Author Topic: i wonder how many "guests" use this site for information... without ever posting  (Read 7971 times)

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
this site has it's uses. and they are many. but alot can be gleaned without ever posting. i wonder who all the "guests" are. at the bottom of the site, it lists how many are registered, and who, are online at any given time. always the unregistered outnumber the registered.

would it be worth the time to block out those who do not register to post? or limit them? what would be the boons? or drawbacks?

could convention tips only be seen by "posters" then?

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
The Truth Is Lurkers Are Out There

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
lurkers become posters when they want something like sdcc badges or hotels or parking
till then they view way more ads then members
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
Forum Housekeeping:

Moved from "Other Comic Cons and Conventions" to "Forum Help and Technical FAQs" (since this thread is basically related to forum members and the technicality of posting on the forums, not about conventions or other comic cons).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline michelleeddington0523

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
this site has it's uses. and they are many. but alot can be gleaned without ever posting. i wonder who all the "guests" are. at the bottom of the site, it lists how many are registered, and who, are online at any given time. always the unregistered outnumber the registered.

would it be worth the time to block out those who do not register to post? or limit them? what would be the boons? or drawbacks?

could convention tips only be seen by "posters" then?
Me personally, I just founded out about this forum three weeks ago, via a friend. It's alot of information  to process, but it's very good know. Most of the time, I read topics and sometimes I reply. I enjoy learn all this info, so I am prepared when I actually get tickets.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I am just here to make friends and joining a purchasing group. Hoping to be an SDCC2018 attendee

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
[member=6921]michelleeddington0523[/member]   If you are worried about getting a badge in future years, please consider joining a buying group on this site. At FoCC, we help each other out with all aspects of the SDCC experience, including buying badges. We will announce buying groups for SDCC 2018 in the fall.

Offline michelleeddington0523

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
[member=6921]michelleeddington0523[/member]   If you are worried about getting a badge in future years, please consider joining a buying group on this site. At FoCC, we help each other out with all aspects of the SDCC experience, including buying badges. We will announce buying groups for SDCC 2018 in the fall.
Thanks, I want to go to SDCC2018. So, right now all of this info is very helpful.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I am just here to make friends and joining a purchasing group. Hoping to be an SDCC2018 attendee

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
Confession: Honestly, I was a lurker for about a year before I actually joined! I ended up joining because you had to in order to access certain links that were posted. I don't post a lot, but I do lurk quite a bit!

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
I was definitely just a lurker for quite a while and then got drawn in to exchange off site tickets with others.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
Indeed... there are a few perks here and there to joining the forum community, such as being able to use the PM system and coordinate with other forum members for hotel exchanges/giveaways, parking permit requests, off-site ticket purchases or swaps, and meet-up plans; ask questions in threads that no one may have even though about and get some good answers; and so forth. 

(As [member=1817]Violet[/member] mentioned, yes, it is true that forum members with officially registered accounts can see links, while "Guests" do not.  Gotta tell you, sometimes, there are useful or cool links around.)

^__^;
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557

I never post :)

I know a lot of good members who don't post much but do a lot for the forum.  Post count tells you a lot but sometimes their actions can tell you more.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Can't take credit for this (I think it was Transmute Jun's idea), but if there is any information you don't want non-forum members to see, mark it with the "spoiler" function.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Can't take credit for this (I think it was Transmute Jun's idea), but if there is any information you don't want non-forum members to see, mark it with the "spoiler" function.

FREE BEER AT
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
!!!

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
FREE BEER AT
!!!

There ya go.  :)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
You guys are so
!