Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Open Registration  (Read 24500 times)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Re: SDCC 2019 Open Registration
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 03:26:19 AM »
 :( I hope they are still sending out emails...I have mine, but my sister has not.  Her member ID has her green check for Open Registration, so we are being patient.  If nothing comes today, though, I will contact CCI, just in case.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 05:12:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
:( I hope they are still sending out emails...I have mine, but my sister has not.  Her member ID has her green check for Open Registration, so we are being patient.  If nothing comes today, though, I will contact CCI, just in case.
If you haven't already, have her check her spam folder for the email, it's coming from [email protected] (her email client may show the sender as DO NOT REPLY Comic-Con International).  This threw off my wife because the "DO NOT REPLY" is now in front of "Comic-Con International". 
Also make sure she hasn't opted out of receiving emails in her Member ID.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:16:07 AM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 06:04:07 AM »
If you haven't already, have her check her spam folder for the email, it's coming from [email protected] (her email client may show the sender as DO NOT REPLY Comic-Con International).  This threw off my wife because the "DO NOT REPLY" is now in front of "Comic-Con International". 
Also make sure she hasn't opted out of receiving emails in her Member ID.

Thanks [member=3710]SteveD[/member]  - tried the spam folder and searched for it as above...nada.  Crossing fingers for later today.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 08:53:37 AM »
I’m thankful that it’s Nov. 10th. I had booked a vacation from the 28th to the 12th, so that was two potential registration Saturdays where I may not be online.

Now I just need to figure out which gods to make sacrifices to. Dunno if I dilute my chances if I pray to all of them, or if I should stick to a handful.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 09:00:47 AM »
I’m thankful that it’s Nov. 10th. I had booked a vacation from the 28th to the 12th, so that was two potential registration Saturdays where I may not be online.

Now I just need to figure out which gods to make sacrifices to. Dunno if I dilute my chances if I pray to all of them, or if I should stick to a handful.
I know what you mean- i'm heading to Designer con- my first time & really looking forward to it-
the last thing i wanted to worry about is how the sale is going for all my buddies & the forum buying groups!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Applescruff

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 09:35:11 AM »

I was in the same situation.  I booked a short vacay to see family in No Cal leaving the morning of Nov. 17th.  So while I voted for Dec. 8th on the survey, it was more wishful thinking than anything else.  I was really sweating bullets the date would be Nov. 17th.  And while I'm hoping to get PN,  I really want to be of help  for our buying group [member=4801]BenEatsRice[/member] for those who were shut out during Returning Reg. As for sacrifices, I'm not sure if my first-born is enough for the Comic Con gods, especially with this being the 50th anniversary.  I may have to throw in a few limbs!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 10:13:11 AM »
They've really been moving up the timelines since the year where returning registration was in the spring.
1) the year returning registration was in the spring was an anomaly historically
2) this DOES seem like the earliest they've had registration since BITD when it would just 'magically' pop up online on sale: before it sold out in less than 60 min.

I think early fall for Pre-Reg. and late fall/way early winter (i.e. mid-Nov-early Dec) is the way CCI has been rolling historically lately.  They've seemingly found their 'groove,' so to speak, and I'm sure many attendees would prefer to know if they have badges sooner than later for planning purposes: and also probably not have Registration too close to the holidays.

But you're right about things creeping up, though I can't imagine Open Reg. will creep up too much earlier (hopefully not famous last words?).  This is the first year that I can ever remember where Open Registration is occurring when I'm still in marching band season (our last show is the day of Open Reg), though I have rehearsal that morning I can work around.  It seems like for years Open Reg. happened in winter, like early/mid-Feb (sorry: as a San Diegan "winter" for us is essentially Post-Thanksgiving through February).  It does seem amusing to me that on SDCCI's 50th Anniversary they're still not sticking to a strict schedule or anything: still constantly in flux!  That's not a bad thing, just amusing  :P

