Author Topic: Hidden Jem's...the Undiscovered Diamonds in The Rough  (Read 5561 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Hidden Jem's...the Undiscovered Diamonds in The Rough
« on: July 11, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »
Exclusive Sneak Peek Screening of the Showrunners Documentary Film
Be one of the first to see Showrunners, described by The Hollywood Reporter as "an intriguing behind-the-scenes expose of the men and women responsible for TV's recent revolution," at an exclusive sneak peek event. Showrunners is the first ever feature-length documentary to explore the fascinating world of U.S. television showrunners and the creative forces aligned around them. These people are responsible for creating, writing, and overseeing every element of production on one of the United State's biggest exports-television drama and comedy series. The film shows the huge amount of work that goes into making sure that favorite TV series airs on time, as well as the many challenges that showrunners have to overcome to ensure that a new series makes it onto the schedules at all! Featuring contributions from J. J. Abrams, Joss Whedon, Ronald D.Moore, Damon Lindelof, Bill Prady, Hart Hanson, Jane Espenson, Jonathan Nolan, and many more, this screening will be followed by a Q&A with the filmmakers and guests.
Friday July 25, 2014 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Horton Grand Theatre

idk if it's just me & due to working as a stage hand but this sounds really interesting
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Re: Hidden Jem's...the Undiscovered Diamonds in The Rough
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:29:13 PM »
this also would be interesting altho, i wouldn't wait in line for it

Marvel Television Presents
Jeph Loeb (Marvel's head of television) returns with exciting news and fun surprises for fans! Join Jeph and the casts of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel's Agent Carter in this can't-miss panel that will take you behind the scenes and into the future of Marvel's live-action television series.
Friday July 25, 2014 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Ballroom 20
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:46:40 AM »

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 01:03:56 PM »
Star Wars Origami
Origami master folder Chris Alexander (author of Star Wars Origami) demonstrates and teaches the master folding techniques to make Star Wars origami figures. Attendees will fold an exclusive Comic-Con model along with other art from the Star Wars universe. Materials included!
Friday July 25, 2014 10:00am - 11:00am
Room 7AB

LOL - I did a double take when reading the schedule, but it sounds pretty cool especially since everyone gets to fold the figure. 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »
The Black Panel
This year's panelists feature media movers and shakers from film, television, comics, and music: Orlando Jones (Sleepy Hollow, MAD TV), Ne-Yo (actor, artist, writer, singer, etc.), J. August Richards (Angel, Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Kevin Grevioux (I, Frankenstein; Underworld), Cree Summer (Batman Beyond, Rugrats, A Different World), and Erika Alexander (Living Single, Concrete Park). The Black Panel is produced by Tatiana El Khouri and hosted by its founder, Michael Davis.
Friday July 25, 2014 10:00am - 11:30am
Room 5AB

anyone been to these?  it could be really cool or a sleep threw.... lol

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 01:28:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Star Wars Origami
Origami master folder Chris Alexander (author of Star Wars Origami) demonstrates and teaches the master folding techniques to make Star Wars origami figures. Attendees will fold an exclusive Comic-Con model along with other art from the Star Wars universe. Materials included!
Friday July 25, 2014 10:00am - 11:00am
Room 7AB

LOL - I did a double take when reading the schedule, but it sounds pretty cool especially since everyone gets to fold the figure.

My son and my husband did this last year. It was run by the guy who wrote this book:

They both said it was a lot of fun. My son liked it extra well because he is a fan of the Origami Yoda books.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 02:00:33 AM »
this also would be interesting altho, i wouldn't wait in line for it

Marvel Television Presents
Jeph Loeb (Marvel's head of television) returns with exciting news and fun surprises for fans! Join Jeph and the casts of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel's Agent Carter in this can't-miss panel that will take you behind the scenes and into the future of Marvel's live-action television series.
Friday July 25, 2014 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Ballroom 20

I don't think Agents of Shield would be a diamond in the rough panel haha

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 06:30:43 AM »
I don't think Agents of Shield would be a diamond in the rough panel haha

i have to claim formating delerium on that one...LOL... ofr some reason in the formating haze though the panel was about the netflix shows- aaannnddd now i'm realizing i was totaly warped & **even** doing the wrong company

ok, can i just claim massive fail on this one & move on?

Offline mepat1111

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 08:34:43 PM »
I thought Dr Wetham's War on Comics in Room 30CDE at 1pm sounded really cool, but the best 'hidden jems' on Friday I think are:

The Unexplained Files - 7pm Room 7AB
Intruders (feat. John Simm!!! And Julie Gardner - producer of Doctor Who) - 8pm Room 7AB.

Offline chaosdreamer

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 10:33:30 AM »
I thought Dr Wetham's War on Comics in Room 30CDE at 1pm sounded really cool, but the best 'hidden jems' on Friday I think are:

The Unexplained Files - 7pm Room 7AB
Intruders (feat. John Simm!!! And Julie Gardner - producer of Doctor Who) - 8pm Room 7AB.

I have a feeling this is going to turn into another "we really should have put this in a bigger room" situation... as of right now 257 people claim that they will (attempt to) attend this panel and the capacity for 7AB is just under 500.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 11:14:37 AM »
Red Dot Diva mentioned this one on the Cup O Tea hangout. It's an awesome find. It's part of the film festival schedule:

The Chair: One Script, Two Visions, One Winner

From creator Chris Moore (Project Greenlight, American Pie, Good Will Hunting) and producer Zachary Quinto (Star Trek, Heroes, Margin Call), The Chair is a documentary competition series that follows two first- time feature directors, Shane Dawson (ShaneDawsonTV on YouTube) and Anna Martemucci (Break Up at a Wedding), each given the same screenplay and budget to make their own films. Zachary Quinto and both directors, as well as screenwriter Dan Schoffer and producer Josh Shader, join together for a panel moderated by Chris Moore, including exclusive clips from both films (Untitled Shane Dawson Movie and Hollidaysburg) and from the Starz TV show, premiering this fall.

Friday July 25, 2014 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Marriott Hall 2, Marriott Marquis & Marina
Ang

Offline mepat1111

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »
I have a feeling this is going to turn into another "we really should have put this in a bigger room" situation... as of right now 257 people claim that they will (attempt to) attend this panel and the capacity for 7AB is just under 500.
Especially with John Simm there, he is no small name actor!