Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Open Registration  (Read 35746 times)

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
Re: SDCC 2018 Open Registration
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2017, 11:06:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I can vouch for this, I’m a first timer in getting in. I made my member ID in August. Didn’t even find out about buying groups until a week ago when it was too late to join one. I only had the ONE laptop running when it was time to login and wait and by some miracle I got chosen to purchase badges before Saturday sold out. I originally was just going to buy Friday and Saturday, but I said to myself who knows if I’ll ever get a chance to go all four days again, so I took the plunge and bought all four.

My only regret was I’m a loner, so I didn’t know anyone else who would have wanted me to buy them a ticket and seemed like a waste for me to get in and not be able to buy for two others, with the luck I had at getting in so early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gone alone, and had a blast.  I did my own thing when I wanted to, but also re-connected with friends in the area, and met people on this forum.

San Diego Comic Con is the place to be.  You'll have a blast.

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
Yes, as said above get to know everyone on forum by interest or other ways and keep in touch over time. going to con as a loner has pros and cons but in ways more pros i think. years ago i went with others and alone. this past con i went along and volunteered and by chance ran into or met up with others i know and came in and saw as i was roaming around the con so got caught up on things at time. so going alone u meet new con goers or veterans by chance, and also can roam around and not worry u gotta stay with anyone or so to speak feel chained to anyone so u can just roam around and check out what u want at time and get whatever u want at time.

I used to go relatively alone awhile back when my son was too young to go every day.  It made getting a great seat in big panels MUCH easier since there was no need to find multiple seats together.  General SDCCI attendees are some of the most laid back, kind people around as far as big events (cooler than, say, strangers at a Metallica concert for example) and I NEVER had problems with strangers holding a place in line, watching my stuff while I went to the bathroom, etc.  Now-a-days I personally like to bide my time split with just my son and I a day or two and hanging with a group a day or two.  Going solo is definitely not a bad way to traverse SD Comic-Con

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #212 on: Today at 12:32:03 PM »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2017, 11:43:46 AM »
My only regret was I’m a loner, so I didn’t know anyone else who would have wanted me to buy them a ticket and seemed like a waste for me to get in and not be able to buy for two others, with the luck I had at getting in so early.

[member=7786]OyaIsMe[/member] You are not alone! In fact, there is already a topic discussing going to SDCC alone for 2018. Here is the link:

Offline OyaIsMe

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2017, 11:59:46 AM »
[member=7786]OyaIsMe[/member] You are not alone! In fact, there is already a topic discussing going to SDCC alone for 2018. Here is the link:
Oh, thank you for pointing me in that direction !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2017, 01:39:03 PM »
barcodes are coming out, with mine being updated to 4-day w/PN

We had some come in earlier today, the rest just arrived. Seems to have come in the order that purchases were made, but could be coincidence. In any case, feels good :)

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2017, 01:43:31 PM »
We had some come in earlier today, the rest just arrived. Seems to have come in the order that purchases were made, but could be coincidence. In any case, feels good :)

Mine came in at 1:10 EST. 

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2017, 02:34:23 PM »
Got mine at 12:08 pm CST today. It sure was nice to see that update to 4-Day with Preview Night!

(I know we don't need them, but it's just extra assurance that I am in!)
Ang

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2017, 03:29:25 PM »
Got mine at 12:08 pm CST today. It sure was nice to see that update to 4-Day with Preview Night!

(I know we don't need them, but it's just extra assurance that I am in!)

The backup in case of a mixup with mail delivery still puts my mind at ease. I was so happy to get this in my email today and to have Preview Night after not having it the last two years. Maybe I can get into the Funko booth while they actually have what I want on the shelves this year.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline SchoolboyQ

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »
If you bought badges during pre reg and open reg for the same member ID, you were charged a $5 handling fee both times. I contacted SDCC in regards to this for some clarification if this is even right.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »
Yeah I got mine around 11am yesterday too.  During Ret. Reg. I had problems with my bar code but no problems this time (for other people, not my email).
Pretty quick turnaround!

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2017, 06:48:00 PM »
Nice that many people are getting their barcodes.  I wonder why those who participated in return reg had trouble receiving them?
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2017, 08:00:06 AM »
Nice that many people are getting their barcodes.  I wonder why those who participated in return reg had trouble receiving them?
It seemed like there might've been a kind of minor SNAFU on the company's end.  Or at least that was my impression.  Out of the 6 SDCCI badges purchased this year by me I think only one bar code wasn't expeditiously delivered.  I don't know, but it seems they worked it out before Gen Reg (which is a quick turn around to work out a technical glitch IMO)

Online stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2017, 12:10:20 PM »
The backup in case of a mixup with mail delivery still puts my mind at ease. I was so happy to get this in my email today and to have Preview Night after not having it the last two years. Maybe I can get into the Funko booth while they actually have what I want on the shelves this year.
Are you on the Funko forum? As most likely that will be needed to get into the booth on Preview night,

Offline Afnas

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2017, 04:34:31 PM »
This will be my first time and I will be going alone as well. I've tried for 7 years now to snag some tickets and finally , I was able to get in and grab 4 days if I wanted. I took three days. Maybe because I'm out of town right now, over in Tiawan, that this ISP might have helped getting me in? I also booked a hotel and got a decent rate. Of course with the time change, I didn't get tickets till 1:30am here.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2017, 08:37:56 PM »
This will be my first time and I will be going alone as well. I've tried for 7 years now to snag some tickets and finally , I was able to get in and grab 4 days if I wanted. I took three days. Maybe because I'm out of town right now, over in Tiawan, that this ISP might have helped getting me in? I also booked a hotel and got a decent rate. Of course with the time change, I didn't get tickets till 1:30am here.

Congratulations on finally getting a badge!  You beat the odds :).  Keep checking here for lots of great info as July approaches.