Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Open Registration  (Read 35746 times)

Offline vickyhope

• Freebie Table
  • Journalist, Editor in Chief and Tea Enthusiast. <3
    • Amelie Magazine
  • Liked: 8
Re: SDCC 2018 Open Registration
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2017, 02:42:01 AM »
Oh gosh, I think I won't be able to apply because I'm going to Sao Paulo's Comic Con on Saturday 9th, and according to the timezone, 9A.M is going to be 3 P.M here in Brazil, which is unfortunate because is the exact time of the Marvel panel here and unfortunatelly I won't be able to pick up my phone ;3; Oh gosh

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2017, 04:32:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh gosh, I think I won't be able to apply because I'm going to Sao Paulo's Comic Con on Saturday 9th, and according to the timezone, 9A.M is going to be 3 P.M here in Brazil, which is unfortunate because is the exact time of the Marvel panel here and unfortunatelly I won't be able to pick up my phone ;3; Oh gosh
can one of your friends/relatives sign on for you?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 12:14:30 PM »

Offline vickyhope

• Freebie Table
    • Amelie Magazine
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2017, 05:35:08 AM »
Most of them don't speak in english ;3; they won't understand the system  :( I'll try to figure something out, like, maybe I'll go to the bathroom of the panels (luckily the bathrooms are inside the panel area). Maybe this way I'll be able to try! I'll have  4 friend with me at the panel, so I won't lose my place in my chair anyways :)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2017, 06:36:48 AM »
Most of them don't speak in english ;3; they won't understand the system  :( I'll try to figure something out, like, maybe I'll go to the bathroom of the panels (luckily the bathrooms are inside the panel area). Maybe this way I'll be able to try! I'll have  4 friend with me at the panel, so I won't lose my place in my chair anyways :)
If the cell/wifi connection is good, you should be able to do it in the panel. there is no audio - it's just screen prompts. the biggest problem will be the waiting, having to enter the waiting area between 8am & 9am pt, then waiting to see if you get picked. Usually the sale takes 40mins to an hour to sell out. Not everyone will be able to get into the buying area-
I just want you to understand the amount of time it may take and it may not work out -
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline vickyhope

• Freebie Table
    • Amelie Magazine
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2017, 06:45:39 AM »
If the cell/wifi connection is good, you should be able to do it in the panel. there is no audio - it's just screen prompts. the biggest problem will be the waiting, having to enter the waiting area between 8am & 9am pt, then waiting to see if you get picked. Usually the sale takes 40mins to an hour to sell out. Not everyone will be able to get into the buying area-
I just want you to understand the amount of time it may take and it may not work out -

Thank you very much for the help! I had no idea of how much time I would have to wait to try and jojn the waiting room! I'll keep my fingers crossed so I can log in time inside the panel in order to see the page <3 Good luck for you too!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2017, 07:09:28 AM »

Thank you very much for the help! I had no idea of how much time I would have to wait to try and jojn the waiting room! I'll keep my fingers crossed so I can log in time inside the panel in order to see the page <3 Good luck for you too!
my co-host Leonard did a good how to here

we are also doing a Live Q&A for folks to ask questions next sunday dec 3rd at 1pm et, 10am pt here, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
you'll be able to watch it later also if you're not available then ;)

Good LUCK to you too!!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2017, 07:40:33 AM »

Open Registration is almost here and we want #YellowStatusBar submissions from you! #SDCC2018 #OpenReg2018 #writeyourownYSB

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »

There have been recent years where I literally was working (I teach HS band so Returning Reg. has occasionally been during a marching band rehearsal/performance day for me) and almost forgot to log in until the last 5 or so minutes before start time and I still got badges I wanted (4-day) so I think it literally makes absolutely no difference what times you login in as long as it is before go-time.
Also, I've purchased badges fairly recently with both my iPad (using my phone as a hot spot for wifi) and an iPhone (w/cell service/no wi-fi).  Luckily IIRC there is a one-time "if you get disconnected log back in immediately and you won't miss your place in the virtual line" so even if you get bumped off you could still have a shot at badges. 

Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:34:40 AM by perc2100 »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2017, 11:28:03 AM »
Yea, just make sure u log in or check in asap before they open sales cause u have to be in wait room ahead of time and its like fishing kinda, u sit and wait till u catch one or they pull u in to buy any badges that are left for any days. time zones can be a pain so do the best u can to be in wait room ahead of time.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2017, 11:52:02 AM »
Added a calendar link for archival purposes to show when new Member IDs were no longer eligible for the next year's Con. I missed that little blurb the other day.
Ang

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »
Geez, the 9th is the worst possible day that they could have held the Gen Reg. Me and half of my SDCC squad will be at a show this morning. I suppose we'll all have to use our smartphones/tablets and continually monitor them for an hour. I can't bring my laptop into the show with me as it's too cumbersome to drag around.

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2017, 01:50:43 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »
That doesn't seem new to me.  Maybe newish?
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2017, 02:14:33 PM »
That doesn't seem new to me.  Maybe newish?

+1

(at 2:42 mark)

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:18:03 PM by AzT »

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »
Yeah I was wondering that lol but figured I would share when it popped up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk