Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld  (Read 34392 times)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: Will Star Wars land at Disneyland be open before SDCC?
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2019, 05:25:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You mean those are the dates, because the reservation tickets themselves aren’t available yet. You gave me a heart attack after I saw “available”! Lol  :D All good!

Yes, just the ticket! Not the reservation.  The websites and articles say a reservation isn't required after Jun 23rd, though I suppose some things could change.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
31st is gonna be crazy all around with grad nite being the same day at disneyland.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
[member=4434]Angel_[/member] Heeyyy! You can plan your trip now.  :)

Edit - Apparently, I'm the one millionth person to alert you of this. Oops.  :-[
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 07:32:31 AM by Virgo911 »

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
31st is gonna be crazy all around with grad nite being the same day at disneyland.

really grad nite is that day too, it's going to be crazy.

if i can get a reservation for the 31st, i will go opening day! :D
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
[member=4434]Angel_[/member] Heeyyy! You can plan your trip now.  :)

Edit - Apparently, I'm the one millionth person to alert you of this. Oops.  :-[

Haha yep.  I'm grateful so many people are looking out for me though!  Bought my ticket yesterday.  So I've got my airfare both to California and back, my hotel for Disneyland, my Disneyland ticket, my SDCC badge....  now just waiting for the Hotelpocalypse and I'll be set.

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
Anyone else planning to go may 31st? Id like to form a lineup group. Send me a PM. Id like to not discuss times and details publicly

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline twiley79

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2019, 01:16:34 PM »
I'm from out of state...how hard is it to drive from San Diego to Disneyland? How long would it take? I'm from a rural area but have some experience driving in Chicago traffic and on one vacation around San Diego (non-Comic Con time) but you hear so many horror stories about driving the California freeways. I was thinking of going for a day on the Tuesday after the Con. Do you think everyone else will have the same idea?

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2019, 02:36:38 PM »
I'm from out of state...how hard is it to drive from San Diego to Disneyland? How long would it take? I'm from a rural area but have some experience driving in Chicago traffic and on one vacation around San Diego (non-Comic Con time) but you hear so many horror stories about driving the California freeways. I was thinking of going for a day on the Tuesday after the Con. Do you think everyone else will have the same idea?

I think you'll be fine.  Yes, California drivers are jerks, but just take caution and you'll be fine.  It's about an hour and a half to two hour drive so if possible I'd stay in Anaheim.  Personally, I'm doing the trip BEFORE the con.  So I think there will be a good mix of people doing it before and people doing it after.  And many just not doing it at all.  Pulling a number completely out of my butt here, but I wouldn't expect it'd affect capacity by more than a couple thousand? Which isn't noticeable at Disneyland really.

Offline twiley79

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2019, 02:43:47 PM »
Thanks! I am excited about the opportunity to go! I've never been to Disneyland, just Disney World so I don't know the area at all. I think I will take your advice about staying in Anaheim. I imagine it will be lines everywhere still in July but after SDCC I'll be a pro, right?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Forum Housekeeping:

Merged newer thread ("Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld") into older thread ("Will Star Wars land at Disneyland be open before SDCC?") to avoid confusion between two threads on the same topic.

As this isn't actually related to SDCC discussions, this will be housed in the Off-Topic Chat (where the newer thread was created).

Retained newer thread's title to indicate actual opening dates for clarification. ^__~
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 01:48:33 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Kmd2103

• Gaming Lounge
  • I don't like...I obsess
  • Liked: 83
Agree with @Angel_! The drive isn’t bad at all; just allow buffer time for traffic and use caution.

DLand is easier to navigate than WDW! There are many non-Disney hotels within walking distance!
SDCC 2013-2018 #gameofthrones #netflixoriginals #sherlocked

Offline twiley79

• Exhibit Hall
Thanks! I'll start looking into hotels!

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
Forum Housekeeping:

Merged newer thread ("Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld") into older thread ("Will Star Wars land at Disneyland be open before SDCC?") to avoid confusion between two threads on the same topic.

As this isn't actually related to SDCC discussions, this will be housed in the Off-Topic Chat (where the newer thread was created).

Retained newer thread's title to indicate actual opening dates for clarification. ^__~

Thanks Zero! Haha I put it in General initially because I was planning it around SDCC, but now it's just an all around discussion so yeah off topic seems right haha. Thank you.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2019, 06:31:23 PM »
You mean those are the dates, because the reservation tickets themselves aren’t available yet. You gave me a heart attack after I saw “available”! Lol  :D All good!
Ditto  :o

Offline jclemy

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
Thanks! I am excited about the opportunity to go! I've never been to Disneyland, just Disney World so I don't know the area at all. I think I will take your advice about staying in Anaheim. I imagine it will be lines everywhere still in July but after SDCC I'll be a pro, right?
I've done the drive a few times and it's not too bad actually. You'll need to do a few u turns but it's not insane.

We're going Tuesday as well and we've done it twice. It's busy but not bad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk