Author Topic: SDCC 2015 Cosplay Photos, videos and more...  (Read 3567 times)

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
SDCC 2015 Cosplay Photos, videos and more...
« on: July 21, 2015, 08:53:28 AM »
Hey everyone! Most of my SDCC photos have been uploaded to my Facebook cosplay account:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I have two cosplay galleries: one of me with other cosplayers and another with only cosplayers from the convention. This was the first time that I cosplayed as three different characters at a show (Indigo Lantern John Stewart, Future Static Shock, Morpheus), so I wanted to capture images of my efforts.

I also have a separate folder gallery with photos of the event, surrounding areas crowds, lines and statues inside the exhibit hall. In addition, I found and posted two cosplay videos that I happened to be in, albeit brief.

I had a great time this year at SDCC and I hope everyone else that went also had fun.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: SDCC 2015 Cosplay Photos, videos and more...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 11:39:25 AM »
Lots of great photos!  Thanks for sharing!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:30:06 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
Those look terrific! I can see how much effort you put into collecting such great photos.

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »
Thanks, folks! Believe it or not, I had taken over 500 photos from the convention, and out of all the years that I've been attending, this is the least amount of photos I've captured, mostly because I was in costume the majority of the time, and it's difficult to carry around a camera.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 05:10:33 PM »
Thanks, folks! Believe it or not, I had taken over 500 photos from the convention, and out of all the years that I've been attending, this is the least amount of photos I've captured, mostly because I was in costume the majority of the time, and it's difficult to carry around a camera.

That's still a lot of photos!  In previous years, what is the average number of photos you normally take at Comic-Con?

Thanks for sharing with us on the forums!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 08:33:13 AM »
That's still a lot of photos!  In previous years, what is the average number of photos you normally take at Comic-Con?

Thanks for sharing with us on the forums!

In prior years, I've taken up to nearly 1000 photos. I used to provide blog coverage for SDCC and other major conventions (ECCC, Wizard World, NYCC), hoping to parlay that into an SDCC Press badge, but to no avail. I usually bring 3 cameras: a Canon DSLR, a compact Canon and a Kodak. I didn't get to use the DSLR this year because it's too bulky to carry around when I'm in costume.

Typically, I designate Preview Night and Thursday as my time for exclusive hunting, so there weren't many images to capture while I was standing around and waiting in line. If I saw a cool-looking costume, I would call them over, but those times were few and far between.

Using my compact Canon, I made a video traversing the entire, crowded convention floor in the middle of the day (while in costume), meaning walking from Artist Alley to the video game section. It took about 15 minutes. I still have yet to upload that video, but when I do, I will post it on my cosplay page. It should be a hoot!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:02:24 AM by sylent_asassin »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 08:51:54 PM »
In prior years, I've taken up to nearly 1000 photos. I used to provide blog coverage for SDCC and other major conventions (ECCC, Wizard World, NYCC), hoping to parlay that into an SDCC Press badge, but to no avail. I usually bring 3 cameras: a Canon DSLR, a compact Canon and a Kodak. I didn't get to use the DSLR this year because it's too bulky to carry around when I'm in costume.

Typically, I designate Preview Night and Thursday as my time for exclusive hunting, so there weren't many images to capture while I was standing around and waiting in line. If I saw a cool-looking costume, I would call them over, but those times were few and far between.

Using my compact Canon, I made a video traversing the entire, crowded convention floor in the middle of the day (while in costume), meaning walking from Artist Alley to the video game section. It took about 15 minutes. I still have yet to upload that video, but when I do, I will post it on my cosplay page. It should be a hoot!

An impressive number of photos and a good stash of photography equipment!  @__@ 

That sounds cool.  I'm sure that video will be interesting to see!

(Honestly, if I had my own DSLR, I'm certain I would make more of an effort to take more photos at Comic-Con and take advantage of customizing the manual settings.  Right now, I only use my cell phone camera, which isn't as customizable.  My point-and-shoot Canon camera broke when I was abroad, and I haven't replaced it yet... >__<)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:21 PM »
An impressive number of photos and a good stash of photography equipment!  @__@ 

That sounds cool.  I'm sure that video will be interesting to see!

(Honestly, if I had my own DSLR, I'm certain I would make more of an effort to take more photos at Comic-Con and take advantage of customizing the manual settings.  Right now, I only use my cell phone camera, which isn't as customizable.  My point-and-shoot Canon camera broke when I was abroad, and I haven't replaced it yet... >__<)

Yeah, like I mentioned, I was hoping to parlay all of that blog and photographic coverage into a press badge, but I was denied. They didn't even provide a reason that would be helpful for the future.  :-\ Ah well...

I posted the SDCC exhibit hall walk-through video on my cosplay page if you or anyone else is interested. I was in costume, so as I walk buy a few people, you can hear them say, "It's Morpheus" or "cool costume" under their breath as they pass by. LOL!

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 02:53:21 PM »
John Stewart?  I thought you were Road Block from GI Joe.

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 08:23:16 AM »
John Stewart?  I thought you were Road Block from GI Joe.

You know, I originally intended on cosplaying as a fat ninja, but figured nobody would want to see that. ;)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 08:29:31 AM »
Fat Ninja... why does that sound like a new comic book hero?

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 09:11:55 AM »
It might be a comic book character someday, but there was sort of a movie.

But I like this better:

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 09:29:58 AM »
Fat Ninja would be more relatable to the average Joe. Instead of having swords and throwing stars, he could use cutlery sets as weapons and the crème filling from Ho Ho's, Ding Dong's and Twinkie's to blind his enemies. I would buy that title!  :P

Offline JoAngel20

• Freebie Table
  • Nothing lasts forever...
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 06:06:22 PM »
Truly amazing outfits! I can't wait to cosplay next year!
"Thank you for your cooperation"