Author Topic: 'A Cup O' Tea with... An Englishman In San Diego'; Talkin' Comic-Con (weekly Google+ Hangout show)  (Read 59095 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
there's a rumor that Leonard might have a comic writer today in addition to yours truly <an odd combo but there you go>

Kieron Gillen is a British comic book writer and former computer game and music journalist. He is known for his creator-owned comic Phonogram, created with artist Jamie McKelvie, published by Image Comics, and for numerous projects for Marvel Comics, such as Journey into Mystery and Uncanny X-Men
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Great. Can't wait to watch.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
A Cup O' Tea with An Englishman In San Diego: Talkin' Comic-Con (15th June 2014)
with Special Guest >Kieron Gillen<
Today, 0930PST / 1230EST / 1730GMT

This is the weekly San Diego Comic-Con Live Show, a Hangout On Air taking place every Sunday (5.30pm GMT / 9.30am PST / 12.30pm EDT) and hosted by Leonard Sultana aka An Englishman In San Diego.

Every week, Leonard will be discussing the San Diego Comic-Con news of the last seven days LIVE - viewers can interact online, either by Twitter (tweeting with the hashtag ‪#‎CupOTeaSDCC‬ ) or via the Hangout Event Q&A. Schedules permitting, Leonard will be joined by guests from the SDCC blogging community and some surprises!

Confirmed Guests:
+ Rob S. (The Futon Alliance)
+ Gender Biased Reviews
+ Alyssa Franks (Friends Of CCI Forum)

UPDATE: We've gotten ourselves a very last minute Special Guest, joining us on today's show: Image Comics/ Marvel writer (Young Avengers), KIERON GILLAN! Kieron is also responsible for his own self-published projects, including 'Phonogram' ("One of the few truly essential comics of 2006.", Warren Ellis) and recent book 'The Wicked & The Divine' (issue #2, landing imminently!).

Kieron will be joining us for a short spell in-between work on this second issue - we're very lucky to have him for the time he's giving! Any questions, please click on Q&A and join in!

Google+ Event:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
YouTube:

Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
These videos get me so pumped for SDCC.

• Ballroom 20

These videos get me so pumped for SDCC.

Thank you! I'm really glad someone's appreciating them.

You let The Man get you down, The Man wins - I say, Damn The Man.
"I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
You're still mentioning me every episode, right?   :o

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
You're still mentioning me every episode, right?   :o

You were mentioned on "The Nerd Truth" podcast :D, you and the bargain bin diving
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
You were mentioned on "The Nerd Truth" podcast :D, you and the bargain bin diving

I nag them too.  :)

• Ballroom 20
A Cup O' Tea with An Englishman In San Diego: Talkin' Comic-Con... (22nd June 2014 - THIRTY-ONE Days to SDCC 2014)

This is the weekly San Diego Comic-Con Live Show, a Hangout On Air taking place every Sunday (5.30pm GMT / 9.30am PST / 12.30pm EDT) and hosted by Leonard Sultana, aka An Englishman In San Diego.

Google+ Event:
YouTube:

Every week, Leonard will be discussing the San Diego Comic-Con news of the last seven days LIVE - viewers can interact online, either by Twitter (tweeting with the hashtag #CupOTeaSDCC ) or via the Hangout Event Q&A. Schedules permitting, Leonard will be joined by guests from the SDCC blogging community and some surprises!

Confirmed Guests:
(Collectibles/Exclusives) Kyle from TheTFReview
(Comics News) Joel Meadows (Deadline)
(TV/Movies) The Nerd Element
Tina (syzlynn), from Red Dot Diva
(SDCC News) Alyssa Franks (Friends Of CCI Forum)

Special Guest: Jennifer, from Zombie Walk: San Diego!
The original zombie experience returns to San Diego Comic-Con this year and is bigger and better than ever before. Joining us is Jennifer from Zombie Walk: San Diego to tell us about a full week of decomposing fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have anything you'd like to have discussed in this week's show, please put a suggestion in the comments - we'd love to hear what you'd like to talk about. And don't forget to join in the conversation LIVE during the show, using the Q&A button in the video preview above or on Twitter (#CupOTeaSDCC)

The Cup O' Tea with...' Show is a 'round table' event which means we don't have a fixed panel of guests - if there is anybody YOU would like to see take part, let us know about someone who is passionate about SDCC that you'd like to see on the show, or any future episodes between now and the Con.

(And, of course, if you are a SDCC/pop culture blogger and want to directly take part in the Hangout, please DM +An Englishman In San Diego , at least ONE DAY prior to the Hangout going live, and we'll arrange for you to take part. Bring your own hot beverage...!)

See you all on Sunday... LIVE!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Looking forward to this!

i've come to **love** the convo's!  VERY enjoyable
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
anyone who has a gmail account interested in joining us today in 15 20 mins? we've had a couple of folks back out & am looking for folks to talk too <grin>

respond to this & pm me & ukdeejay your gmail email address

Online dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
Hey Alyssa, lost you guys during the broadcast. Guess Leonard was having technical difficulties. Is it coming back on or postponed till later today or just wait till next Sunday?
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
major tech difficulties today on lenorad's end
he's on the way to the pub <lol>

No not re-shced,  just gonna hang it up for the day & watch futbul at 5:30p et

catch it next week!  Maybe i'll figure out how to post links into the q&a area! 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
we're live

• Ballroom 20
>>> A Cup O' Tea with An Englishman In San Diego: Talkin' Comic-Con... (6th July 2014 - SEVENTEEN Days to SDCC 2014!) <<<

With Special Guest, Marvel's RYAN PENAGOS (AGENT M)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Interact with the Q&A:

Watch LIVE:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Where are you going to be, THREE WEEKS TODAY??

This is the weekly San Diego Comic-Con Live Show, a Hangout On Air taking place every Sunday (5.30pm GMT / 9.30am PST / 12.30pm EDT) and hosted by Leonard Sultana, aka An Englishman In San Diego.

Every week, Leonard will be discussing the San Diego Comic-Con news of the last seven days LIVE - viewers can interact online, either by Twitter (tweeting with the hashtag #CupOTeaSDCC) or via the Hangout Event Q&A. Schedules permitting, Leonard will be joined by guests from the SDCC blogging community and some surprises!

Confirmed Guests, this week:
Kyle (The TF Review)
Joel Meadows (Tripwire)
Alyssa Franks (Friends Of CCI Forum)

and more, to be confirmed!

CONFIRMED SPECIAL GUEST: RYAN PENAGOS (aka Agent M, Marvel Entertainment). This is a big guest for us and we're lucky to get a small amount of time with Ryan, especially as Marvel prepares for the biggest event in its calendar. We'll be talking the companies history with the Con, what +Comic-Con International and its fans mean to Marvel and maybe some insight as to what they've got planned fort this years Con!

If you have anything you'd like to have discussed in this week's show, please put a suggestion in the comments - we'd love to hear what you'd like to talk about. And don't forget to join in the conversation LIVE during the show, using the Q&A button in the video preview above or on Twitter (#CupOTeaSDCC)

The Cup O' Tea with...' Show is a 'round table' event which means we don't have a fixed panel of guests - if there is anybody YOU would like to see take part, let us know about someone who is passionate about SDCC that you'd like to see on the show, or any future episodes between now and the Con.

(And, of course, if you are a SDCC/pop culture blogger and want to directly take part in the Hangout, please DM +An Englishman In San Diego , at least ONE DAY prior to the Hangout going live, and we'll arrange for you to take part. Bring your own hot beverage...!)

See you all on Sunday... LIVE!