Author Topic: FoCC Fantasy Football league 2016  (Read 34541 times)

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
Re: FoCC Fantasy Football league 2016
« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2016, 06:17:12 AM »
I ended up losing. That performance from Bell gave me false hope lol. I hate that I put so much faith in Seahawks defense/special teams. Not anymore though , next year they are on my avoid list, and I won't be afraid to start players going against them.

This was a fun season, lots of injuries, but that kept us playing the waiver wire. I'm glad most of you were active on the waivers too. Kept things challenging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheOtherMel

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2016, 09:35:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ended up losing. That performance from Bell gave me false hope lol. I hate that I put so much faith in Seahawks defense/special teams. Not anymore though , next year they are on my avoid list, and I won't be afraid to start players going against them.

This was a fun season, lots of injuries, but that kept us playing the waiver wire. I'm glad most of you were active on the waivers too. Kept things challenging

Good game [member=1233]jopari[/member]!  I was holding out hope for Tom Brady when he got off to a slow start then he started to come on and Dixon was a nice surprise.
Twitter feed: @mel641

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #332 on: Today at 06:21:15 AM »

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2016, 10:41:56 AM »
Congrats to [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] ! It's been a rough league here this year! I did win my first playoff game in my money league though, so I'm taking this one a bit softer. Maybe I can be King of the Losers here!
Thanks Mel! I'm expecting thorough humiliation from the defending champ this week.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2016, 08:13:31 PM »
Everyone plays this week! Rams against the Seahawks Thursday night, I feel sorry for the Rams.

8 teams are still vying for the top overall spot, (I don't know if I mentioned it but I figured grand prize goes to the league winner with the highest score in finals week.) We'll need a few extra prizes this year but I have plenty of time to hit the thrift shops and yard sales.

In one league we have [member=414]karatekid[/member] versus [member=2143]Mel.I.Am[/member] as well as [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] versus last year's champ Jason.

In the Otter there's [member=2835]straightline3[/member] against [member=5544]Deathbyjackal[/member] as well as 2 of the next generation showing us how it's all done, Jay against Emily.

Good luck everyone!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #334 on: December 15, 2016, 08:23:06 PM »
so everyone will laugh... i got half way into watching the game & all of a sudden realized i hadn't set my team for this week.... luckily i didn't have anyone playing tonight
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #335 on: December 17, 2016, 01:33:27 PM »
so everyone will laugh... i got half way into watching the game & all of a sudden realized i hadn't set my team for this week.... luckily i didn't have anyone playing tonight

See, you're a natural!

On a similar note. Dolphins and Jets play tonight.

Offline TheOtherMel

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #336 on: December 20, 2016, 10:01:24 AM »
Congrats Crane Kicks, nice week sir!  I'll get ya next year though!  Good luck in the Championship!

Thanks again for putting this together Mark!
Twitter feed: @mel641

Offline jclemy

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2016, 05:22:27 AM »
Fantasy Football FOMO! I think the funniest times are when you set your lineup and have a panic moment that you didn't. Happens in the worst places.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #338 on: December 22, 2016, 08:47:53 AM »
Alright! Finals week starts tonight with the Giants v the Eagles. Most of the rest of the games are on Saturday, with just Steelers-Ravens and Chiefs-Broncos on Sunday.

Not everyone plays this week, just 8 teams per league. But we have [member=2835]straightline3[/member] versus Emily and [member=414]karatekid[/member] versus Jason for the championship of their leagues and the overall title.

Good luck to all!

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2016, 06:38:18 PM »
Our season ended yesterday, this was once again a very competitive group and thanks to everyone who participated. Here are the results!

The league winners were Jason and [member=2835]straightline3[/member] , straightline3 scored higher in the finals and I am proud to award him this year's FoCC FF Booster Gold award in honor of heroism, the demonstration of advanced football knowledge and possible access to time travel technology.

Congratulations!

It just occurred to me that I've only been announcing things in the forums so Jason (last year's winner) might not know there is a whole other league vying for the grand prize. I'll let mickeyjack3 break the news.  Rest assured, there will be very special prizes for the top 2 finishers in each league

At the other end of things, [member=13]Carlo[/member] and Woodbury Walkers (who I think is a forum member but I can't figure out who) came in 12th place in their leagues, but Carlo scored lower in the last game and I am proud to award him this year's FoCC FF Bizarro Best Prize!

I loved that series so much.

We won't do anything with prizes until the summer, so jopari still has plenty of time to add inspirational notes to the book, perhaps a favorite Moscow Mule recipe?

