Author Topic: I hope next year that HBO does a "block" of Westworld/GoT  (Read 3737 times)

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
I hope next year that HBO does a "block" of Westworld/GoT
« on: December 02, 2016, 02:21:42 PM »
I would say this seems both inevitable and really exciting.  Westworld had a presence at NYCC, and I would be surprised if they didn't do anything for SDCC either.  Considering it has solidified itself as the "next big HBO show" I think it would be a great one-two punch (maybe give them a 2 hour block?) as i'd have to imagine these two shows have a lot of overlap in viewers.  One important thing to note as well is that this will be the first Game of Thrones panel in a very long time (if ever) where they will be able to bring content in advance of the new season, rather than "take a victory lap" for the previous one.  I'd have to imagine that this will only serve to hype up friday more than ever (excluding the Force Awakens year).

Offline marvelmorris

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
Re: I hope next year that HBO does a "block" of Westworld/GoT
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 03:06:27 PM »
I'd love a Westworld panel and autograph signing at SDCC next year, but I don't think HBO will bring it since season 2 won't premiere until 2018. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:37:13 AM »

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 04:30:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd love a Westworld panel and autograph signing at SDCC next year, but I don't think HBO will bring it since season 2 won't premiere until 2018.

I saw that too, but my guess is that it comes out in early 2018.  I'd have to imagine it'll come out before July 2018, because that would be approx. an 18 month hiatus.  Especially as the show is still in its infancy, the worst thing they could do is have the show off the air for that long.  Now maybe it comes out in March or April of 2018, the producers figure its too far away for them to promote season two at comic con.  But i'd imagine if its Jan/Feb 2018 they would have shot some stuff by SDCC 17, and might show a teaser to get some buzz.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 01:32:07 AM »
Bit of background. Westworld was meant to have a presence at SDCC last year (remember all the posters outside the convention centre?) However due to rewrites etc it never happened.

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 10:24:37 AM »
Westworld was recently at Paleyfest, so it might be possible even with the late release date. With GoT ending and the long gap between seasons, they need to keep audiences interested.  I kind of fear people will forgot about it in the 2 year gap.

Offline Shauni48

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 08:29:38 PM »
Westworld was recently at Paleyfest, so it might be possible even with the late release date. With GoT ending and the long gap between seasons, they need to keep audiences interested.  I kind of fear people will forgot about it in the 2 year gap.

Is this coming season of GoT the last? Or one more after this?

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 11:03:04 PM »
Is this coming season of GoT the last? Or one more after this?
One more short season next year.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 05:21:53 PM »
The GoT panel never appealed to me since they never really had anything new to show, but with the later air date and the possibility of Westworld being there too, I might have a hard time choosing which day I want to do Hall H.  Certainly not two days in a row. I am too old for that.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »
If Dinklage isn't on the GoT panel then I'm not interested. 😁

Offline michelleeddington0523

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
I would say this seems both inevitable and really exciting.  Westworld had a presence at NYCC, and I would be surprised if they didn't do anything for SDCC either.  Considering it has solidified itself as the "next big HBO show" I think it would be a great one-two punch (maybe give them a 2 hour block?) as i'd have to imagine these two shows have a lot of overlap in viewers.  One important thing to note as well is that this will be the first Game of Thrones panel in a very long time (if ever) where they will be able to bring content in advance of the new season, rather than "take a victory lap" for the previous one.  I'd have to imagine that this will only serve to hype up friday more than ever (excluding the Force Awakens year).
Well, I can't comment on WW. GOT is returning in July, I believe. Also, the show will be ending with in the next three years. So, I think  SDCC2017 and SDCC2018 GOT fans will be happy.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I am just here to make friends and joining a purchasing group. Hoping to be an SDCC2018 attendee

Offline Bullet101

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 02:56:12 AM »
I hope westworld ends up at SDCC! I went to the paleyfest panel out in LA and it was fantastic. More HBO at sdcc wouldn't be a bad thing. :]

Offline marvelmorris

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 02:35:04 PM »
So far, I've done the NYCC & Paleyfest panels for WestWorld.  Both were great.  Love to see a panel at San Diego and a signing too!

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 07:44:18 PM »
Well you didn't get the block, but at least WW is coming!
SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019