Author Topic: Cartoon Network panels & events  (Read 1627 times)

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
Cartoon Network panels & events
« on: June 26, 2018, 10:52:08 AM »

Cartoon Network Panels

THURSDAY, JULY 19

SUPERHEROES OF BODY POSITIVITY: A CONVERSATION WITH STEVEN UNIVERSE’S REBECCA SUGAR AND FRIENDS
4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. | Horton Grand Theatre

Calling all Crystal Gems! The Dove Self-Esteem Project and Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe have partnered to educate young people on body confidence through the Emmy®-nominated hit series’ celebrated themes of inclusion and empowerment. Join Steven Universe creator Rebecca Sugar and experts from the Dove Self-Esteem Project for a conversation on the importance of body positivity in both the real and animated world.

FRIDAY, JULY 20

ADVENTURE TIME
10 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. | Hilton Bayfront Indigo Ballroom

Cartoon Network invites you to come along with us to celebrate 10 seasons of this most mathematical show!  We don’t want to spoil too many of the surprises but, we can promise you a live musical performance featuring some of your favorite tracks from the series along with special guests and an exclusive series finale trailer!  Grab your homies and don’t miss this epic celebration before The Ultimate Adventure.

SATURDAY, JULY 21

STEVEN UNIVERSE
10 a.m. - 10:50 a.m. | Hilton Bayfront Indigo Ballroom

Did you hear that Cartoon Network is bringing Steven Universe back to Comic-Con? You’d better believe it!  Estelle (Garnet), Michaela Dietz (Amethyst), Deedee Magno Hall (Pearl), Zach Callison (Steven), and the true Diamond Authority, series creator Rebecca Sugar will share insights about the show, epic announcements and we’re pretty sure Rebecca is bringing her ukulele. Our future-vision tells us this is a panel you won’t want to miss!

CARTOON NETWORK CREATORS: DRAWING ON INSPIRATION
2 p.m. – 3 p.m. | Room 25ABC

Meet the creators of Cartoon Network’s most beloved and exciting new shows! This talented group of creative leaders will share why they were inspired to get into animation, highlights of their paths to becoming show runners and insights on what it takes to bring stories to life. They’ll also reveal some exciting news about…  well, you’ll have to come to find out! Join Matt Burnett and Ben Levin from Craig of the Creek, Daniel Chong from We Bare Bears, Diego Molano from Victor & Valentino and Julia Pott from Summer Camp Island, moderated by Ian Jones-Quartey from OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes.

Cartoon Network Screenings and Special Events

THURSDAY, JULY 19

THE HER UNIVERSE FASHION SHOW: CARTOON NETWORK JUNIOR DESIGNER SHOWCASE
6 p.m. | Manchester Grand Hyatt - Harbor Ballroom

The 5th annual Her Universe Fashion Show is a design competition where 24 designers compete with their original “geek couture” designs for the chance to win the ultimate prize – the opportunity to design a Her Universe fashion collection for Hot Topic. Cartoon Network has sponsored the junior designer contest, where youth ages 5-17 had the opportunity to submit designs inspired by The Powerpuff Girls in celebration of the 20th Anniversary. Four winners were chosen and they will reveal their designs during the Cartoon Network Junior Designer showcase during the Her Universe Fashion Show. Hosted by actress and Her Universe Founder, Ashley Eckstein, the show will once again be held at the Manchester Grand Hyatt on Thursday, July 19th. Doors open at 5:15 p.m.

SUNDAY, JULY 22

CARTOON NETWORK BEST SUMMER EVER COSTUME BALL
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Hilton Bayfront Indigo Ballroom

Kids, get ready for the Best Costume Ball Ever! Cartoon Network is throwing the hottest party of the season and we want you to join us.  Kick off your flip flops, ditch the bathing suit and show off your chillest, most creative costumes. Oh and did we mention guest judges from some of your favorite Cartoon Network shows?  We’ll play games, share exclusive never-before-seen clips and hand out some sizzling prizes. Parents, turn up the heat by getting in on the action with a family costume.  Make your Best Summer Ever complete with a party you’ll remember all year long!
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
Re: Cartoon Network panels & events
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 11:04:13 AM »
That Adventure Time Panel will be packed to the gills.  As will Steven Universe depending on how the upcoming Steven Bomb will play out.

That Creators panel sounds pretty interesting too.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:55:36 PM »

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 12:13:02 PM »
The good news is if you're going to the adventure time panel you may not get in to the invader zim panel. :p

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 03:10:14 PM »
I'd love to go to that Adventure Time panel but feel that even being up early won't cut it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 04:04:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd love to go to that Adventure Time panel but feel that even being up early won't cut it.

I'm in the same boat but for Steven Universe.  Also, seems like they really skimped on stuff they are bringing.  Only two shows and both of them are "older" ones.  One's ending, the other is rumored to be ending. Nothing about any up and coming shows. Weird.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 10:53:16 PM »
I'm in the same boat but for Steven Universe.  Also, seems like they really skimped on stuff they are bringing.  Only two shows and both of them are "older" ones.  One's ending, the other is rumored to be ending. Nothing about any up and coming shows. Weird.
Some of the newer shows are a part of the creators panel. I was hoping for We Bare Bears, but may attend that one because the creator will be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 05:57:59 AM »
I was kind of hoping for Thundercats. 

Offline dville

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 08:31:29 AM »
I was hoping for We Bare Bears, but may attend that one because the creator will be there.

One of my all time favorite panels was We Bare Bears and I am not even ashamed to admit it.  I think I had more fun than the kids!
If stupidity got us in this mess, then why can't it get us out?

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 02:27:55 PM »
I need a Craig of the Creek panel...

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »
One of my all time favorite panels was We Bare Bears and I am not even ashamed to admit it.  I think I had more fun than the kids!

That was such a fun panel! Bobby Moynihan was hilarious.