Here are the standings in each league. In one league:
  • Jason, friend of [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member]
  • [member=414]karatekid[/member] 
  • [member=2143]Mel.I.Am[/member] 
  • [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] 
  • [member=2226]Mel[/member] 
  • [member=1233]jopari[/member] 
  • [member=5427]jclemy[/member]
  • Yours truly
  • Bellsprouts, friend of [member=2226]Mel[/member]
  • [member=2988]shavri[/member] 
  • [member=3906]dcuodust[/member] 
  • [member=13]Carlo[/member] 

And in the otter:
  • [member=2835]straightline3[/member]
  • Emily, daughter of mark
  • [member=5544]Deathbyjackal[/member] 
  • Jay, son of [member=2143]Mel.I.Am[/member] 
  • [member=3906]dcuodust[/member] 2
  • [member=846]rando[/member]
  • Gavin, son of mark
  • [member=1]alyssa[/member] 
  • [member=2389]Mario Wario[/member] 
  • [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] 2
  • [member=819]brand4d2[/member] 
  • Woodbury Walkers

I'll post another note about the recaps, and their recent absence, but thanks again to everyone. We'll have at least 3 open spots for next year, let me know if anyone wants to participate.   :)

Offline straightline3

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #340 on: December 27, 2016, 07:10:57 PM »
For the record, my team got lucky at the right time, and it was a fun and competitive season! I only use time travel for Good, and making winning bets on sporting events I know the outcome to.

Had fun playing all you people! And a special shoutout to Mark for his excellent work all year!
There are only two seasons in the year: Fantasy Football Season and San Diego Comic-Con Season!!

Cheers!
Straightline3
aka Sir Isaac Lime

Offline jclemy

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #341 on: December 27, 2016, 07:43:47 PM »
That was a lot of fun! This last week was such a close match it made it easier to stay interested when my (actual) team was playing horrible.

Thanks for the great season everyone!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline tk415650

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 39
« Reply #342 on: December 27, 2016, 09:33:59 PM »
Thanks for letting the Woodbury Walkers play- Yahoo drafted me a truly horrible team and I could never really score anything off waivers or FA.

Thus I got my skull bashed in week after week but hey it was fun and hope to play again next year and maybe i'll see some of you in San Diego in July!

Walkers out.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #343 on: December 28, 2016, 04:20:30 AM »
thanks [member=4270]mark[/member] for running both leagues and to everyone for helping a newbie learn.  it was fun & i'll be back next year.
bridge crew
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #344 on: December 28, 2016, 04:49:32 AM »
Our season ended yesterday, this was once again a very competitive group and thanks to everyone who participated. Here are the results!

The league winners were Jason and [member=2835]straightline3[/member] , straightline3 scored higher in the finals and I am proud to award him this year's FoCC FF Booster Gold award in honor of heroism, the demonstration of advanced football knowledge and possible access to time travel technology.

Congratulations!

It just occurred to me that I've only been announcing things in the forums so Jason (last year's winner) might not know there is a whole other league vying for the grand prize. I'll let mickeyjack3 break the news.  Rest assured, there will be very special prizes for the top 2 finishers in each league

At the other end of things, [member=13]Carlo[/member] and Woodbury Walkers (who I think is a forum member but I can't figure out who) came in 12th place in their leagues, but Carlo scored lower in the last game and I am proud to award him this year's FoCC FF Bizarro Best Prize!

I loved that series so much.

We won't do anything with prizes until the summer, so jopari still has plenty of time to add inspirational notes to the book, perhaps a favorite Moscow Mule recipe?

Here are the standings in each league. In one league:
  • Jason, friend of [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member]
  • [member=414]karatekid[/member] 
  • [member=2143]Mel.I.Am[/member] 
  • [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] 
  • [member=2226]Mel[/member] 
  • [member=1233]jopari[/member] 
  • [member=5427]jclemy[/member]
  • Yours truly
  • Bellsprouts, friend of [member=2226]Mel[/member]
  • [member=2988]shavri[/member] 
  • [member=3906]dcuodust[/member] 
  • [member=13]Carlo[/member] 

And in the otter:
  • [member=2835]straightline3[/member]
  • Emily, daughter of mark
  • [member=5544]Deathbyjackal[/member] 
  • Jay, son of [member=2143]Mel.I.Am[/member] 
  • [member=3906]dcuodust[/member] 2
  • [member=846]rando[/member]
  • Gavin, son of mark
  • [member=1]alyssa[/member] 
  • [member=2389]Mario Wario[/member] 
  • [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] 2
  • [member=819]brand4d2[/member] 
  • Woodbury Walkers

I'll post another note about the recaps, and their recent absence, but thanks again to everyone. We'll have at least 3 open spots for next year, let me know if anyone wants to participate.   :)
I play in several ffl leagues, but this one is easily the most fun! Thanks to Mark for the awesome job as commissioner, especially the amazing updates! I've been keeping Jason in the loop on both leagues. Dang, I came close to beating him in the semifinals, but no such luck. I'll hope to see you all in July pending the registration process.