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 10:46:56 AM »
......It seems like for years Open Reg. happened in winter, like early/mid-Feb (sorry: as a San Diegan "winter" for us is essentially Post-Thanksgiving through February).  It does seem amusing to me that on SDCCI's 50th Anniversary they're still not sticking to a strict schedule or anything: still constantly in flux!  That's not a bad thing, just amusing  :P

I'm getting the hang of the socal 'winter' ;)
life is change- nothing stays the same, I've learned to live with it & see the positive- as a result, I am still enjoying con despite all the changes!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 12:04:53 PM »
I'm getting the hang of the socal 'winter' ;)
Ha; I grew up in Northern and mostly Central OH; the last winter I spent in OH my wife and I were snowed-in during the Super Bowl, while a buddy of mine in San Diego was outside watching the game on his porch in board shorts and flip flops.  We decided right then, literally, to move to SD during that summer and I've not missed winter, rainy falls or springs, etc.  Comedian Daniel Tosh put my thoughts best: "I love the seasons: that's why I moved to a place that skips all the crappy ones"  :P

life is change- nothing stays the same, I've learned to live with it & see the positive- as a result, I am still enjoying con despite all the changes!
Yeah, I hear THAT!  The Con continually changes and all we can do is roll with the punches: it's CCI's world - we're just living in it!
Did you score during Pre-Reg?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 12:33:44 PM »
Ha; I grew up in Northern and mostly Central OH; the last winter I spent in OH my wife and I were snowed-in during the Super Bowl, while a buddy of mine in San Diego was outside watching the game on his porch in board shorts and flip flops.  We decided right then, literally, to move to SD during that summer and I've not missed winter, rainy falls or springs, etc.  Comedian Daniel Tosh put my thoughts best: "I love the seasons: that's why I moved to a place that skips all the crappy ones"  :P
In the 'crapy season' defense, I do enjoy them- especially fall- with the chilly weather & toasty sweaters- BUT i can say i'll be ok without shoveling or wading through mud/slush

Yeah, I hear THAT!  The Con continually changes and all we can do is roll with the punches: it's CCI's world - we're just living in it!
Did you score during Pre-Reg?
I'm press so yeah- i'm sorted

'it's cci's world, we're just living in it" LOL That's a good one- i may steal it

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 01:44:59 PM »
In the 'crapy season' defense, I do enjoy them- especially fall- with the chilly weather & toasty sweaters- BUT i can say i'll be ok without shoveling or wading through mud/slush

One of the nice things about living in California is that if you want that kind of weather, you can drive to it. A ski area is just a few hours away. And when you get fed up with snow and cold, you can just drive home. Having grown up in the Great Lakes area, I love that now I live in a warmer climate and can just 'drive to the snow' for a day if I want.

Back to open reg... I'm glad it's on the 10th, because I am hosting D&D on the 17th (and I'm the DM)!

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »

I've found that the CCI gods appreciate sacrifices of sleep and food. I used to never sleep out of nerves, now I don't sleep because it's basically tradition. It often feels that the more sleep deprived I am, the more successful our group.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2018, 09:45:45 AM »
Thanks [member=3710]SteveD[/member]  - tried the spam folder and searched for it as above...nada.  Crossing fingers for later today.
As long as it's clear in the Member ID page on CCI's website you're fine.  The individual codes have not been emailed out yet, and likely won't until mid-next week so you're still fine: or at least, you're around a week away before you should start to feel a little panicked.  IIRC the login codes will also be in your Member ID page under "Registration Info" so email may be redundant.

Offline Matryoshka

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2018, 10:10:49 AM »
I've found that the CCI gods appreciate sacrifices of sleep and food. I used to never sleep out of nerves, now I don't sleep because it's basically tradition. It often feels that the more sleep deprived I am, the more successful our group.

I've decided my success must be linked to my worry level. This was the first year I actually didn't feel super stressed the night before and then got completely shut out of Pre-Reg.  :-\

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2018, 10:18:13 AM »
I've decided my success must be linked to my worry level. This was the first year I actually didn't feel super stressed the night before and then got completely shut out of Pre-Reg.  :-\
So @8:45 am next Saturday you should totally start to hyperventilate and then you'll get 4-day w/PN  :P