos:              WHOOAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Bucky:                 Why didn't you do that first?

Doctor Strange:   I hate you.

Sam:                    I know, right! He always does that!

I think you may already have cracked the Marvel movie code:

Send in Doctor Strange... and then the rest of the movie is just filler for time. (Possibly more shawarma?)  Ah-hahahahahahaha!

Your post totally made my day.

The last time I watched Alien I remember thinking that if people just would have @!#?@  listened to Ripley the movie would have been 30 minutes long and most of them would have survived. Must be what got my brain on that track.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2018, 08:35:02 AM »
I’m very worried about Cap. It would definitely be in his character makeup to sacrifice himself to save others. They may have foreshadowed Bucky taking his place when they traded off the shield back and forth in their fight with Iron Man in Civil War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2018, 10:21:20 AM »
I'm actually thinking it'll be Sam Wilson picking up the mantle...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR tix
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2018, 11:40:40 AM »
I'm actually thinking it'll be Sam Wilson picking up the mantle...
That’s an interesting idea, and I like it! I’m hoping against hope that it won’t be necessary, but it is likely. I was thinking Bucky because of the comic book story arc, and then when I saw them sharing the shield in Civil War, I felt like it was an omen.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2018, 12:41:40 PM »
I was rewatching the First Avenger last night, they've done such a great job with the character.

Agree.  I'm not a big fan of Cap in the comics, but in the movies, they walked a perfect line with him being extremely wholesome without being a goody two shoes.  The scene in civil war with him and Tony Stark talking about signing the accords with the old pens is perfect.  I don't see Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr.  I see Steve Rogers and Tony Stark.

I am hoping that they keep Cap alive for selfish reasons, but think that Chris Evans really seems to enjoy the role and is open to a Cap 4 (which he wasn't previously).

If they do kill him, the old comic book saying is "The only comic character who stays dead is Uncle Ben."

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2018, 01:32:08 PM »

roll credits
Love this post on so many levels (including that it involves Doctor Strange, and mentions Loki) :)

eta: DH thinks it will be Cap :(
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:34:28 PM by Angology »
Ang

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2018, 03:18:51 PM »
Love this post on so many levels (including that it involves Doctor Strange, and mentions Loki) :)

eta: DH thinks it will be Cap :(

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2018, 03:27:51 PM »
Just got an email from Nerdist with the headline "Will Loki die in the first scene of Infinity War". Thanks for the downer, guys! I am going to go cry in a corner. I hope they don't. If they do, I hope it isn't as abrupt as when they killed off Fandral in Thor Ragnarok.  :'(
Ang

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2018, 07:19:58 PM »
Just got an email from Nerdist with the headline "Will Loki die in the first scene of Infinity War". Thanks for the downer, guys! I am going to go cry in a corner. I hope they don't. If they do, I hope it isn't as abrupt as when they killed off Fandral in Thor Ragnarok.  :'(

It's Loki, only way he dies in the movie is if it's revealed in a mid-credits scene that it was a trick and he's been hiding out as a cat the whole time.

If you haven't watched the director's commentary for Thor Ragnarok then you need to do it right now, unless you are (a) performing heart surgery (b) flying a plane or (c) defusing a bomb. At several points in the commentary Taika Waititi's daughter comes in and starts talking to him and any time something intense happens her little voice goes "oh my gosh." So now if I imagine a possible intense scene from Infinity War I hear that voice.

I think I veered this thread off topic. So, I still have Infinity War tickets.

Offline Lord Bacon

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2018, 12:22:02 PM »
Less than a week till opening night (in the US)! Very much looking forward to seeing this!