Author Topic: WB TV panels (Arrow, The Flash, etc.), Hall H, 8pm-  (Read 15354 times)

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
Re: WB TV panels (Arrow, The Flash, etc.)
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 12:28:53 PM »
"Arrow star Stephen Amell has been tapped to serve as master of ceremonies when Warner Bros. Television Presents A Night of DC Entertainment on Saturday night, July 26, at Comic-Con 2014."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ferlingmule

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »
For those who are concerned about getting INTO the Sunday Supernatural panel, I got in line around 10:30 Saturday night last year (needed that huge pile of free nachos from Masquerade viewing in Sails Pav) and got in np. Granted, you might not be ~front and center, but I was happy.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: WB TV panels (Arrow, The Flash, etc.), Hall H, 8pm-
« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:46:27 AM »

Offline chaosdreamer

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 09:59:43 AM »
For those who are concerned about getting INTO the Sunday Supernatural panel, I got in line around 10:30 Saturday night last year (needed that huge pile of free nachos from Masquerade viewing in Sails Pav) and got in np. Granted, you might not be ~front and center, but I was happy.

We ended up in line around 2-2:30am last year and got into the Supernatural panel.  Saturday night/Sunday morning was the only time when I really missed not having a Convention Center view room from the Bayfront as it was disconcerting to pull up photos of the line already hitting the "island" that early in the morning (it was because people were so much more spread out and CCI had yet to start condensing the line...).  Also, no Doctor Who this year should help those trying to get into Supernatural.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 10:02:12 AM »
Yes! Please don't let the line scare you early in the AM. Like mentioned above, a lot of us are spread out which means the line is really maybe only half as bad as it looks. LOL

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 11:38:19 AM »
Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment: The Flash, Constantine, Arrow, and the World Premiere of Gotham with Special Appearances by Casts and Producers, Hosted by Arrow's Stephen Amell
DC fans-get ready for a superhero Saturday night, designed specifically for you! For the first time ever at Comic-Con, Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment will present a three-hour event in Hall H featuring some of DC Comics's greatest characters. Kicking off the exclusive evening is the world premiere public screening of the highly anticipated new drama seriesGotham, allowing fans their first trip into the dangerous and compelling world of the iconic city. This will be the only screening of Gotham at Comic-Con, and it will be followed by a screening of the complete pilot episode of new action-drama The Flash, as well as exclusive video presentations of returning hit Arrow and new thriller Constantine. Cast and producers from all four series will make special appearances on stage throughout the night, with the festivities to be hosted by Oliver Queen himself -- Arrow star Stephen Amell.

Gotham- Before there was Batman, there was Gotham. With a reputation synonymous with law and order, Commissioner James Gordon is one of the crime world's greatest foes. Everyone knows the name. But what is known of Gordon's rise from rookie detective to police commissioner? And what did it take to navigate the layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains-the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker? Gotham is the origin story of the great DC Comics supervillains and vigilantes, revealing a new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (The Mentalist, Rome), this one-hour drama follows one cop's rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil and chronicles the genesis of one of the most popular superheroes of our time. The series stars Ben McKenzie (Southland, The O.C.), Donal Logue (Sons of Anarchy, Vikings), Sean Pertwee (Elementary), Robin Lord Taylor (The Walking Dead), Erin Richards (Being Human), David Mazouz (Touch),Camren Bicondova, Zabryna Guevara (Burn Notice), Cory Michael Smith (Carol), Victoria Cartagena (The Good Wife), Andrew Stewart-Jones (Person of Interest), and Jada Pinkett Smith (The Matrix films), and is executive produced by Heller, Danny Cannon (Nikita), and John Stephens (Gossip Girl). From Warner Bros. Television, Gotham premieres this fall, Mondays at 8/7c on FOX.

The Flash- From the Arrow creative team of executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter, The Flash is a fast-paced superhero drama that follows the high-speed adventures of the Fastest Man Alive. Written by Berlanti, Kreisberg, and DC Entertainment's chief creative officer Geoff Johns, the action drama follows Central City police scientist Barry Allen, an everyday guy with the heart of a hero and the genuine desire to help others. Standing still emotionally since the day his mother was murdered (and his father unjustly jailed for the crime), Barry was taken in as a child by the investigating Detective West and raised in a cop's home alongside West's super-smart daughter (and Barry's dream girl), Iris. But when an unexpected and devastating accident at the S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator facility strikes Barry, he finds himself suddenly charged with the incredible power to move at super speeds. While Barry has always been a hero in his soul, his newfound powers have finally given him the ability to act like one. With a winning personality and a smile on his face, Barry Allen-aka The Flash-is finally moving forward in life...very, very fast! The series stars Grant Gustin (Arrow), Candice Patton (The Game), Rick Cosnett (The Vampire Diaries), Danielle Panabaker (Necessary Roughness), Carolos Valdes (on Broadway: Once), with Tom Cavanagh (Ed), and Jesse L. Martin (Law & Order). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, The Flash premieres this fall on Tuesdays at 8/7c on The CW.

