Author Topic: Non-SuperHero Current Movies **spoilers**  (Read 64114 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Non-SuperHero Current Movies **spoilers**
« on: July 26, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »
MI: Fallout

wow.....I found myself laughing out loud at the implausibility and yet thoroughly enjoyed the movie from start to finish. while the action was very well done and the MI aspects were there- it did not take it's self seriously-

a two solid thumbs up
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Non-SuperHero Current Movies **spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 11:46:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
MI: Fallout

wow.....I found myself laughing out loud at the implausibility and yet thoroughly enjoyed the movie from start to finish. while the action was very well done and the MI aspects were there- it did not take it's self seriously-

a two solid thumbs up

We just got back from seeing it :) Agree completely. I do wish they had done the trailer differently, I can think of a good number of scenes that would have had more impact if I hadn't been thinking well here comes that bit from the trailer. Really glad Rebecca Ferguson came back for this one.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:23:51 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 07:34:09 PM »
On todays hangout [member=5732]superkatchick[/member] recommended the Equalizer 2

i had some time and a free ticket....
Denzel Washington is amazing- it's slow to get going but worth the wait.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 08:01:33 PM »
I’m pretty sure Tom Cruise ran more in this movie than all previous Mission Impossible movies combined. And he ran a lot in those movies.

I agree with the choice of scenes in the trailer. Certain scenes would’ve had a bigger impact had they been left out.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 05:15:52 PM »
We saw Blindspotting this weekend and we loved it.  It was funny, which I didn't expect from the trailers, insightful, and just really well done.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 06:03:24 PM »
I’m pretty sure Tom Cruise ran more in this movie than all previous Mission Impossible movies combined. And he ran a lot in those movies.

I agree with the choice of scenes in the trailer. Certain scenes would’ve had a bigger impact had they been left out.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login :)

We saw Blindspotting this weekend and we loved it.  It was funny, which I didn't expect from the trailers, insightful, and just really well done.

Been trying to decide about seeing that or Sorry to Bother You this weekend. Just not enough time :(

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 08:16:05 PM »
I’m thinking its MI: Fallout for us this weekend maybe family has other movies in mind but we are going to MI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 08:49:47 PM »
LOL

i'm thinking teen titans go--
Or Mr Robinson
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:24:33 AM by alyssa »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 10:02:53 PM »
i went and saw The Meg

while the acting was decent, the script lacked originality - pretty one dimensional characters. the shark & underwater scenes are killer tho-

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 11:44:39 PM »
i went and saw The Meg

while the acting was decent, the script lacked originality - pretty one dimensional characters. the shark & underwater scenes are killer tho-
"My god! It's a Megladon" bloody love it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
    • Comic Con Family
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 05:25:21 AM »
Been trying to decide about seeing that or Sorry to Bother You this weekend. Just not enough time :(

We've seen both - saw Sorry to Bother You in San Diego. We liked Blindspotting more. But Sorry to Bother You is good too; just completely different.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 11:37:29 AM »
We've seen both - saw Sorry to Bother You in San Diego. We liked Blindspotting more. But Sorry to Bother You is good too; just completely different.

Sorry to Bother You is nuts!!  I need to google it so I can understand the symbolism, lol.  I keep thinking about it.

Blindspotting was excellent.  Daveed Diggs is just so adorable, I love him.  And of course the movie is more than handsome Daveed, it really puts you in the shoes of the characters.

I saw Eighth Grade yesterday and my shoulders hurt afterword from all the cringing.  Great movie, but it sure does bring back uncomfortable memories.

This weekend we are seeing Black Klansman.  I'm kinda upset with AMC, their website didn't have it as one of the main movies on the first page and I had to click on  See All Movies to find it.  It opens today, for goodness sake!!

And next weekend is Crazy Rich Asians.  I read the book when it first came out and loved it.  Very excited for the clothes and the wealth and the beautiful people who happen to be Asian :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:32:49 PM by TardisMom »

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 12:32:37 PM »
Sorry to Bother You is nuts!!  I need to google it so I can understand the symbolism, lol.  I keep thinking about it.

Blindspotting was excellent.  Daveed Diggs is just so adorable, I love him.  And of course the movie more than handsome Daveed, it really puts you in the shoes of the characters.

I saw Eighth Grade yesterday and my shoulders hurt afterword from all the cringing.  Great movie, but it sure does bring back uncomfortable memories.

This weekend we are seeing Black Klansman.  I'm kinda upset with AMC, their website didn't have it as one of the main movies on the first page and I had to click on  See All Movies to find it.  It opens today, for goodness sake!!

And next weekend is Crazy Rich Asians.  I read the book when it first came out and loved it.  Very excited for the clothes and the wealth and the beautiful people who happen to be Asian :)
We are seeing Crazy Rich Asians next week. Alamo Drafthouse has a special menu for it. Can't wait to see the movie, and try the special menu. I need to read the book!
Ang

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 01:34:08 PM »
We are seeing Crazy Rich Asians next week. Alamo Drafthouse has a special menu for it. Can't wait to see the movie, and try the special menu. I need to read the book!

I'm planning to buy my first ever movie theatre alcoholic drink when I see it.  We're doing a Ladies' Afternoon Out.  And yes, read the book!

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
    • Comic Con Family
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 03:44:38 PM »

Blindspotting was excellent.  Daveed Diggs is just so adorable, I love him.  And of course the movie is more than handsome Daveed, it really puts you in the shoes of the characters.

YES. Sorry To Bother You was CRAZY. After seeing it, I had to read up on it so I could fully understand it.

We're seeing Eighth Grade tomorrow, really looking forward to it. My kids are big fans of Bo Burnham, since his YouTube days.

And looking forward to Crazy Rich Asians too! Probably need to see it next weekend.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022