Author Topic: Getting wrong captcha verification in PM deletes recipient name  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Alansmithee

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
So if you press preview and get it wrong when sending a message it deletes recipient which is not helpful to say the least.  I forget if it deletes even if you get it right because I don't feel like testing it.  Verification is...kinda tedious enough as it is.  All due respect, I don't know how necessary the measures are but it seems like overkill.  If it's been discussed I apologize, I only tend to login during con season

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
Re: Getting wrong captcha verification in PM deletes recipient name
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 07:12:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So if you press preview and get it wrong when sending a message it deletes recipient which is not helpful to say the least.  I forget if it deletes even if you get it right because I don't feel like testing it.  Verification is...kinda tedious enough as it is.  All due respect, I don't know how necessary the measures are but it seems like overkill.  If it's been discussed I apologize, I only tend to login during con season

Sorry for the delay in responding. We will look into this.

I know some security measures are required (especially during the con and badge/hotel season) to prevent a malicious attack against the site and reduce the load on the databases.

A hacker could send thousands of PMs to every member in a manner of seconds as an example. Hence the need for a captcha.

However I’m sure we can find a way to make exceptions for long term members. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons