Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Ace Parking Discussion Thread  (Read 33788 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: SDCC 2019 Ace Parking Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2019, 12:57:14 AM »
This interruption of the regular sale happened in 2014 as well

Update from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

UPDATE: 5/14/19

The reservation site will be unavailable on Friday so we can address a technical issue that we experienced on Monday.

Group 2 sale is scheduled for 5/20/19 at 10 AM.

Offline stadiumarcadia

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2019, 01:13:18 AM »
ADA scooter dude here. I have two bad feet from years of conventions (standing in lines for long hours with bad shoes). Any help or advice is extremely appreciated. I’ve been attending SDCC since 2009. I’ve been fortunate enough to get at least four days passes for the Con each year. This year I wasn’t so lucky. I’m only going for Thursday and Sunday. I have a scooter rented inside the convention center. So at the very least I have to go to the convention center to pickup my scooter.

I’m having major anxiety about this. I’m just looking for some guidance. My family is staying further out about 30 minutes out from Gas Lamp so parking is key to my survival.

I didn’t make into round one for parking. Am I better off parking further out and catching an Uber/Lyft to get closer to the convention center and off-sites or do I just feed the scumbag eBay scalpers $289 for parking at the convention center?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #302 on: Today at 12:07:25 PM »

Offline ratcub

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2019, 06:09:56 AM »
stadiumarcadia:
 "Am I better off parking further out and catching an Uber/Lyft to get closer to the convention center and off-sites or do I just feed the scumbag eBay scalpers $289 for parking at the convention center? "

I also requested parking (preferably convention center) in the parking exchange forum.  I'd give that option a coulple of weeks to see if you luck out, and someone offers you a parking pass.  For you and me, having that close parking is vital.  Although I sometimes have to wait for long periods of time to get on the elevator with my scooter, any saved steps, avoided ramps and no railroad track crossings, is a great plus.  I'm not sure where the uber/lyft/cab drop of was last year, or is this year; I guess you could go to the Hilton or Marriott to get one.  Or the trolley, train is still an option?  Getting my scooter on the trolley during any near peak time is a challange.  at 2 in the afternoon, not so bad, but hey, who wants to be on the trolley during CC hours?? 

Offline stadiumarcadia

• Freebie Table
« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2019, 08:02:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
stadiumarcadia:
 "Am I better off parking further out and catching an Uber/Lyft to get closer to the convention center and off-sites or do I just feed the scumbag eBay scalpers $289 for parking at the convention center? "

I also requested parking (preferably convention center) in the parking exchange forum.  I'd give that option a coulple of weeks to see if you luck out, and someone offers you a parking pass.  For you and me, having that close parking is vital.  Although I sometimes have to wait for long periods of time to get on the elevator with my scooter, any saved steps, avoided ramps and no railroad track crossings, is a great plus.  I'm not sure where the uber/lyft/cab drop of was last year, or is this year; I guess you could go to the Hilton or Marriott to get one.  Or the trolley, train is still an option?  Getting my scooter on the trolley during any near peak time is a challange.  at 2 in the afternoon, not so bad, but hey, who wants to be on the trolley during CC hours??
Thank you!

Offline fdiskmbr

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2019, 04:19:22 PM »
ADA scooter dude here. I have two bad feet from years of conventions (standing in lines for long hours with bad shoes). Any help or advice is extremely appreciated. I’ve been attending SDCC since 2009. I’ve been fortunate enough to get at least four days passes for the Con each year. This year I wasn’t so lucky. I’m only going for Thursday and Sunday. I have a scooter rented inside the convention center. So at the very least I have to go to the convention center to pickup my scooter.

I’m having major anxiety about this. I’m just looking for some guidance. My family is staying further out about 30 minutes out from Gas Lamp so parking is key to my survival.

I didn’t make into round one for parking. Am I better off parking further out and catching an Uber/Lyft to get closer to the convention center and off-sites or do I just feed the scumbag eBay scalpers $289 for parking at the convention center?

When I had convention parking, I think 4 years ago, I remember pulling in and another car tried to park showing their disabled parking.  They turned them away telling them they had to get there earlier.  So you might be able to park in the convention center without the permit IF you get there super early.  I would call Ace parking first if you plan on trying this.  If you have to have convention center and bayfront is too far, I think your only other option is evil bay, I mean ebay.

Offline DriverJC

• Freebie Table
  • Cons are a way of Life; RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2019, 05:26:03 AM »
I got a reply to me emailed question of "What happens if the selections we made when you had the glitch are sold out come Friday the 17th?".

Their response was short and to the point.

"If you want to purchase parking now you can, Friday you will participate in a separate sale. "

However, when I logged on to the website I found that HBF and CC was still blocked out for me. This kind of makes me leery that they will have my account unscrewed tomorrow morning to be able to purchase HBF parking.

Here's hoping everything goes well tomorrow.
Joel.

Offline stadiumarcadia

• Freebie Table
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2019, 09:19:29 AM »
I got a reply to me emailed question of "What happens if the selections we made when you had the glitch are sold out come Friday the 17th?".

Their response was short and to the point.

"If you want to purchase parking now you can, Friday you will participate in a separate sale. "

However, when I logged on to the website I found that HBF and CC was still blocked out for me. This kind of makes me leery that they will have my account unscrewed tomorrow morning to be able to purchase HBF parking.

Here's hoping everything goes well tomorrow.
Joel.
Typical response from Ace.

Their company motto is we are going to announce something, screw it up, never admit we can fix it or mitigate the error, and that is because we have everyone’s money already.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2019, 09:54:21 PM »
So I'm guessing after tomorrow we'll find out what's still left for Group 2?  Assuming everything goes well.

And I remember when they FUBARed that parking situation.  I recall some person had used a debit card and got charged like 8 times or something crazy.  Hopefully everyone who got affected got their charges dropped easy.

Offline ratcub

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
« Reply #308 on: May 17, 2019, 10:09:03 AM »
any word on how this Friday do-over is going??

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #309 on: May 17, 2019, 10:32:54 AM »
Twitter reports include success with CC and HBF lots.

Offline ratcub

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »
thanks.. I don't participate in twitter or facebook or myspace or six degrees...

Offline agent00dragon

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2019, 10:42:29 AM »
I was part of the redux today and it went really smoothly. I was able to get HBF with no site crashes or glitches and got my confirmation email almost immediately.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline DriverJC

• Freebie Table
  • Cons are a way of Life; RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #312 on: May 17, 2019, 10:47:15 AM »
I just ordered my HBF for 5 Days.  No glitches and everything worked great.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #313 on: May 17, 2019, 12:09:35 PM »
Anyone have any updates on inventory for the Group 2 folks? 
You would need a group 1 that you didn't use to check.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #314 on: May 17, 2019, 04:51:36 PM »
The special sale is due to end in 10 minutes.  Not sure how long Ace will take to open up the reservation site for group 1's who haven't previously bought their slots or see availability.

Congrats to [member=3375]agent00dragon[/member] [member=6788]DriverJC[/member] on the parking news!