Constantine- John Constantine is a man waging war against the forces of darkness -from both within himself and the outside world. An irreverent, working-class con man and occult expert, he's an experienced exorcist and demonologist with an extensive list of supernatural contacts, each with their own paranormal talents and abilities. Following the aftermath of a tragic incident, Constantine has voluntarily checked himself into an asylum and sworn off investigating matters of the supernatural, but when a cryptic message calls him out to reluctantly resume his old life, he finds himself saving the life of a young woman whom he's never met but is connected to in a very important way. With dark forces gathering power in the world, Constantine allies himself with Manny, a rogue warrior angel, and his giant childhood protector, Chas-the only friend who's managed to stay alive. Based on characters published by DC Entertainment, Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn't come down on the side of either good or evil...but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. The series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Harold Perrineau (Lost), and Charles Halford (True Detective) and is executive produced by Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight trilogy). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, Constantine will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC, premiering October 24.

Arrow- Arrow series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Emily Bett Rickards (Flicka: Country Pride), Colton Haynes (Teen Wolf), Willa Holland (The O.C.), Paul Blackthorne (The River), and John Barrowman (Torchwood -- with executive producers Greg Berlanti (The Flash), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), and Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) -- will take aim at San Diego with a special video presentation and discussion previewing the show's highly anticipated third season. Based upon characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, Arrow is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series returns for a third season this fall, airing Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW.
Saturday July 26, 2014 8:00pm - 11:00pm
Hall H
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »
Surprised they are starting with Gotham.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »
Surprised they are starting with Gotham.

Agree.  I thought they'd put it at the end.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 01:32:38 PM »
Still very interested to see how this panel plays out? I wonder if it will be super busy? Or could I rock up about 7 PM and get in?

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »
I always like to go to the official SDCC schedule and sort by "popular".  It provides a listing of how many people have added each of the panels to "my schedule".  Of course, that's not a precise number as many people don't use my schedule and many people might put it on their list and then end up not going, but it does give you a good indication of which panels are the most popular and therefore might draw the largest crowds.

People are just starting to add the panels that were announced today to their schedule, but the WB TV panels was already up to #28 when I checked and moving up quickly.  So I definitely think there is a lot of interest.  Most popular panel thus far is Game of Thrones with Paramount Pictures #2, The Walking Dead #3 and Marvel Television #4.  Those rankings will change once everything is announced.  Interestingly Warner Bros is running ahead of Marvel Studios in popularity.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2014, 11:39:59 AM »
I’m also very interested in seeing how this one plays out.  I’m not sure how many people who lined up at midnight to watch all the panels on Saturday are going to be up for staying in the room until 11.  Also, if you go to this then you won’t get the best seat for Sunday (and who’s going to want to camp out Saturday morning, stay there for this, and then camp out Sunday morning?)  Although Sunday Hall H doesn’t look too strong.

My opinion is that Gotham is first because it’s the only screening during Comic-Con (Arrow, Constantine, and The Flash have other panels or screenings) and that way people who are going just for Gotham will leave, giving other people a chance to get in.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:42:03 AM by hikanteki »
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2014, 05:54:38 PM »
We got in line at 7 and had no trouble getting in. They started letting people in around 7:30-7:40, but when I got in it was only about 2/3 full...there weren't that many people behind me by the time they let us in, so my guess is everyone got in.

They actually started with The Flash, then Gotham. After that (around 10) a lot of people left. They only showed clips of Constantine and Arrow. Then, most of the main characters and directors of all 4 shows came on stage! The panel must have had around 36 people.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2014, 08:22:45 PM »
For those that cared to stick around they agreed to show the entire Constantine pilot at 11pm.  Having already seen it, I left.  I think a fair number of people stuck around.

I would say after Marvel that probably more than half of Hall H cleared out.  I know our group was about 25-27 rows back and were able to move up to row 5 without any problem (and there were 8 of us).

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 10:13:12 AM »
We arrived at 8:00 and walked right in-eventually. It was pretty full by that time, but plenty of seats. They did block us off while they were letting cross traffic through, and then when they did let us by the barricade, they stopped us again-said there was "a process". I think they were just checking on seating. One funny thing is people thought seats were saved, when it was the WB bags on the chairs. I fell for it too. It was fun seeing people's happy faces when they realized it was a swag bag.
Ang

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2014, 10:22:45 AM »
We arrived at 8:00 and walked right in-eventually. It was pretty full by that time, but plenty of seats. They did block us off while they were letting cross traffic through, and then when they did let us by the barricade, they stopped us again-said there was "a process". I think they were just checking on seating. One funny thing is people thought seats were saved, when it was the WB bags on the chairs. I fell for it too. It was fun seeing people's happy faces when they realized it was a swag bag.

This was the real reason they waited so long to let people outside into the Hall.  After most people exited the Hall after Marvel they waited for people still in the Hall to move up.  Then they started handing out the swag bags and placing them on all the empty seats.  It probably would have been easier if after giving it to those who stayed in the Hall if they just would have handed them to others as they entered.  I think it took nearly an hour to resolve the bag situation before they started letting more people in.