Author Topic: Panel Speculation for 2019  (Read 32828 times)

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
Re: Panel Speculation for 2019
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2019, 06:43:48 PM »
I know someone else already mentioned it but id be willing to bet Terminator Dark Fate will be there.  Arnold+Linda Hamilton would get such a pop I have to imagine it would create some buzz.  They can bring down the old Terminators from the old Universal Studio ride and even do a fun skit with it.

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2019, 09:48:49 AM »
I think The Good Place and Brooklyn 99 will be back, since they were such hits and I think they were both renewed already.

I could also see Lucifer getting a panel if it times out (and if Netflix renews its revival).

Some other ones would include Marvel's Runaways (I think this series has had panels at other cons but not SDCC) and The Twilight Zone (this premiered and I imagine it will get a season 2).  Maybe Castle Rock will return too.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 05:08:08 PM »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2019, 10:38:00 AM »
I'm wondering if they'll bring back Boku no Hero Academia.  They just announced a second movie and the next season is premiering later than usual.  It's coming after the con instead of during it (lol I took a break to go back to my room and watch it last year but won't have that problem this year, yay!).  I feel like bringing a huge Japanese guest was somewhat of an anomaly though.  Then again, me liking an anime that's actually mainstream popular is an anomaly to begin with so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to guests from Japan.  Anyone who is actually into popular anime care to chime in on that?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2019, 12:41:40 PM »
There were some casting announcements for Black Widow today (David Harbour and Rachel Weisz).  If I were a betting gal, I'd bet they bring Black Widow to SDCC at the very least.  We may not get the typical MCU panel with tons of footage and stuff, but I think at the very least we get a Black Widow panel and maybe some casting news for other stuff like Captain Marvel in 2016.

And yes, I know D23 is like right there but meh.
Good point: also maybe some Dr. Strange 2 announcement.  I honestly dunno what is currently in production besides FAR FROM HOME (which is certainly done shooting).  I know GotG 3, Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Black Widow have been announced, but I dunno how deep into production any of those are (besides GotG 3 having a script complete, apparently).  Marvel has seemingly been extra-sneaky about their productions.  I've gotten the feeling that Marvel might not be making huge "Next Phase" type of movie announcements, since that clearly leads to spoiler territory (like BLACK PANTHER and SPIDEY 2 announcements long before INFINITY WAR release).  There will likely be a lot more info that comes post-ENDGAME, once the world knows who lives, who dies, who retires, who goes away, etc.

Of course, by July the dust will have officially settled from the Fox/Disney merger for roughly 4 months and maybe Feige would have some X-Men/Fantastic Four/Deadpool/whatever else news by SDCCI.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2019, 01:08:24 PM »
the dust will have officially settled

lol this word choice considering the end of Infinity War  :o

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2019, 01:17:09 PM »
lol this word choice considering the end of Infinity War  :o
I do try sometimes  ;)
#MusicMajorEnglishMinor

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2019, 02:13:52 PM »
I'm wondering if they'll bring back Boku no Hero Academia.  They just announced a second movie and the next season is premiering later than usual.  It's coming after the con instead of during it (lol I took a break to go back to my room and watch it last year but won't have that problem this year, yay!).  I feel like bringing a huge Japanese guest was somewhat of an anomaly though.  Then again, me liking an anime that's actually mainstream popular is an anomaly to begin with so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to guests from Japan.  Anyone who is actually into popular anime care to chime in on that?
I don't know much about it, but I know that the artist who does My Hero Academia generated a huge line at the Viz booth for signatures and products.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some more talent like that showing up for Viz if they are able to swing it! 

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2019, 03:13:00 PM »
With this news: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I would guess that the Walking Dead panel will have a teaser for the new series!

Offline willtowne16

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2019, 10:22:01 PM »
Just read this article Kevin Feige says he cant even announce if Marvel Studios will be at Comic Con because it would be a post Endgame spoiler

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2019, 07:01:34 AM »
Just read this article Kevin Feige says he cant even announce if Marvel Studios will be at Comic Con because it would be a post Endgame spoiler

At least if they wait until after Spiderman comes out (July 5) that leaves them time to confirm they will or will not be at SDCC.

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2019, 08:20:06 AM »
And July 5 is at the two week out mark-so schedule time! They can't hide forever! (and even if they try to not announce, a big gap in the hall h schedule would be very telling).  I hope they bring anything, even just a tiny something, of Black Panther 2.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2019, 08:35:27 AM »

Sigh...

It's cute that anyone associated with Marvel is playing it up like whatever happened in INFINITY WAR is definitive.

On the good side: it wouldn't be a spoiler to say "no, we're not attending Comic-Con this year."  So I think maybe at this point we can conservatively say it's 55/45 MCU will be in Hall H Saturday.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2019, 08:40:52 AM »
At least if they wait until after Spiderman comes out (July 5) that leaves them time to confirm they will or will not be at SDCC.
I think Kevin was mostly talking ENDGAME, since I doubt the new Spidey movie will be some massive world-rocking affair.

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2019, 08:43:36 AM »
I think Kevin was mostly talking ENDGAME, since I doubt the new Spidey movie will be some massive world-rocking affair.
True, I was just going off of the article saying that Marvel isn't announcing anything until after Spiderman (since that is the last movie confirmed).  IIRC, Spiderman takes place before Infinity War so it isn't a spoiler necessarily.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2019, 11:00:03 AM »

Hahaha I mean come on.  We know of at least 3 films for sure coming after July (Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Black Widow).  What can be more spoilery than the films that are already slated?  Feige my dude... come on now.