Author Topic: NYCC Ticket buying group for 2015?  (Read 15327 times)

Offline andre30496

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
Re: NYCC Ticket buying group for 2015?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2015, 11:47:39 PM »
@alexnyy7 spreadsheet is not out yet if I am correct

Offline alexny0007

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 08:43:37 AM »
Thank you @andre30496  ;) appreciate the update. I will keep checking in so i know how to help

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:33:31 PM »

Offline mzx380

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 07:23:48 AM »
Definitely interested in joining a VIP ticket buying group.  IF anyone wants to form one or has a spot I'm in.

Offline Sarahharas

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 07:46:27 AM »
If I joined a group for NYCC how much is the most I might have to spend?

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 07:56:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I joined a group for NYCC how much is the most I might have to spend?

Considering the price for regular VIP is $195, and Ultimate is $495; you may have to spend at least 200+. Also since I'm guessing if we were to buy in group you may have to spend more depending on how many tickets you're getting.
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Offline Sarahharas

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »
Considering the price for regular VIP is $195, and Ultimate is $495; you may have to spend at least 200+. Also since I'm guessing if we were to buy in group you may have to spend more depending on how many tickets you're getting.

Well, that's just the problem. My credit card has a limit so I couldn't buy for 10 people if it's $495 each. I could buy for 5 at most at that price. If I'd have buy for more people than that if I joined a group it's best I don't join one then.

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 10:31:22 AM »
Well, that's just the problem. My credit card has a limit so I couldn't buy for 10 people if it's $495 each. I could buy for 5 at most at that price. If I'd have buy for more people than that if I joined a group it's best I don't join one then.

Buying more than one is also one of my concern; but as Alyssa mentioned it can probably be overcome for a few of the members ( I'm assuming).

Also I don't think you will be able to buy up to 10; last time VIP were limit to 6 each for pre-VIP sale. But I hope this year ReedPop will reduce that number to counter against scalpers.
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »
the UA's were about $450 each with a limit of 2
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »
So the first piece we have to establish and understand is this thread should really be called NYCC VIP Ticket Buying Group because that's really what everyone on here who would need help or a buying group would be a part of. You don't need a buying group for a regular 4 day, 3 day or single day ticket ... well at least not yet!  ;) 

That being said, I recall the VIP limit was 4 per person. So you would need to be able to cover between $800 to $2000 transaction (4 Special Access VIP tixs to 4 Ulitmate Access VIP tixs). If you can only afford the one for yourself or even just one other person, that sort of defeats the purpose, benefit or goal of a buying group. The whole point is banking and hoping that someone makes it in, buys for themselves and can now buy for 3 others. If not, there's an equity issue ... one would be asking others to do something for them that they're unable/unwilling to do for others. Very counter to the purpose of "Buying Group."

Now there is a work around but it's even more predicated on the trust system ... Get one of the members you are buying for to use their credit card. So if you get "in" then call/text/contact a person in need and have them put up their credit card. The BIG trust factor is they have to communicate their credit card and personal info to that person who will enter it. It's asking a lot, but it can/does work.   

So my apologies if I'm speaking out of line or turning anyone off, but if you're unable to buy for others (regardless of reason), you really probably shouldn't be part of this "buying group."
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 04:09:07 PM »
Also if you were not a vip last year you probably won't be able to purchase vip tickets before the general public.
Maybe we need a separate buying group for last years vip badge holders first.

Offline Sarahharas

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »
So the first piece we have to establish and understand is this thread should really be called NYCC VIP Ticket Buying Group because that's really what everyone on here who would need help or a buying group would be a part of. You don't need a buying group for a regular 4 day, 3 day or single day ticket ... well at least not yet!  ;)

So if I understand right if I just wanted regular 4 days I wouldn't need to join a group and I could just buy some the day they go on sale?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »
yes, i'll change the title

That being said, I recall the VIP limit was 4 per person. So you would need to be able to cover between $800 to $2000 transaction (4 Special Access VIP tixs to 4 Ulitmate Access VIP tixs).
No, i could only buy 2 UA's, not 4. 

If you can only afford the one for yourself or even just one other person, that sort of defeats the purpose, benefit or goal of a buying group. The whole point is banking and hoping that someone makes it in, buys for themselves and can now buy for 3 others. If not, there's an equity issue ... one would be asking others to do something for them that they're unable/unwilling to do for others. Very counter to the purpose of "Buying Group."
agreed.  by signing up for the buying group, a person is agreeing to buy to their limit of that particular tix type.  For example, i'm going for SA's, if i get in I'm expected to buy the max limit of SA's.  I would not expect someone to buy BOTH SA's & UA's.  There just isn't enough time to get both.

Now there is a work around but it's even more predicated on the trust system ... Get one of the members you are buying for to use their credit card. So if you get "in" then call/text/contact a person in need and have them put up their credit card. The BIG trust factor is they have to communicate their credit card and personal info to that person who will enter it. It's asking a lot, but it can/does work.   
  yes, yes it does <grin>

So my apologies if I'm speaking out of line or turning anyone off, but if you're unable to buy for others (regardless of reason), you really probably shouldn't be part of this "buying group."
dove tailing on this, 
To folks who are worried abt the $800 on their cc's.  you will get paid back that day via paypal.  If you do not get paid back quickly, i am sure you can find someone to buy the extra vip pass.  Failing that, i am doubly sure if the pass is put on ebay for the original price + expenses,  it will be bought quickly.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 04:21:55 PM »
So if I understand right if I just wanted regular 4 days I wouldn't need to join a group and I could just buy some the day they go on sale?
iirc, the 4 day tix sold out within the first hr of the gen sale

Also if you were not a vip last year you probably won't be able to purchase vip tickets before the general public.
iirc, the gen sale was comprised of a bunch of folks from pre sale so it follows that this year, the pre-sale will use the same form for gen sale.  There will be additions & subtractions of course.

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2015, 05:55:41 PM »
No. Not yet. As long as you are on top of it, you should be OK to get regular 4 days. It's only the VIP tixs that are in such high demand and sell out so quick that help and a buying group is truly needed.
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2015, 06:02:23 PM »
You might be right. I sort of forgot about this. They had a priority pre-sale for past VIP ticket buyers. Then it was maybe just a day or two later they had a general VIP ticket sale.

Alyssa - Maybe like with SDCC we do need 2. Pre-Reg and General. What do you think?
"Wax On, Wax Off"