Author Topic: Hannibal, Saturday, July 11th, 5:00pm-5:45pm, Ballroom 20  (Read 30725 times)

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
Re: Hannibal confirmed!
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 11:12:51 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I really like the idea of doing something as fans at the panel to show the cast/ creators our support and how much the show means to us. Nothing comes to my mind off-hand... so yeah, can we start a brain-storming session?
Yeah, same here, I really want to do this!

Off the top of my head, some options are:
Holding up signs that all say the same message. They can be 8.5x11 with just printed text so it'd be easy to make, just raise some awareness online then hand them out before the panel.
Have everyone wear a flower crown? again, we'd need to get the message out and probably provide a lot of them, so that one might get spendy.
Or, have everyone wear stag antlers, but that one might get difficult.

Any thoughts, more ideas?

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »
If we want to do flower crowns, I wouldn't mind chipping in a large chunk of change to bring/ help distribute extras. If we wanted to pass out #savehannibal (or something) signs, I'm down for that too... I assume some of you folks have more social media presence than me (since I have basically none lol), so whatever gets decided if you want to spread the word that'd be cool!

We can of course keep hashing out some other ideas, but I think flower crowns could be relatively easy to distribute and certainly provide a visual impact! Especially if we can manage to get some to the cast/crew... I know Bryan wore one from a fan in the panel a couple years ago :)

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Hannibal, Saturday, July 11th, 5:00pm-5:45pm, Ballroom 20
« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:01:31 PM »

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 01:06:55 PM »
On handing out stuff for the panel.

Be careful when you do this, I was at the Fringe panel and handing out those "White Tulips sheets" almost got some people thrown out of the hall, no joke. Security can be very picky about what gets handed out, if the show is not doing it.

Don't get me wrong, it was great and the panel guests really appreciated it, but doing it discreetly or letting SDCC know will probably help with the process.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login by You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, on Flickr
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2015, 01:25:34 PM »
Thank for the heads up! Whatever gets decided upon, I have no problem making an effort to inform CCI what we will be doing.

Offline tweetygal

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2015, 01:37:49 PM »
Per SDCC Unofficial Blog, Hannibal panel will be in B20, Saturday 5PM-5:45PM.

I've never gone for B20 on Sat. How crazy does it get?

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2015, 01:54:03 PM »
Per SDCC Unofficial Blog, Hannibal panel will be in B20, Saturday 5PM-5:45PM.

I've never gone for B20 on Sat. How crazy does it get?

Oh really? I hadn't seen that, but it's good news for me! (no plans Saturday so far!). If true, with Grimm and Outlander as the panels before it, I'm sure those fandoms will be well represented, but so far it doesn't look like anything too crazy is going on in B20 that day. I think a lot of folks will be heading to the Hall H line for the DC TV takeover Saturday night as well, which should make things easier.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:57:54 PM by SiddFinch »

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 02:04:17 PM »
Saturday? That is odd. Or at least I've never done B20 on Saturday either. I was going to stick to offsites on Saturday but if nothing else crazy gets put in there it should be fairly easy to get in. Last year for B20, even with Teen Wolf in front of it, I walked in at 1:30 with about a 20 minute wait.
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »
Haha wow.  Saturday is going to be nuts for me.  Babylon 5 fan panel at some point, Hannibal panel at 5, press panel at 6:50, NBC party at 7 which I'm obviously going to be late to ironically because I'm more devoted to Hannibal than the network that just cancelled it lol sorry NBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tweetygal

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2015, 03:46:36 PM »
Oh really? I hadn't seen that, but it's good news for me! (no plans Saturday so far!). If true, with Grimm and Outlander as the panels before it, I'm sure those fandoms will be well represented, but so far it doesn't look like anything too crazy is going on in B20 that day. I think a lot of folks will be heading to the Hall H line for the DC TV takeover Saturday night as well, which should make things easier.

Fudge! I'm one of those looking to attend DCTV. Choices, choices.

