Author Topic: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?  (Read 129190 times)

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
Starting to get a little nervous about eating at the con. I've made so much progress. I can feel it in how my clothes fit, and energy levels, plus workouts. But the closer we get the bigger my cravings are getting. I'm doing well avoiding them so far because saving money for SDCC means no eating out or going off grocery budget! But whew, I caught myself looking at the MGH restaurant menus the other day and envisioning a giant burger and fries and margarita as soon as I check in.

Of course I'm gonna let myself have a few treats but I need to keep myself in check and on the wagon that week. I don't want to undo these 10 pounds!
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Starting to get a little nervous about eating at the con. I've made so much progress. I can feel it in how my clothes fit, and energy levels, plus workouts. But the closer we get the bigger my cravings are getting. I'm doing well avoiding them so far because saving money for SDCC means no eating out or going off grocery budget! But whew, I caught myself looking at the MGH restaurant menus the other day and envisioning a giant burger and fries and margarita as soon as I check in.

Of course I'm gonna let myself have a few treats but I need to keep myself in check and on the wagon that week. I don't want to undo these 10 pounds!

Checking menus ahead of time is dangerous! I'm excited for our Favorite Pizza on Earth at BASIC.  And then having the leftovers.  It is a decent walk to get there.  That's my justification 8)

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
Challenge #1: We have a catered 4th party at work today. From one of the best restaurants in town. So, lets see how I do today! hahah

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
Challenge #1: We have a catered 4th party at work today. From one of the best restaurants in town. So, lets see how I do today! hahah

Try drinking a couple of glasses of water before the party...

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
I did alright! Had one tiny bite of a sausage. Then stuck to coleslaw, mac n cheese, and a roll. Did sample some desserts because my coworkers made them!  But, I took small enough portions that I didn't feel crazy full afterwards. Ate sensibly yesterday. :D

On another note, I finally joined the Fitbit cult. Anyone else here have one? I think we can make groups? Anyone interested in friending up or grouping?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:01:47 PM by catvonawesome »

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
I did alright! Had one tiny bite of a sausage. Then stuck to coleslaw, mac n cheese, and a roll. Did sample some desserts because my coworkers made them!  But, I took small enough portions that I didn't feel crazy full afterwards. Ate sensibly yesterday. :D

On another note, I finally joined the Fitbit cult. Anyone else here have one? I think we can make groups? Anyone interested in friending up or grouping?
Here is the SDCCFIT group (not super active)
Here is my fitbit user link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Send me a friend request (Angela C.)
I do belong to a facebook group that does challenges all the time. I will look into how to join, if you are interested. It is mostly people that have “met” (mostly in the online sense) through Comic-Con.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
Awesome! Friend request is coming your way from Cat C.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Awesome! Friend request is coming your way from Cat C.
Some of the forum members are doing a weekend warrior challenge this weekend and a workweek hustle next week. Do you want an invite?
Ang

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
Some of the forum members are doing a weekend warrior challenge this weekend and a workweek hustle next week. Do you want an invite?

Sure!! Thank you!!

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
I know I’m the last person that should be saying this but I feel I’m in very, very poor con shape.  Being forced by security to take the longest routes possible when navigating the upstairs rooms is totally draining me!   I would blame the humidity except that I’m being killed indoors. 

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
Re: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?
« Reply #1015 on: November 02, 2018, 12:05:15 PM »

I maintained a steady diet of Auntie Anne’s pretzels, cheese sauce, diet soda, chocolate chip cookies, and protein powder. Lol. I’m not super proud of it, but what’s a person to do when they’re always on the run in there! I did still track every calorie and macronutrient though. I’ll have to figure out a better strategy for the next con.

I made a big effort to get plenty of protein intake by taking toting my own powder and shaker around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Re: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?
« Reply #1016 on: November 02, 2018, 01:05:58 PM »
Well, I just started a new routine w/a gym close to my house.  Tuesday and Thursday was strength training classes: aerobic movements w/weights, dumbbells, barbells and the like.  Tomorrow I've a boxing class, and then Sunday is a yoga class...trying out everything I can w/my 3 week pass.  I'm shooting to be real consistent over the next month to decide how often I want to go.

This past year kinda sucked for outside stuff.  It's like it's been raining since May...ugh.  So, gotta do what ya gotta do.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #1017 on: November 02, 2018, 01:29:08 PM »
At the end of June I became a vegetarian.  I have now lost 33 lbs. and counting.  Today I had to buy a new belt because my old one didn’t have enough notches.

Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #1018 on: November 02, 2018, 05:19:04 PM »
At the end of June I became a vegetarian.  I have now lost 33 lbs. and counting.  Today I had to buy a new belt because my old one didn’t have enough notches.

Nice job! Do you think it’s from an overall caloric deficit due to less calorie dense food?

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #1019 on: November 02, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »
Nice job! Do you think it’s from an overall caloric deficit due to less calorie dense food?

Well, I ate more nutritious caloric dense foods like almonds which are good for the heart and avocados. I must’ve ate at least half an avocado a day since June.  I am sure my daily caloric intake has dropped but The idea of writing down every calorie is too tedious for me.  For my dinners I cut out carbs almost completely.  Absolutely no processed foods.  Plenty of salads from Trader Joe’s.  Made meals from the Engine 2 Diet.  We usually order pizza from Steve’s Place which is gluten free. 

As far as physical activity, I started doing yoga again and anaerobic exercises like push ups.  Made a rule to do 25 push ups for every hour of TV. Just got sick of being out of shape.

A former student walked into my class yesterday and the first thing he said was, “Whoa ... how much have you lost?!”  Still buzzing off that.  :)

Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster