Author Topic: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC  (Read 138311 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC
« Reply #345 on: May 23, 2018, 01:19:01 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yea, i not sure if they gonna limit how many u can try for or let u try for all and have be the luck of the draw or randomness of the lottery if u get all or at least get 1 or 2 of of any that u wanted to check out.

No one does, right now!

Offline spoox

• Exhibit Hall
  • Alaska, The Real Hoth!
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »
Noob question here... Where do you go to pull tickets/wristbands for signings? I tried last year for the Exorcist, I stood in some line outside for over an hour and was at the Sails pavilion at around 6am and when I asked the security people directing, they had no idea. I finally got in some other line and then someone told me it was already over.
Is there a certain place you start lining up outside? because I seemed to end up in the general entree line to get in the sales pavilion each time.

PS.. I got lucky, because when I told one of the FOX booth employees my ordeal, he gave me 2 tickets to the signing! :D

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #347 on: Today at 09:45:44 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #347 on: June 23, 2018, 02:20:51 PM »
You were in the right line. The 'Everything Else' line goes into the Sails and from there it splits off into the signings, exclusives and Ballroom 20 lines. The reason it was over by the time you got in is because the people at the front of the line who got in at 6 m participated and pulled all of the winning tickets.

However, this year all signs point to having the autographs allocated online, so the system will likely be different.

Glad you got lucky and were able to attend the signing anyway!

Offline spoox

• Exhibit Hall
  • Alaska, The Real Hoth!
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #348 on: June 23, 2018, 08:32:54 PM »
another question..sorry. Where is this so called "Professionals" line? I been Pro for several years now and I have yet to find it. I always end up in the regular crown and get put back in it no matter where I go lol

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #349 on: June 26, 2018, 08:36:35 AM »
So here we go save the date for July 2nd :)

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #350 on: June 26, 2018, 03:48:28 PM »
Missed this with all the info that's been flowing through today, but according to SDCC's Unofficial Blog updated Voltron info, seems like the Limited Tickets will be done the normal way like in years past.

[UPDATE June 26] We now have details on the signing: Saturday, July 21, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM in the Autograph Area. Scheduled to appear at the signing will be Joaquim Dos Santos, Lauren Montgomery, Rhys Darby, and Bex Taylor-Klaus. Drawing for Line Tickets to be held Saturday at 9:00am in the Autograph Area.

Maybe this is an exception.  Maybe SDCC will change their minds later.  But for now, this gives us some insight that the Autograph system will be in place for only the big booths signings and not for Limited Signings in the Sails.

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #351 on: June 27, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »
The Portal for exclusive merchandise is now open!! :D

Good luck to you all lol

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #352 on: July 03, 2018, 07:31:52 AM »
Have you guys submitted for the signings yet??

I submitted mine this morning !

Good luck to you all! :D

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #353 on: July 03, 2018, 07:41:51 AM »
another question..sorry. Where is this so called "Professionals" line? I been Pro for several years now and I have yet to find it. I always end up in the regular crown and get put back in it no matter where I go lol

No clue, either. I've tried every year.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #354 on: July 03, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »
No clue, either. I've tried every year.

Took me a few years to find it.  No one I ever asked seemed to know.  Basically, enter the sails pavilion from the side adjoining Ballroom 20.  Walk straight through the sails pavilion and exit the other side.  Take a left.  Go down the escalators and go right.  From there you should see signs (or the line itself). There's always an SDCC person at the front of the line making sure it stays in order and doesn't move until he says so.  Typically, they communicate with other lines and try to coordinate so they all enter the exhibit hall at the same time.  Of course you will hear stories how one year they got held up and entered 20 minutes or so after everyone else or the year they got to enter the hall before everyone else.  Take your pick.  The pro line can also get quite long, but typically doesn't start to get really long until a few hours before the exhibit hall opens.  In the morning, you'd have to be in the "everything else" line to get to it after they let you in the building.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #355 on: July 03, 2018, 03:56:06 PM »
Really hoping that we get the opportunity to get more than 1 exclusive signing. I picked 2 that I thought may not be as popular as a safety since they were new shows at least I would potentially get one. The other ones that I really want would be the wb shows (arrow and the flash) and DC theatrical. Really hoping I didn't just lose my opportunity on getting one that I really wanted. It's kinda interesting in how the interest list is formed. I asked CCI if they would be able to change the way it's showing since maybe the ones on top would be a more higher preference. They said it's not based on that order that you see and that the computer will randomize everything. I think after July 12, we should compare and see if the slots that we got chosen were the ones that were originally shown on top of the interest list. 

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #356 on: July 11, 2018, 12:14:18 PM »
24 hour reminder to sign up for any lottery you wish. There doesn't seem to be any way to cancel interest though in case you change your mind about a slot.

I ended up pulling the trigger on all mystery WB slots just in case there happened to be something I wanted. I would really hope for the possibility of trading (away from suspicious eyes) in cases where people ended up winning that which the other was more interested in.

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #357 on: July 12, 2018, 07:24:05 AM »
For the big drawing/lottery autographs are you allowed to have an item you bring signed instead of the poster they generally have the cast sign?

Offline GusGus23462

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 108
« Reply #358 on: July 12, 2018, 07:25:48 AM »
For the big drawing/lottery autographs are you allowed to have an item you bring signed instead of the poster they generally have the cast sign?

For the WB never! Fox is also a stickler for this too, but I’ve heard OCCASIONALLY it’s happened. I’d go in with the answer being no.

Offline Jason

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #359 on: July 12, 2018, 07:39:20 AM »

Fox has not allowed that in years. They used to tell you it was up to the talent, but now it's just no.

WB is a big no and they will kick you out of line for pulling out personal items. Last year I just touched my back pocket to put my wristband away and they swarmed me to ask what I was doing.