Author Topic: Your Conflicts of Interest, Friday Only  (Read 17991 times)

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 1
Re: Your Conflicts of Interest, Friday Only
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »
I think Ballroom 20 >> Hall H on Friday, only because next year both Walking Dead and GoT will still be "relevant" in terms of SDCC programming.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 12:32:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think Ballroom 20 >> Hall H on Friday, only because next year both Walking Dead and GoT will still be "relevant" in terms of SDCC programming.

OTOH, how much 'overlap' is there between BBT, Walking Dead and GoT? All of those are in the top 5 panels for 'popularity', but if they're all different people, that's one HUGE crowd in Hall H!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 07:40:47 AM »

Offline Billyconard

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 12:51:21 PM »

This line of thinking helped me make my mind up.  I'm staying in BR20 all day.  I've seen the Walking Dead panel every year so far.  Would love to see GoT, but realize they won't have any new footage for season 3 - so what are you going to miss that you couldn't see in the Hall H playback at night or online later?  Swag, I guess.  This is the only chance to see Firefly and Breaking Bad.  Add in the fact that I'm not a BBT fan, and BR20 it is for me!

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »
OTOH, how much 'overlap' is there between BBT, Walking Dead and GoT? All of those are in the top 5 panels for 'popularity', but if they're all different people, that's one HUGE crowd in Hall H!

With capacity capped at 6K, it won't matter if there's overlap in interest or not. Hall H will be filled. There were lines down to the marina last year for those panels when it was in BR 20 with 2K less seats.  If anything, how popular GoT is will play a big role in just how busy the earlier panels will be with people funneling in for it (same goes w/ the other rooms and the later panels).

And yeah, I agree w/ Patman - the BR 20 panels certainly feel very exclusive to this year and will not likely be around next year so for now, that's where I'm leaning.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »

10:15 am TMNT 146
11 am Venture Brother 216
12:05 pm Big Bang Theory 949
12:30 pm Firefly 1301
1:25 pm Walking Dead 1061
1:45 pm Bones 475
2:45 pm Game of Thrones - 1142
3 pm Robot Chicken 302
3 pm Arrow 384
4:30 Falling Skies 306
5:30 Joss Whedon 607

I find it interesting that right now Firefly looks to be the most 'popular' panel, despite all of the hoopla going on in Hall H.

Firefly has 10 years of Browncoats to draw from.  I don't typically buy many t-shirts of my favorite TV shows, but I have a Blue Sun shirt.   ;D