Author Topic: Conan Show SDCC 2017  (Read 126308 times)

Offline Kmd2103

• Gaming Lounge
  • I don't like...I obsess
  • Liked: 83
Re: Conan Show SDCC 2017
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 03:35:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
yeah and there was a code emailed out to peoples member ID email address which was meant to increase you're chances of being picked.
I seem to always miss these emails and I'm not sure why. My 1iota account and member ID account are accurate.
SDCC 2013-2018 #gameofthrones #netflixoriginals #sherlocked

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2017, 03:49:34 PM »
yeah and there was a code emailed out to peoples member ID email address which was meant to increase you're chances of being picked.

I don't recall ever getting such an email. Do you mean SDCC ID or 1iotta? Because either way, no such email ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:33:35 AM »

Offline ThePuffyTaco

• Freebie Table
  • Victor Lopez thanks you!
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
There was notice and stories about the shows happening. Has Conan officially started mentioning it?

I missed the Wednesday show but Star Trek Beyond premiere was a very good replacement. :D

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2017, 04:02:40 PM »
How about a Wednesday Conan + FoCC show? :)

It's like you can see into my soul!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »
There was notice and stories about the shows happening. Has Conan officially started mentioning it?

I missed the Wednesday show but Star Trek Beyond premiere was a very good replacement. :D

The team coco comic-con site still has the info from last year. 1iota only has up to the end of June as a ticket option.

I think the only info we have is that [member=3086]OutsideComicCon-Kim[/member] tweeted the pic of the marquee.

For reference, the 2016 ticket page has a date of 6/20.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:06:01 PM by Angie »

Offline ThePuffyTaco

• Freebie Table
  • Victor Lopez thanks you!
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 04:04:30 PM »
The team coco comic-con site still has the info from last year. 1iota only has up to the end of June as a ticket option.

I think the only info we have is that [member=3086]OutsideComicCon-Kim[/member] tweeted the pic of the marquee.
Still time.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 04:13:22 PM »
The first year it was first-come-first-serve. Last year they took entries for a few hours and then held a lottery (based on the promo code entered, which was sent out to badged attendees) to see who got tickets.

Offline wolfgirl1272

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 64
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »
I didn't try for this last year but my friend went and said it was really good. I think I'll be trying this year, it sounds fun but also challenging to get tickets.

Offline Kmd2103

• Gaming Lounge
  • I don't like...I obsess
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »
I didn't try for this last year but my friend went and said it was really good. I think I'll be trying this year, it sounds fun but also challenging to get tickets.
It is challenging but so fun! It's great to have an assigned seat for the show (I.e., no long waits once tickets are in-hand), Conan is genuinely into it, and you can check a lot of interests off your list. Try for it!
SDCC 2013-2018 #gameofthrones #netflixoriginals #sherlocked

Offline Shauni48

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2017, 10:37:20 PM »
Is it a refresh and see game? I seem to always be a step behind!

I'm not sure=( I just remember getting on Twitter and seeing everyone post about it and hopped on my laptop and the tix were up.

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2017, 11:01:51 PM »
The biggest thing is to make sure you are set to receive third party emails from your member id landing page.

I didn't get the email the first year, but that was due to me not accepting them. I clicked that box and got the email and tickets the next year.

It's hard to imagine I won't be trying this year, I just might as a last minute panic, but IDK if it was really worth it to go to conan. It was fun, I got the Joker Pop which is what I really wanted!! but it just seemed to take SOOOO much out of the day.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2017, 11:43:14 PM »
The biggest thing is to make sure you are set to receive third party emails from your member id landing page.

I didn't get the email the first year, but that was due to me not accepting them. I clicked that box and got the email and tickets the next year.

It's hard to imagine I won't be trying this year, I just might as a last minute panic, but IDK if it was really worth it to go to conan. It was fun, I got the Joker Pop which is what I really wanted!! but it just seemed to take SOOOO much out of the day.

THANK YOU. I'm pretty sure I had purposely selected not to receive Third Party emails when I first created the account and never thought about it again.

I agree, it does take a huge chunk of the afternoon. The best day for me would probably be Thursday, since I rarely go to any panels that day. So that's what I'll be aiming for. The great thing about the pops is that everyone has an opportunity to get them by standing in the Marriott line in the morning. That's how I ended up with all four. (Well, I got three, but got two of one of them, and ended up making a trade for the full set.)

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 03:30:24 AM »
I don't recall ever getting such an email. Do you mean SDCC ID or 1iotta? Because either way, no such email ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those with SDCC badges got a code to use. See ->

The first year it was first-come-first-serve. Last year they took entries for a few hours and then held a lottery (based on the promo code entered, which was sent out to badged attendees) to see who got tickets.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2017, 04:37:46 AM »
I do hope Conan brings Pierre Bernard this - the graphic artist who used to do the "Recliner of Rage".  They could have lots of fun with that type of thing.  They could set up a fan 'recliner of rage'.  I know some folk who would LOVE to rant, and rant well!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 05:17:43 AM »
That Wednesday taping of Conan was almost becoming a tradition for me. Oh well. For all the great things at SDCC, there's always a lot of disappointments.  :-\

This! I too will be a bit disappointed if we don't have a Wednesday show - its an awesome way to kick off rest of the weekend.