Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211339 times)

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2018, 11:31:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Per the calendar links on last year's Early Bird thread

SDCC 2018 Early Bird Hotels Open: November 07, 2017
    SDCC 2018 Early Bird Hotels Closed 12PDT: April 03, 2018

So we are later on when it opens already.. but maybe they will tighten the early bird sale this year? I hate waiting until April/May to know where I am staying  ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline magicalme7

• Sails Pavilion
    • Follow me on IG
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2018, 12:16:14 PM »
Can someone tell me about how much rooms are for the nearby hotels?? I got an Airbnb last year (great price BUT it was about a half hour away)... I would much rather stay nearby so I can go to my hotel to rest if need be but need to see if we can budget for that.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 05:41:06 PM »

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2018, 12:29:27 PM »
Can someone tell me about how much rooms are for the nearby hotels?? I got an Airbnb last year (great price BUT it was about a half hour away)... I would much rather stay nearby so I can go to my hotel to rest if need be but need to see if we can budget for that.
$230 to $400 per night for gaslamp district. and adjacent hotels. Basicaly anything about a half mile or closer. Hotels in downtown but further out are ~200night. Im pretty sure you can see last years prices here on this forum as well as the comic-con.org website and the unofficial blog sdccblog.com , if you were curious about a particular hotel

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2018, 03:57:34 PM »

$230 to $400 per night for gaslamp district. and adjacent hotels. Basicaly anything about a half mile or closer. Hotels in downtown but further out are ~200night. Im pretty sure you can see last years prices here on this forum as well as the comic-con.org website and the unofficial blog sdccblog.com , if you were curious about a particular hotel

Adding to [member=1233]jopari[/member]'s post, indeed you can! 

Check them out here, [member=8453]magicalme7[/member], in this thread:

^__~ Hope that helps!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2018, 07:53:57 AM »
I am booking travel for work and decided to see if I could get a corporate rate for SDCC. The preferred San Diego hotel for our very large organization is the Pendry and I see that July 18-21 is blacked out this year b

Offline Dune930

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2018, 09:49:27 AM »
I am booking travel for work and decided to see if I could get a corporate rate for SDCC. The preferred San Diego hotel for our very large organization is the Pendry and I see that July 18-21 is blacked out this year b

Hotels can get three times + their regular rates for that weekend, so there's widespread blackouts, even for places half an hour away. It's ridiculous. But I'm lucky that I booked a smaller hotel in Little Italy area back in August for next year. 

Online sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2018, 10:52:14 AM »
Last few times I stayed at a hostel but they have more than doubled the price, it is not worth it anymore and they are filled anyway. Still looking for a good backup hotel or hostel in case I fail with the lottery  :blank:

Any hotel on the shuttle route is a good backup (IMO).   Plus, I really don't worry about them filling up.  My first year I didn't know anything about hotelpocalypse (long story).  I booked my own hotel using the list from CCI.  Of course everything downtown was booked, so I looked further away at those that were on the shuttle route.  I booked in May on Shelter Island.  I got the convention rate.  As I was checking in, a couple walked in and made a reservation.  They ended up paying $100 more/night than me (I was eavesdropping), but they got a room.

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2018, 11:09:26 AM »
Yah, that's the thing: you WILL get a hotel, and most likely on a shuttle route. Whether it's downtown or way further out, that's based mostly on luck. But even if things look bleak right after Hotelpocalypse and you get completely shut out, rooms invariably open up. In fact, if you are tenacious enough and check often (like several times a day), you will find downtown rooms. Maybe not all four days, but often 2+ days. If you already booked a room further out, and the new room you find is for Fri/Sat/Sun, I think it's worth it to book that and do a mid-con hotel switch. I've actually done that a few times.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2018, 06:03:45 AM »

[member=448]rabbitwarren[/member] - Perhaps you can solve the mystery of the unbookable Pendry hotel.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2018, 10:57:02 PM »
Mid-November and no info posted on early bird hotel sale yet :o

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »
I just need it to be far enough out after Christmas to give me a chance to recover ;D

I'm dependent on my tax return and work bonus for both hotels and airfare so I hope it's February or later.  Otherwise I can't even afford the darn deposit.  I moved into my own place and good lord it's expensive lmao.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2018, 08:29:08 PM »
Forum Housekeeping:

Locked and unstickied the SDCC 2018 Hotel Discussion thread (located here for reference: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

Stickied this SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion thread in the previous thread's place.

^___^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Online EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2018, 02:19:33 PM »
[member=317]Zero[/member], I went to look for the hotel exchange threads from past years and I can't see any of them. How can I get access to them now?  I'd appreciate the opportunity to do some research before the 2019 information is released.

I used to mostly lurk in here so it is possible that I didn't have access to them and never noticed. It is possible I'm forgetting something, but right now only thread I remember using in the past is the Room Sharing Thread. I had gotten my own hotel in the lottery but ended up cancelling it and joining someone else's room.

Thanks so much for your time.

- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2018, 11:57:37 AM »

Pendry opened up a couple years ago and has been blocked out since then each Con. It seemed like a studio or someone(s) booked out the place. It’s a small boutique hotel. It’s listed on the hotel sale but never opens up.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2018, 05:55:46 PM »
[member=317]Zero[/member], I went to look for the hotel exchange threads from past years and I can't see any of them. How can I get access to them now?  I'd appreciate the opportunity to do some research before the 2019 information is released.

I used to mostly lurk in here so it is possible that I didn't have access to them and never noticed. It is possible I'm forgetting something, but right now only thread I remember using in the past is the Room Sharing Thread. I had gotten my own hotel in the lottery but ended up cancelling it and joining someone else's room.

Thanks so much for your time.
The hotel exchange is a special section that is only visible during hotel prime time. We don't leave it up all year. It should return again for 2019.
Ang