Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Open Registration: How did you do?  (Read 8134 times)

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
Re: SDCC 2019 Open Registration: How did you do?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2018, 06:38:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Our group had 32 people looking for badges, 12 looking for PN-only (who had 4 days from the presale) then the rest looking for full weekend or various other days. Interestingly, we had a bunch of people get in at the beginning and were able to get PN for all 12 PN-only people & full weekend/PN for 4 others! But, our rate of entry slowed down after that so unfortunately missed Saturday for a few people. But we were able to get the other days for the rest of the list.

I've never been in this situation, but I've always wondered about the logistics of balancing wanting to get PN vs wanting to get everyone in the group at least the main days. So if I got 4 days during Returning Reg and am looking for PN, if I get in immediately, do I give up my slot to someone who doesn't have any days, or do I grab myself PN.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2018, 06:45:05 PM »
I already had PN but had 4 more codes to run today for the group.  1 got in for Sunday only but by that time the entire group already had been bought for so I wasn't much help.  My first thanks goes to the awesome FOCC folks that put together the spreadsheets and forum, wouldn't be going to SDCC without you.  Second thanks is to the members of the cross group that hooked some of my folks out, you made a bunch of people super happy.  Finally, thanks so much to my awesome buying group!  They were amazing today, such a bunch of rock stars working together.  I won't throw his name out but we had 1 person in particular that got in 6 times and bought 18 badges for our group!!!!!  Needless to say I believe he is on a flight to Vegas right now  :P

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 07:53:02 AM »

Offline Zod1966

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 08:06:33 PM »
I've never been in this situation, but I've always wondered about the logistics of balancing wanting to get PN vs wanting to get everyone in the group at least the main days. So if I got 4 days during Returning Reg and am looking for PN, if I get in immediately, do I give up my slot to someone who doesn't have any days, or do I grab myself PN.

I can’t speak for everyone but personally speaking if I already had 4 days then I’d rather give up my slot for someone who doesn’t have any days. I’m quite okay with sacrificing preview night in exchange for making someone very happy.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2018, 10:48:18 PM »

Cant speak for every group but you buy for yourself and whoever is on top of the list. in ours, priority for OpenReg is given first to those who didn’t get the main days during RetReg, then to those who were at RetReg and want PN and finally to new members.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2018, 11:53:09 PM »

Yes, it is a balancing act. For our group, we sort them by which day is likely to sell out first, but within each sort group it’s randomized. So at the top of the list would be all requests with PN (so PN only as well as 4 days+PN) then people who want 4 days (or days including Saturday), Friday, and finally people who only want Thurs/Sun.

Most of the time we aren’t able to get too many people PN but are able to get everything else (or nearly everything else). This year was an anomaly; for some reason we had more people get in at the beginning than the middle, so we knocked out all the PN requests but missed Saturday for a few people. We did get the other days for everyone that wanted them though, so no one was shut out.

SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2018, 10:22:00 PM »
We had six people left over after returning registration (newbies who'd just joined.) Thirteen codes running, the rest of my group's codes were tied up in PN days and unable to participate.

We had three sessions get in before Saturday sold out. So we got our 3x 4-day badges and 3x Fri-Sat. badges for our group, basically exactly what they wanted each.

I sent the additional code that got in to Lauranna, on the forum, to buy for her people and Xircuits. Other than that, to my knowledge none of the other ten codes got in. I found her trying via the shoutbox and sent her the possible codes. Basically, I mixed up which code was which in each browser I had open, so she had to try four codes to find the correct one (SORRY!) I'm uncertain as to which type of badges she bought, but that's not important.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:24:05 PM by Iris »
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline CarrieD

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2018, 05:00:44 AM »
We had 15 codes running for 8 badges, 3 just need preview night, 3 were first timers and wanted all days and 2 wanted Thursday, Friday & Saturday.  The rest of my friends had gotten the days they wanted in Returning Reg. We were able to get the 3 PN and the 3 first timers everything but the 2 other badges we just got Thursday. We are quite happy with what we were able to get. Now it is just to book flights etc.
SDCC 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
SWCO 2017
FanExpo Canada 2018
Montreal CC  2016, 2019, 2022
Ottawa CC 2016, 2017

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 05:20:51 AM »
My group did excellent...  we got everyone a badge but sadly a lot of my PN only did not hit.  I was running 15 codes to help the group and got to get 9 badges for people.

We even got to help our other new group so was pretty awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 05:52:25 AM »
Has everyone at least gotten a receipt yet? My buying group buddy hasn't received a receipt and no one has received confirmations yet.

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 05:58:26 AM »
Has everyone at least gotten a receipt yet? My buying group buddy hasn't received a receipt and no one has received confirmations yet.

I got 1 out of 3 yesterday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 07:25:10 AM »
First year I try the sale and got nothing :/ 
looks like it's back to volunteering for the 5th straight year,
I don't mind it at all I look on the bright side I still get to go :D

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 09:43:09 AM »
8 in our group and only 1 code got in to buy thur/sun. All other codes never got in. It kind of hurt after we all got completely shut out in Pre-reg, but at least its something!

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 09:49:37 AM »

Being it 50th anniversary I bet there's going to be lots of offsites

Last year I only volunteered on Friday, I spent all Saturday and Sunday on offsites!

There's so much more you can do there :D

Offline KingKzin

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2018, 10:12:00 AM »
I got completely shut out in pre-reg and open reg after getting PN+4 last year. Thanks to the buying group mirror my wife got a Sunday ticket and that last minute. So she gets to go next year and we will probably try to do Wondercon and/or D23.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2018, 10:17:11 AM »
Being it 50th anniversary I bet there's going to be lots of offsites

Last year I only volunteered on Friday, I spent all Saturday and Sunday on offsites!

There's so much more you can do there :D

Thursday is the best offsite day.  The locals are still working so it's light.  Saturday is crazy.  I hunker down at comic-con on Saturday.

I got nothing as usual.  Being locked out of open reg is one of my comic-con traditions.