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2015, 04:41:17 PM »
I'm down for wearing flower crowns too!
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2015, 05:20:33 PM »
So, do we want to make the flower crown wearing/ distributing official? If so, and we've got some active Fannibals on the boards, we should start spreading the news quickly since we've got just a couple weeks. I actually went and read up on the white tulip for fringe thing that Jim Watari posted, and it seemed pretty cool. We could do something similar... Get the word out that we will all be showing support by wearing the crowns at the panel, and ask that if anyone has the means to bring extras to distribute to folks in their immediate area, they do so. The creators come out, everyone with a crown stands up in an act of solidarity... I think this could be awesome.

Let me know your thoughts everyone! I could see what CCI says about us distributing them if it is indeed what you folks would like to do :)

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2015, 05:46:55 PM »
Just sent out a tweet: #SDCC2015  fannibals should wear flower crowns in support of #SaveHannibal during #Hannibal Saturday panel.
Truthfully, could have been a better tweet, but it is the end of my day at work and brain isn't functioning at full capacity right now. LOL
Will try to think of better tweet later.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 05:52:41 PM »
So, do we want to make the flower crown wearing/ distributing official? If so, and we've got some active Fannibals on the boards, we should start spreading the news quickly since we've got just a couple weeks. I actually went and read up on the white tulip for fringe thing that Jim Watari posted, and it seemed pretty cool. We could do something similar... Get the word out that we will all be showing support by wearing the crowns at the panel, and ask that if anyone has the means to bring extras to distribute to folks in their immediate area, they do so. The creators come out, everyone with a crown stands up in an act of solidarity... I think this could be awesome.

Let me know your thoughts everyone! I could see what CCI says about us distributing them if it is indeed what you folks would like to do :)
I think that sounds great!
And I can see why they wouldn't have liked the paper thing, but since flower crowns are just something you wear (a lot already do to this panel anyway!) and they aren't very distracting/disruptive in and of themselves it shouldn't be a problem! Especially if we can raise awareness and plan to give handouts to people who need them before we get into the hall. Then a couple last minute passing around before the panel if necessary.
We could still tell CCI, but if we do we should make sure we explain it like that so they know we won't be obnoxious or anything.

Before we officially start promoting this we should plan out the details.
I think the best way to do this would be to have some volunteers try to race to the mic so we get someone first on each mic (is there more than one? I can't remember), that way when they go to questions we can have the first person give a prepared introduction, including a cue, and then have everyone stand up. And then give each panel member a crown as well. (we need to make those special!)

It'd actually be great if we could get CCI in on it, so they could tell the lighting tech to be ready and turn on the house lights on cue! Because I'm kind of worried flower crowns aren't super noticeable? Unless literally everyone is wearing one. We'll just need to mention it so they know to look for them.

Also it'd be fun to be able to keep this a surprise, but I feel like that's hard when they're all on social media so often looking at our posts!

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 06:30:38 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but some more thoughts -

What if they do an offsite fan meetup that is before the panel? I think doing the flower crowns at the panel would make more of a statement, but if we're going to hold out for that then we need to make sure not everyone who has a flower crown for the panel wears it to the meetup.

Also I'd be happy to organize this and make a writeup to release publicly and all that if you guys want, but I'll definitely need help with details (who can be contacted for spare flower crowns, what the cue will be, how to best inform CCI, etc) and then promoting and getting the word out!

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2015, 06:56:37 PM »
I'm hearing lots of great ideas in your posts :). I was thinking along the same line as you were in giving them special flower crowns - like you can buy fakes online pretty cheaply ($10 or less...) maybe we could get real flowers for the cast crowns from somewhere in SD. It sounds like a lot to coordinate, but if we get enough folks involved it is likely doable.

As far as a meetup, I'd probably be game. We'd just need to make sure it's early enough to give everyone time to get over to (and into!) the panel. A Hannibal breakfast, perhaps? I can buy a bulk amount of crowns to help out. If it's gonna happen for sure, count me in for around 25 spare crowns, depending on how cheaply I can find them, hah.

I'm planning on asking a question already as I'll be cosplaying Mason Verger (anyone at the panel last year might remember my Will Graham) so I wanna show off my duds, haha... In my experience everyone at comic con is so gracious that even if the person representing our group wasn't the first person over, the other folks in line might be willing to concede their spot since they are obviously big fans as well, and they'd still get to ask their question (just maybe a few spots later)