Author Topic: Exclusives "Success Rate" Poll  (Read 6711 times)

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
Re: Exclusives "Success Rate" Poll
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »
I got nada, which isn't a big deal, but I heard something that annoyed me. A friend mentioned that his friend won a ticket for a signing on Saturday but she doesn't have a Saturday badge. I would have thought CCI should have been able to prevent this. So it means that the odds of winning a ticket is even worse. Like if you have 130K attendees for Saturday but, say, 200K actual badge holders for any particular day, that means your chance of winning a ticket is even harder when you compete for spots with every single badge holder.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2018, 06:45:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I got nada, which isn't a big deal, but I heard something that annoyed me. A friend mentioned that his friend won a ticket for a signing on Saturday but she doesn't have a Saturday badge. I would have thought CCI should have been able to prevent this. So it means that the odds of winning a ticket is even worse. Like if you have 130K attendees for Saturday but, say, 200K actual badge holders for any particular day, that means your chance of winning a ticket is even harder when you compete for spots with every single badge holder.

Could it have been a glitch? People who didn’t have certain days weren’t supposed to see those options. Idk.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 02:15:32 AM »

Offline ChocolateGeek

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2018, 07:09:43 PM »
I am responsible for everything for both myself and my sister on this trip.   So I entered both of us for every exclusive thing on the list.
I got nothing.
She got Black Lighting and Lego Kitty.
And I'm the Black Lighting fan.
smh.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2018, 07:10:14 PM »
Could it have been a glitch? People who didn’t have certain days weren’t supposed to see those options. Idk.

I'm pretty confused about it myself. The friend's friend won a ticket for the Castle Rock signing. I saw a screenshot of the confirmation. It states the signing will take place on Saturday 7/21. But I see that the panel for Castle Rock is on Friday. Did the signing day move? Or is it a typo on the confirmation page?

Offline gestes64

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2018, 09:16:54 PM »
I signed up for 6 Warner Bros. signings and got 1 (Lucifer).  Frankly this was one more than I expected, considering I'd struck out for everything else I'd entered or tried to get tickets for, LOL.

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2018, 10:55:29 PM »
Submitted exactly 50
- 27 time slots: Mix and match of Hasbro/Funko/UCC
- 20 autograph signings
- 3 minifigs

Won 3
- 2 time slots: Hasbro and UCC
- 0 signings
- 1 minifig

I've shied away from autograph draws in recent years anyway and I've had the worst luck with the LEGO minifig tablet draws, so I'm content :)
SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019

Offline mcnuggets

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2018, 11:12:23 PM »
I signed up for a ton of things and I ended up winning three times.

1 funko sunday
1 ucc on friday
1 ucc on sunday

Offline koop1974

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2018, 02:41:15 AM »
I signed up for 13 and got nothing.

My husband signed up for the same 13 and got 1 (LEGO Ant Man & the Wasp).

Extra ramblings....Our selections were for Saturday & Sunday only. This year we were only able to get Sunday badges, however we are on the volunteer list. The slot my husband was able to get is on Saturday, which is when we plan to volunteer. We would have put in for more days but we didn’t have much luck with hotels either so we won’t be in SD until Friday. To make a long story, short... (too late!!!)...  This process will be lumped in with badges & hotels as determining & nerve wracking factors to how we schedule our days inside & for outside events.

Offline Jason

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2018, 05:08:01 AM »
There’s a phrase that comes to mind regarding Festivals and Conventions: “ Don’t come just for one thing.”

I have no sympathy.  It’s called a “convention”. Not a shopping mall.

Hopefully, these “I come only for the exclusives” people get discouraged and stop attending.  Let more people in who are coming in the spirit of what SDCC is really about.

But for those people, exclusives *are* what SDCC is about. Maybe it’s not that way for you, but it is for them.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2018, 06:03:44 AM »
Well, after about 10 minutes of feeling sad over my typical bad luck, I got over it and con life moves on.  But for me, exclusives and autographs are not critical to my con experience.  I like them and put some effort into getting them, but at the end of the day if I miss out, it is what it is.  But for some people, it is more important and I do feel for them.  I entered 35 lotteries and tried for many things I sort of wanted, but felt like I had to enter everything I was remotely interested in, in the hopes I 'd win something.  I'm sure many people won things that in normal circumstances they wouldn't have even bothered to try.  They're pretty happy right now and think this new process is a major success.  To them, I say congrats, have fun.  But have a little sympathy for people adapting to a new con reality.

I can't help but wonder what is next?  Will seating in Hall H become a lottery?  Imagine being lucky enough to get a badge, but find out you can't get any major exclusives, autographs or a good seat in Hall H and no amount of sacrifice or effort will help.  What you need is luck.  Sure, there's still plenty to do and lots of fun to be had, but at the end of the day all the "water cooler" talk will center around those big ticket items or events and whatever your "thing" is at SDCC, everyone there wants to be a part of it.  Being shut out isn't fun.

Offline LadyCerulean

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2018, 08:34:39 AM »
I got nothing as well, and I basically entered everything my schedule allowed me to.

If they were things for me, I'd just shrug and say 'Eh.  It happens'.  But I'm disappointed because these would have been things for other people.  The LEGO sets would have been awesome to send my boyfriend's nephews.  His brother and sis-in-law are Supernatural fans, so I would have loved to get autographs for them.  My boyfriend is a fan of a couple shows that had signings, so getting autographs would have been great.

Yes, I can get other things.  But it's still a bit disappointing.

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2018, 08:55:48 AM »
There’s a phrase that comes to mind regarding Festivals and Conventions: “ Don’t come just for one thing.”

Hopefully, these “I come only for the exclusives” people get discouraged and stop attending.  Let more people in who are coming in the spirit of what SDCC is really about.

I am a toy collector and reviewer, I go to SDCC to buy all the neat and unique toys that can't be purchased anywhere else. Your comment is insanely tone-deaf and rude. That would be like saying "Comic-Con isn't really about comics anymore, hopefully all of the comic collectors will get discouraged and stop attending."

The spirit of SDCC is really about being able to celebrate the things that you enjoy. Just because you don't enjoy something that other people do doesn't make their reason to visit any less valid than yours.

And in case you have not noticed, 90% of the show floor are vendors, vendors sell things, so yes and exhibit hall is a place designed for people to purchase things KINDA LIKE A MALL.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:00:54 AM by TheTFReview »

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2018, 09:55:14 AM »
The Spirit of Comic Con... Is that like the Spirit of Christmas Past?  Or more like the “The Great Pumpkin” from the Peanuts.  ;)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »

Then you seem not to know the history of SDCC and thus what it's "really about".  While I don't buy anything at comic-con because I'm too cheap, being a "shopping mall" is a big part of it's history and what it's "really about".
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:02:17 AM by chocolateshake »

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 830
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2018, 10:15:33 AM »
So basically if you enter for more than 12 things, you have a 50-50 chance of scoring at least one item.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019