Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Hotel discussion: July 19-23  (Read 282535 times)

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
Re: SDCC 2018 Hotel discussion: July 19-23
« Reply #4035 on: July 17, 2018, 10:08:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone staying at manchester get an email today from a representative with information about the upcoming stay and asking about when we are arriving for check in? The contact person says they are one of the elite vip coordinator's, not sure if we are receiving it because we are using the comic con block?

Yup. I did too. Part of why I love the MGH!

I responded with my early arrival time and he noted it on there reservation. MGH always manages to make me feel like I'm fancy even though I'm not.
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #4036 on: July 17, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »
Just checked in through the Marriott app for my stay starting tomorrow... it's all finally starting to come together!  :)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #4037 on: Today at 03:24:45 PM »

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #4037 on: July 17, 2018, 12:02:09 PM »
Anyone know how early can you check your bags in before yourselrf actually check in for the MGH?'

Let's say I want to check in my bags Friday night but I check in myself Saturday afternoon. Will they hold your bags for that long until you check in?

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #4038 on: July 17, 2018, 01:13:48 PM »
If you need a room give Mudville Flats a call, they had a cancellation and it’s priced fair. It’s on 10th and F st. Really nice boutique hotel with free parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #4039 on: July 17, 2018, 10:40:25 PM »
Anyone staying at MGH that have 4 people to a room: Initially I checked the world of hyatt page and I saw my confirmation, going into the details it had a rate of $340 a night. Then when on peak sent out the confirmation emails, did anyone see that the rate went up to $345 a night? I know it's not much of an increase but still it's a factor over time that affects the overall cost. Luckily, I have screen shots of the date and time's as well as I made a copy into word. I suggest you also print out a copy or screenshot the amount for yourselves in case they change the price during checkout.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:44:12 PM by Sakura17 »

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #4040 on: July 17, 2018, 10:55:03 PM »
I'm hoping to be able to change the number of beds in my room from 1 King to two 2 queens when I check in.

I’ve had varying success with this. Both last year and this year, I got stuck with one King when I wanted two beds. Last year at the Omni, they couldn’t do anything about it.

When I checked into the Westin Gaslamp this afternoon, they were very accommodating and let us have two beds.

Both last year and this year, I came in on a Tuesday, so your mileage may vary.

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #4041 on: July 19, 2018, 08:38:40 AM »
I've stayed at MMM several times but never put much effort into actually viewing my reservation online.   Anyone know if the room view/tower shown in the reservation actually means anything?  It's more out of curiosity than actual preference.  When I first logged into my reservation on wednesday to view it on the website, it showed South Tower, City View.  Now it shows North Tower, Bay View.  I'm curious if it actually means anything.

Ended up with South Tower, bay view.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #4042 on: July 22, 2018, 10:59:36 AM »
So it looks like when u check out they don't charge u the destination resort fee. They said if you weren't part of a room block then they would charge you the fee per hotel rep. So make sure u look at the invoice especially if you took water bottles from the room of hotel they might show up on your invoice because when u check out the Destination fee wasn't there.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:18:52 AM by Sakura17 »

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #4043 on: July 22, 2018, 11:50:37 AM »
So it looks like when u check out they don't charge u the destination resort fee. They said if you weren't part of a room block then they would charge you the fee per hotel rep. So make sure u look at the invoice especially if you took water bottles from the room of hotel they might show up on your invoice because when u check out the Destination fee wasn't there.
Yah I wasn’t charged either, the guy said it’s because I’m a Hyatt member and the fee is waved for members. Also, just FYI I came in on Saturday at 5am and asked nicely about early check in, by 9am I was notified my room was ready so that was really nice! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #4044 on: July 23, 2018, 07:55:38 AM »
Thank you, did you get the rate changed back in your room?

We went to check out of our one-night MGH Saturday room and the gentleman remarked that it showed we took two bottles of water and we replied no, same bottles in room. He went back and typed something.  When we checked in, I had asked about parking past 3pm and told that parking paid from 3pm- 3pm next day and then pay for each hour after.  We asked the gentleman about parking again, and he said, we're paid for the whole day ($35) and so, when we drive out, just see if the light turns green.  At 7pm, drovre out and the person at the car booth just confirmed our room number and no extra parking charges!

The Comic-Con rate covered the whole price +fees and taxes, except for parking, and not charged any resort fee or any untouched waters. 

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #4045 on: July 23, 2018, 10:41:00 AM »
Thank you, did you get the rate changed back in your room?

We went to check out of our one-night MGH Saturday room and the gentleman remarked that it showed we took two bottles of water and we replied no, same bottles in room. He went back and typed something.  When we checked in, I had asked about parking past 3pm and told that parking paid from 3pm- 3pm next day and then pay for each hour after.  We asked the gentleman about parking again, and he said, we're paid for the whole day ($35) and so, when we drive out, just see if the light turns green.  At 7pm, drovre out and the person at the car booth just confirmed our room number and no extra parking charges!

The Comic-Con rate covered the whole price +fees and taxes, except for parking, and not charged any resort fee or any untouched waters.

Yes I was about to get the rates dropped off. I went down to front desk to check out to ensure those items wouldn't be charged. Express checkout I'm not sure if you would have been able to debate about charges. He said that if you received a red envelope when u check in that would have been the destination fee 25.00 info. So when I was checking out he was like oh no, I'm wondering how many other people this is going to affect. So that's why I wanted to give everyone a heads up especially if your staying at mgh so you don't get charged with fees like that.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #4046 on: July 23, 2018, 06:53:35 PM »
Hard Rock dinged us for $90 worth of booze from the minibar. We took one soda. When I called they said they have to check with housekeeping before they can refund it...that plus a rough flight, I’m not a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dunkaroos

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #4047 on: July 23, 2018, 09:04:27 PM »
Yep, didn't get charged the "destination fee" at MMM, and they gave us the wristbands for pool use (which we obviously didn't use, who has time?).

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #4048 on: July 24, 2018, 07:04:39 AM »
Got charged a deposit of 50 dollars when I checked in but I got it back today. Idk  if any of you got this too at the MGH

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #4049 on: July 24, 2018, 10:53:48 AM »
Yep, didn't get charged the "destination fee" at MMM, and they gave us the wristbands for pool use (which we obviously didn't use, who has time?).

The Fee showed up on the TV when i was checking the charges during the stay. But wasn't on the final bill , and i never brought it up to them.