Author Topic: Blue line coming along, more hotels will be available in the north.  (Read 1745 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
The blue line extension up to La Jolla is coming along.  Still 2 years left before it opens but once it does then all the big University City hotels will be a trolley ride away from comic-con.  Unlike the Mission Valley and Fashion Valley hotels that can be a hike to the closest trolley station, the University City hotels are across the street from UTC which is the transit hub.

Now that they've taken off some of the wood mold for the elevated trolley line, it reminds me of the BTS Skytrain in Bangkok.  Particularly where it runs next to UTC.  It looks so much like the Skytrain running next to Siam Paragon.  That once wide avenue seems so crowded now with a trolley line running above it.  That area has changed so much.  I remember when UTC was a dirt field.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
That's super awesome.  Didn't even know they were expanding it, but this is great.  Do you know about how long that trip will take?  University City doesn't seem too far, but I've only ever ridden it from Mission Valley. Not sure how efficient it is.

Also, random tangent, I've been on that line in Bangkok lol.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
Yeah my office was directly by the mall up until last month. Still be awhile. More hotel options definitely but the area isn’t really much cheaper? It’s La Jolla. The line along Morena is slowly coming along too.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
That's super awesome.  Didn't even know they were expanding it, but this is great.  Do you know about how long that trip will take?  University City doesn't seem too far, but I've only ever ridden it from Mission Valley. Not sure how efficient it is.

Also, random tangent, I've been on that line in Bangkok lol.

My mom lives in UC near the 52 Freeway, so it is about a 15-20 minute drive for me.  This route would be awesome once complete.  Although from what I read, it won't be complete until late 2021 so it would start being useful for the 2022 Comic Con.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Yeah my office was directly by the mall up until last month. Still be awhile. More hotel options definitely but the area isn’t really much cheaper? It’s La Jolla. The line along Morena is slowly coming along too.

Not cheaper at all.  That Embassy Suites there is $383/night during comic-con right now.  The hotel price rises are much further away than people would think during comic-con.  I've met people that stay all the way at the end of the Green Line in Santee.  There's this one motel I've seen who's normal price $50/night.  I think when I checked a couple of weeks ago, it was $250/night during comic-con and it looked like it was going to sell out.

Blue line expansion just makes it much more convenient to stay up there compared to now.  Right now, it's a time consuming journey on the bus if you don't have a car.  The trolley isn't very quick but at least it will be easy to hop on and then just stay on until you hit the convention center.