Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld  (Read 34379 times)

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
No, haven't heard anything about the reservation system yet, other than guests of the 3 Disneyland hotels get a reservation. Last I checked, those start at $412/night during that time frame, so no thank you, haha. I've been checking the various Disneyland forums to see if I can hear any rumblings about non-hotel guest reservations, but still haven't seen anything yet. Being an annual passholder, I am hoping they'll give us priority, but no word on that yet either.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No, haven't heard anything about the reservation system yet, other than guests of the 3 Disneyland hotels get a reservation. Last I checked, those start at $412/night during that time frame, so no thank you, haha. I've been checking the various Disneyland forums to see if I can hear any rumblings about non-hotel guest reservations, but still haven't seen anything yet. Being an annual passholder, I am hoping they'll give us priority, but no word on that yet either.

I booked a hotel a block away for about $110/night.  I guess if you quadruple it you get to have Disney extras and stuff like that. But meehhh.

Of course I say this as someone who's hotel for SDCC was $400/night last year.  There's some cognitive dissonance here perhaps lmao.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
USUALLY the big benefit you get from staying at a Disney hotel is early entry. You can get early entry to one of the 2 parks every day. This gives you a HUGE leg up on the crowds, and you can get a lot accomplished in that hour, plus in the second hour, you can move on to the 'second tier' rides, staying ahead of the big crowds all morning.

OTOH, for the first few weeks of Galaxy's Edge opening (until June 23) the only advantage staying at a Disney hotel gives you is a reservation to get in. That may not even be that great, if the reservation is for a busy time of day. We don't yet know what kind of advantage they will give for dates after June 23, but I am holding onto my Paradise Pier reservation just in case...

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
An hour of early entry doesn't feel worth $300/night extra to me, but I'm also an absurdly thrifty person lol.

Offline Transmute Jun

An hour of early entry doesn't feel worth $300/night extra to me, but I'm also an absurdly thrifty person lol.

It can be if you have lots of people in that hotel room. But yeah, for one person, clearly it's not worth it.

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
    • Gender Biased Reviews

As long as you're already in line before park opening, that's advantage enough. As APs, we make sure to arrive prior to park opening, then we are typically only there 8am-10am (because 10am is when it starts to get busy) and get a tremendous amount done. But yeah, with Star Wars Land thrown into the mix, not sure how that's going to change things... haha.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
As long as you're already in line before park opening, that's advantage enough. As APs, we make sure to arrive prior to park opening, then we are typically only there 8am-10am (because 10am is when it starts to get busy) and get a tremendous amount done. But yeah, with Star Wars Land thrown into the mix, not sure how that's going to change things... haha.

I had an annual pass as a kid and loved to get there when they dropped the rope on Main Street.  My mom? Not so much.  She's like... we have annual passes we can just show up whenever and do whatever ;D  Eleven year old me did not care.  I had to be there the moment it opened haha.  It's been forever though.  I might do that for Galaxy's Edge though if I can shove my roommates out the door at the buttcrack of dawn.

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
    • Gender Biased Reviews
I had an annual pass as a kid and loved to get there when they dropped the rope on Main Street.  My mom? Not so much.  She's like... we have annual passes we can just show up whenever and do whatever ;D  Eleven year old me did not care.  I had to be there the moment it opened haha.  It's been forever though.  I might do that for Galaxy's Edge though if I can shove my roommates out the door at the buttcrack of dawn.

I feel like 20 years ago, your mom was probably right! Even 10 years ago it was a lot less busy than it is nowadays  :(

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
I feel like 20 years ago, your mom was probably right! Even 10 years ago it was a lot less busy than it is nowadays  :(

Except for Indiana Jones and the new Tomorrowland.  I remember waiting 5 hours for Indiana Jones and at least 3-4 for Rocket Rods.  My friend had an accessibility pass the first couple years Rocket Rods was open, though, so we got to skip the line a lot.  But then she got better haha.  I mean... yay obviously. But oh god that line didn't die down for years.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
[member=4434]Angel_[/member] [member=314]Transmute Jun[/member] are either of you thinking of trying to go on opening day? or are u taking about around SDCC?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
[member=4434]Angel_[/member] [member=314]Transmute Jun[/member] are either of you thinking of trying to go on opening day? or are u taking about around SDCC?

I'm going the Monday before con.  I fly in Sunday, do Disneyland Monday, head down to San Diego Tuesday, and then SDCC.

Offline Transmute Jun

I can't go on opening day, because of work/family obligations. Both Angel and I have plans to attempt a visit just before SDCC.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
I can't go on opening day, because of work/family obligations. Both Angel and I have plans to attempt a visit just before SDCC.

Do you know what day?  Mine is locked in. I've got my hotel and airfare booked.

Offline Transmute Jun

Do you know what day?  Mine is locked in. I've got my hotel and airfare booked.

Probably Thursday, July 11 and Friday, July 12. Possibly Friday and Saturday instead.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
Probably Thursday, July 11 and Friday, July 12. Possibly Friday and Saturday instead.

Oh darn.  I'm not even in the state yet, haha. But have fun.