Author Topic: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC  (Read 138251 times)

Offline Jason

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
Re: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC
« Reply #390 on: July 16, 2018, 09:00:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Kind of a noob question, but is there a list somewhere of all the signings that aren't through the SDCC lottery portal?  The only one I'm aware of is The Walking Dead (which I'm not sure how to try for).

I got nothing through the lottery and now I'm seeing a ton of posts on FB of people who got stuff they didn't want, trying to trade for other stuff. :(

For The Walking Dead, you need to go through the booth experience and then pull a ticket at the end. The earlier you go the better, because they just throw the losers back in the bag. I have never won but I did see two people winning last year.

Offline Karin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #391 on: July 17, 2018, 06:09:39 PM »
Do we have any idea what the WB signings will be yet? They are gonna tell us before the con day aren't they? Haha

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #392 on: Today at 01:01:59 PM »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #392 on: July 17, 2018, 07:52:35 PM »
More like day of? Lol.

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #393 on: July 17, 2018, 10:27:54 PM »
Do we have any idea what the WB signings will be yet? They are gonna tell us before the con day aren't they? Haha

Aquaman, Shazam, Godzilla, Lego Movie 2, and Fantastic Beasts

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #394 on: July 18, 2018, 01:59:20 AM »
Missed this with all the info that's been flowing through today, but according to SDCC's Unofficial Blog updated Voltron info, seems like the Limited Tickets will be done the normal way like in years past.

Maybe this is an exception.  Maybe SDCC will change their minds later.  But for now, this gives us some insight that the Autograph system will be in place for only the big booths signings and not for Limited Signings in the Sails.

Update on Voltron guests at the signing

from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

@Voltron 12h12 hours ago

Plan accordingly Paladins. See you soon! #Voltron #SDCC2018 @Comic_Con

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #395 on: July 19, 2018, 06:04:31 PM »
WB TV signing schedule

eta: Added TV to description above.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:23:25 AM by Angology »
Ang

Offline Neckron666

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #396 on: November 07, 2018, 12:28:33 PM »
I have a question around the exclusive signings. My friend won Krypton signing this year and had to go to Sails in the morning to get a special wristband showing ID, badge and confirmation. My question is if I didnt win a signing for 2019 but wanted to go to one could i buy the signing off someone and have them come to sails with me in the morning and have me get the wristband instead of them (they say please give this person the wristband here's my confirmation etc). Its nice getting a signed poster but i want to be the one getting it from the people rather than them selling it to me after the signing.

Offline realninjaturtle

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #397 on: November 07, 2018, 12:33:02 PM »
If you did not get the lottery pick, then some of the signings will still allow wristbands on a first come basis after the allotted lottery times.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #398 on: November 08, 2018, 12:48:09 PM »
I have a question around the exclusive signings. My friend won Krypton signing this year and had to go to Sails in the morning to get a special wristband showing ID, badge and confirmation. My question is if I didnt win a signing for 2019 but wanted to go to one could i buy the signing off someone and have them come to sails with me in the morning and have me get the wristband instead of them (they say please give this person the wristband here's my confirmation etc). Its nice getting a signed poster but i want to be the one getting it from the people rather than them selling it to me after the signing.

No they aren't transferable.  They could try and remove the wristband and give to you but even that they try and make it tight so you won't be able to do that.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #399 on: November 08, 2018, 01:06:09 PM »
No they aren't transferable.  They could try and remove the wristband and give to you but even that they try and make it tight so you won't be able to do that.

They put on the wristbands pretty tight to prevent that.  I asked that they not put mine on so tight so they backed off a bit.  It was still pretty tight.  The wristband I got was also very stiff, not like one of the stretchy ones you might be able to wiggle out of.  It was more like a handcuff.

Offline realninjaturtle

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #400 on: November 08, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »
But what they will do, and I have done it before, is put the wristband on someone else who is with you in line. You just say, you can't be there but your cousin (or whomever) can.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #401 on: November 08, 2018, 04:05:49 PM »
But what they will do, and I have done it before, is put the wristband on someone else who is with you in line. You just say, you can't be there but your cousin (or whomever) can.

I guess it's up to the person putting on the wristband.  When I got mine someone else asked if they could do that and they said the person who got the wristband had to match the name on the list.  They asked for ID.

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #402 on: February 22, 2019, 11:59:16 PM »
I have a question: is there anyone here who entered who had a guest badge registration and thus didn't have their registration linked to their ID? I'd like to know if you were still able to enter any of the lotteries.

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #403 on: February 25, 2019, 06:02:34 AM »
I have a question: is there anyone here who entered who had a guest badge registration and thus didn't have their registration linked to their ID? I'd like to know if you were still able to enter any of the lotteries.

Do you mean like a guest to a Professional badge?

If so I went as a guest to a Professional last year and was able to enter the lotto

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #404 on: March 08, 2019, 03:34:26 PM »
Looks like WonderCon has implemented a point system for the number of drawings you can enter per day.

The bad: a limit to the number of signings you can enter

The good: you can enter one drawing multiple times until your point allotment is spent!