Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Press and Pro Applications  (Read 19341 times)

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Re: NYCC 2016 Press and Pro Applications
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2016, 12:18:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
An update for anyone who was curious how our situation turned out:

We appealed to NYCC in a collective email for all three of our staff members that were denied with specific links to our coverage from years past, as well as our Twitter feeds and Facebook photo albums from each year. Their response was that the circulation and unique monthly visitor numbers in our applications did not match up to what their research into our outlet showed. No idea how they ran our numbers, but they asked for proof and we showed them where our numbers came from and we received an email today saying that they had re-evaluated and we were all approved.

Thrilled that we reached out, happy they were willing to work with us, and the whole process took 4 days from our first email to them to being approved this morning. I'm finding NYCC continues to treat press people very well and they're slowly starting to chip away at SDCC for my favorite event of the year to cover.
Happy to hear your work has paid off.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2016, 01:14:34 PM »
[member=1295]Quislings[/member] [member=1480]bettiebloodshed[/member] glad you both got it sorted out. like i said sometimes and email to them will help. is it guaranteed, no, but i think a follow up is usually going to net a more positive response since it shows you care. not 100% of the time but i think it does go a long way
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 11:32:29 AM »

Offline riotgirl77

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
An update for anyone who was curious how our situation turned out:

We appealed to NYCC in a collective email for all three of our staff members that were denied with specific links to our coverage from years past, as well as our Twitter feeds and Facebook photo albums from each year. Their response was that the circulation and unique monthly visitor numbers in our applications did not match up to what their research into our outlet showed. No idea how they ran our numbers, but they asked for proof and we showed them where our numbers came from and we received an email today saying that they had re-evaluated and we were all approved.

Thrilled that we reached out, happy they were willing to work with us, and the whole process took 4 days from our first email to them to being approved this morning. I'm finding NYCC continues to treat press people very well and they're slowly starting to chip away at SDCC for my favorite event of the year to cover.

Hi there glad to hear you got approved after writing an appeal :) I unfortunately got rejected (was going to help out a friend who got the same thing...she's been going as press for 2 yrs straight. The site she writes for covers TV extensively) and just wondering what was the email address you used to send your appeal. I think the amount of people we had from an outlet got us rejected (3) so. Hope you can help..and feel free to PM me if you need/want to etc.