Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Open Registration Buying Groups  (Read 13105 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: SDCC 2018 Open Registration Buying Groups
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2017, 10:01:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who participated in this year's buying groups. We had great success, and this is due to the diligence, dedication and perseverence of our members. COngratulations to all who got badges!

I would also like to say a special thanks to [member=3724]jristen[/member] and [member=2339]NCDS[/member] , without whom we would not have the technology to keep us organized and help each other, and to [member=1]alyssa[/member] for starting this great site and letting it be our playground.

And of course the fabulous group leaders deserve a shout-out as well! [member=842]TardisMom[/member] [member=2205]Batgirl[/member] [member=3884]mlgagne[/member] [member=473]epicaz[/member] [member=2173]Louie_rob_m[/member] [member=5448]wolfgirl1272[/member] [member=4801]BenEatsRice[/member] [member=5606]tsnyder[/member] [member=2091]sefton42[/member] [member=4050]jon.reynolds[/member]
DEFINITELY thank you too all the behind-the-scenes leaders who take care of us knuckleheads!  This was my first time in a buying group, and things went incredibly smooth.  I had a personal little SNAFU during Returning Reg. though I got lucky w/another family member helping me out and getting me in for badges I wanted.  I was able to reciprocate and help out during General Reg. and it was awesome watching our group's spread sheet continue to 'light up' and go "green" as members were getting their badges.  IIRC 100% of the group got at least 2 days of badges (or one day if that's all they needed/wanted) and it was awesome after almost 20 years of attending Comic-Con to see the group-buying in action.
Thanks to [member=5606]tsnyder[/member] for managing our group, expeditiously answering questions and constantly communicating with the group.  I'd done an informal group other years with great luck, but it felt good knowing there was a group helping to back me up.  I don't know if this year's success was better than past years or if this was the general 'average' but it was a great experience!

Thanks to FOCC group leaders and members: we seemingly rocked

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2017, 03:37:09 PM »
Damn I wish I would have seen this but I was busy getting shut out being next up in my buying group.
Also had 2 friends who got completely shut out. I told them without a buying group it's too tough.
Maybe the way I worded it scared some people. I didn’t want any money from anyone I just wanted to help out and I couldn’t find any buying group links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 01:11:28 AM »

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »
Once the badge sale started I think most people were focused on their buying group page and that darn spinning blue circle.
Next year I'll have an eye on the forum as well.

Offline Thereisanother

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 34
SDCC 2018 Open Registration Buying Groups
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2017, 06:26:48 PM »
Maybe the way I worded it scared some people. I didn’t want any money from anyone I just wanted to help out and I couldn’t find any buying group links.

I felt the same way for returning registration! Maybe I’m missing where I could post. In the future is there an official thread I should post in for people looking for last minute openings (group or individual)?

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2017, 06:50:08 AM »

Sorry, I didn't contact you either, I saw your message but figured that you'd be bombarded with requests and then saw your second message 15 minutes later when it was too late and was kicking myself... thanks for the offer though.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2017, 08:10:24 AM »
This is exactly the kind of situation for which the buying groups were designed. I agree that when the sale is happening, people in the buying groups should be focused on their own spreadsheets/buying group chat and their buying windows. It is not reasonable to have people checking the forums as well during that time.